X52 pro remapping help

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

X52 pro remapping help

Postby stephen » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:02 am

Hi all.

I know the pro isnt fully compaitable yet, but would just like some basic help.

I want to remap buttons on the flight stick to emulate buttons on the DS4.

When I change the mappigs on the input, i see no change on the output side!

Do I need to have some code too?

Im a complete noob and just recived my T2 in post today.

Many thanks in advance
stephen
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: X52 pro remapping help

Postby stephen » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:41 am

I'll try to explain better.

The software has shown me that it recognises both the DS4 and the X52 pro (im awear that it doesnt recognise all buttons as of now). Under GPC it shows me the x52 inputs, when i change the out puts from GPC to PS4 (drop down menu)I can see how it relates to the GPC. The problem arises when i try to remap the buttons. eg I change button 4 on the hotas to R1 on output. I run the GIt to debug and then click on device monitor to see if my changes have worked and.... they dont.

I dont want to use the thrustmaster as its build quailty is shocking.

Please help!
stephen
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby phillow » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:59 am

Hi!

with a friend who owns a X52/PS4/Titan setup, i worked out a "limited" Input mapping & GPC script for E:D.
Will upload it to Online Resources" as soon as we have done functional testing.

really looking forward to get the HID for X52 to release full potential :joia:
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby phillow » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:26 pm

Hi!

setup is done, which can be used as is, or changed to your preferrence.
Once we have the HIDs for the X52, will then start to redo the whole thing for XBOX & PS :)

Check out PS4(5) setup under: LINK
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Mad » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:50 am

phillow wrote:Check out PS4(5) setup under: LINK

Awesome, thank you for publishing this. :joia: :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby SirBrass » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:24 pm

phillow wrote:Hi!

setup is done, which can be used as is, or changed to your preferrence.
Once we have the HIDs for the X52, will then start to redo the whole thing for XBOX & PS :)

Check out PS4(5) setup under: LINK

I was thinking of doing this to your code for my fellow PS4/5 players of Elite who want to get the heck away from the HOTAS 4. Glad to see you've done it and implemented use of the touchpad buttons as well for combos.

Note: I found an issue in binding. For some reason, Touchpad Upper right does NOT want to bind with d-pad Up or d-pad down (but will for d-pad left and right :smile0307: ). I cannot get it to do this with the DS4 itself, let alone in my T2 code. This is probably due to some recent bug introduced by FDev as it used to work, and it's an issue with binding recognition, not in use. As since the binding was already in place before the bug, it worked as intended. However, I couldn't remap that binding to a different control in the game, as it would only recognize the touchpad button and not the touchpad button + d-pad. This is not an issue for the other 3 touchpad buttons, however.

Blame ooFDev and their spaghetti code mess.
SirBrass
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby phillow » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:10 am

Hi,

i am curious to see that you encountered this combo not working, as my fellow did successful tests with it last week.
Afaik, there are still combo possibilites left without Dpad UP/DOWN, probably enough to map out all existing inputs properly to a working setup.

Do you have any idea when this issue was introduced?

EDIT: to get that straight: You´re saying that TPad lower-right, lower-left and upper-left are not affected from your POV?
Easy enough to change from upper-right to another combo :)
--> as i don´t own a PS, it´s guess-work all the time :innocent_smile_1:
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby SirBrass » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 pm

phillow wrote:Hi,

i am curious to see that you encountered this combo not working, as my fellow did successful tests with it last week.
Afaik, there are still combo possibilites left without Dpad UP/DOWN, probably enough to map out all existing inputs properly to a working setup.

Do you have any idea when this issue was introduced?

EDIT: to get that straight: You´re saying that TPad lower-right, lower-left and upper-left are not affected from your POV?
Easy enough to change from upper-right to another combo :)
--> as i don´t own a PS, it´s guess-work all the time :innocent_smile_1:

I'm starting to think that too many binds including a touch pad button locks it out of being used as a modifier, as i use the touch buttons as my primary modifiers in the combos I've set up, and face buttons are secondary modifiers. I did this because I have the castle hat on the left stick remapped to the face buttons (for playstation/xbox: up is triangle/Y, down is X/A, left is square/X, and right is O/B), so the other hats are specific touchpad button + D-pad, which can then be modified manually by face buttons. I've changed that up quite a bit since I've renamed combos according to their intended basic function, and the main code refers to the button location. This is so you can see in code if a button is intended to be used in a certain fashion, and if you just want to swap locations of 2 binds, you don't have to mess with bindings in game (which can be finicky as I've found) you just change the combo called in code for that button. However, the rationale remains the same. It's also because main game menus still only respond to preset bindings (square: apply changes, x: accept, O: back/cancel, and triangle: UI nest), so face buttons aren't locked up in combos and you can use left stick castle hat and pov hat to move around the PS OS as well.

I may have to go in and revamp all combo assignments to clean things up some. Still, the problem lies in ooFdev spaghetti code, not T2 code.
SirBrass
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby phillow » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:19 am

I figured out myself that the creating of combo´s isnt that easy for that game as I thought of. My main objective also was to have the face buttons available as direct input combined with the dpad to ensure proper OS nav, etc.
Initially, i was using the face btns as direct in-game cmds as well as combo modifier, but it turned out that depending on other inputs, that may/may not work. Getting rid of all the direct cmds on face btns & use them as modiferes only is a pretty good compromise and didnt give me any issues.
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:11 am

Hi Console Tuner Team

I have been using the Titan Two with an X52 Standard to play Elite Dangerous for over two years and it is working perfectly.

However, I also have an X52 PRO and was hoping that the recent GTuner update (v 11.11.3.1) which included a HID file for the X52 PRO would result in most of the buttons working in a similar to the X52 standard. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.

I have reviewed all the active GPC Designators on the X52 PRO again the X52 Standard and can apply Input Translations to align most of the differences between the X52 PRO again the X52 Standard. Unfortunately, there are two issues that I cannot correct via Input Translations as follows:

1. The POV Hat on the throttle is only working in one direction and all four inputs are required for the X52 PRO to function properly

2. The defualt mapping on the Mode Switch is very problematic as it is activating BUTTON_1, BUTTON_3 or BUTTON_16 respectively in each Mode. The Mode Switch on the X52 Standard does not activate any buttons which frees these buttons up so they can be used for other Buttons (e.g. on the Multi Function display).

I have summarised a list of proposed changes to the X52 PRO HID file in the attached image and included an Excel spreadsheet of all the GPC Designators on both the X52 PRO and X52 Standard and how these map to the Xbox One controller as additional information.

Please let me know if this request should be submittted via GITHUB or if you need any additional information in order to make the proposed change to the X52 PRO HID file.

Regards

Ian
Attachments
X52 Pro requested GPC Designators.xlsx
(13.49 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Proposed X52 PRO HID changes - 20210411.JPG
Proposed X52 PRO HID changes - 20210411.JPG (72.63 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan Two Device