X52 Input support

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

X52 Input support

Postby phillow » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:07 pm

Hi there,
as this topic is mixed in already various different posts, i would like to use the chance and open a new one which focusses only on the question of "Input support" of the Saitech/Logitech X52 (pro).

I am not sure if version 1.11 did actually change something for me, altough the "mode" switch on the right hand side stick seem to be recognised as an input 1st time, mapped to Paddle2-4 (this unfortunately is the least important).

As mentioned in: Github Issue 296, the X52 HOTAS would support 38 digital and 9 analog channels. For games like E:D, having the possibility to use all this inputs would benefit the in-play satisfaction due to better muscle memory (instead of having multiple layers of combo actions, its easier to remember dedicated buttons/sliders/wheels).

I am not sure if the fact that the X52 models (standard/pro) with 2 different brands does have (probably) 4 different HID´s, will make a difference here or complicate things.
It also leads me to the question if the Titan is capable to support more than the total of 42 channels, getting all 47 inputs (and maybe LED feedback) working.

I am happy to support you from my end with anymore details needed, or volunteer for live debugging on my machine.

many thanks in advance!
Last edited by phillow on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: X52 Input support

Postby phillow » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:46 pm

The update 1.11 made it even worse for PS users, as they now miss the "Ministick" (Mousepointer), which have been used as thrusters LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN, due to the fact that the intended hat ("left hand pointer finger hat") was only providing 2 out of 4 inputs.
Now, the Ministick is gone, but the "left hand pointer finger hat" does only have 3 out of 4 inputs, which makes him useless for thrusters.
Those thrusters are a VERY basic and important control needed during almost every flight manouver there is (except hyperjump/supercruise).

My fellow whom I worked with to create the initial setup on his PS is now eager to roll back to 1.10, which i do not know atm if thats the solution, and if yes, how that is achieveable.
Any help for that step appreciated.

EDIT#2: all the behaviour above only counts for PS; on XBOX we do have a different functionality of the stick with some more buttons working, others don´t. In the end, the actual XBOX setup does work a bit better in terms of which buttons are usable.
-> obviously, having all inputs working would be the big win :P
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:34 am

Hey Phillow - similar issues here. The HID for the X52 Standard works perfectly, but the new HID file that has been added in the most recent update is a mixed bag. I use the MFD buttons on the X52 Standard, but only one of the four MFD button appears to be working.

Also, are the button lights on the throttle of the X52 Pro working for you? They aren't for me, but they do light up on the X52 Standard.

What would be really great is if all the buttons were accessible on the X52 (standard or pro) and we could choose which ones are usable by the Titan Two (assuming that there is an upper limit to the number of inputs).
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:23 am

Hey everyone

So the most recent update has made things a little worse on the X52 PRO. Only one of the three inputs on POV hat three is working on Xbox - previously all four were working) - but still only one of the MFD buttons are working. I have attached the setup that I have for the X52 Standard that I am very happy with (as are the 4 other users that I have helped with this setup for Elite Dangerous on Xbox). I'm not sure if this helps, but I guess this could be considered a proposed future state for button functionality for th X52 Pro?

I have also inclded the input translater and GPC scripts that I am using for the X52 standard.
Attachments
X52_HOTAS_mapped_Xbox_One_v1.81.gpc
(5.99 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
X52_All_1.1.git
(71 Bytes) Downloaded 95 times
X52 - Elite Dangerous - Xbox - Build v1.81 - Doc v1.0.pdf
(215.77 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby phillow » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi there,

checked out the new update 1.10.3.1, which does look promising for more!
We also did successful test the inputs for PS, great job!!!

To get out even more, i openend this GITHUB Issue #297.
I hope we can have this done too, then we would have (with least compromises there are) a very useful setup :smile0202: :smile0202:

Once done, i will start focus on a script that works on both consoles :smile0517:

UPDATE: i did a preminiraly script to cover whats usable atm, so we can use that till we get more. Luckily, this following update will not destroy any ingame bindings from now on, only adding more.
Check the script here: https://github.com/phillowAT/titan_x52

br,
Phillow
Last edited by phillow on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby phillow » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:08 pm

thomo127 wrote:Also, are the button lights on the throttle of the X52 Pro working for you? They aren't for me, but they do light up on the X52 Standard.

Sry, i do only own a standard X52, where Leds are bright (actually almost too bright).
This is why i also asked if its possible to get the LED feedback ;)
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby SirBrass » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:15 pm

phillow wrote:The update 1.11 made it even worse for PS users, as they now miss the "Ministick" (Mousepointer), which have been used as thrusters LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN, due to the fact that the intended hat ("left hand pointer finger hat") was only providing 2 out of 4 inputs.
Now, the Ministick is gone, but the "left hand pointer finger hat" does only have 3 out of 4 inputs, which makes him useless for thrusters.
Those thrusters are a VERY basic and important control needed during almost every flight manouver there is (except hyperjump/supercruise).

My fellow whom I worked with to create the initial setup on his PS is now eager to roll back to 1.10, which i do not know atm if thats the solution, and if yes, how that is achieveable.
Any help for that step appreciated.

EDIT#2: all the behaviour above only counts for PS; on XBOX we do have a different functionality of the stick with some more buttons working, others don´t. In the end, the actual XBOX setup does work a bit better in terms of which buttons are usable.
-> obviously, having all inputs working would be the big win :P

When did it come out? I haven't opened Gtuner in about a week. Sounds like I shouldn't accept any firmware updates till some of this is fixed.

Though my lats and verts are controlled by L3/R3 and L2/R2 respectively on left joystick (x-axis and twist respectively), but if pov hat stuff has gotten messed up, then that's going to be a big problem. Pip management is so absolutely crucial to AX and PvP combat.
SirBrass
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby phillow » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:35 am

SirBrass wrote:When did it come out? I haven't opened Gtuner in about a week. Sounds like I shouldn't accept any firmware updates till some of this is fixed.

Though my lats and verts are controlled by L3/R3 and L2/R2 respectively on left joystick (x-axis and twist respectively), but if pov hat stuff has gotten messed up, then that's going to be a big problem. Pip management is so absolutely crucial to AX and PvP combat.

With the very last update of 1.10.3.1, the HID is fixed and changed to the same input channels as already used for XBOX.
Means: Left hand pointer finger hat works now in all directions for thrusters, ministick is available too (but not mapped from my end yet); The TRI/CIRCL/SQR/CRS btns are now available to be mapped to the 3 blue and "left mouse btn", which is perfect fit!
PIP´s can be done through standard DPad input, headlook is mapped through "exclusive" input "mouse scroll btn".
You will find all the details in my script: https://www.consoletuner.com/greslib/?w1561

Only downside: to the uniformity of the script for XB/PS, i changed the combos from TPAD to e.g. L3+R3+DpadUP.
Big upside: as the first tests went with it, that also seems to be nicely accepted from PS, therefore we have one script for all, which is also futureproof (no more remappings necessary once done, only addons when we add X52 combo executions)

For easier contribution, i also uploaded the whole thing into github as well (see post above)
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby crimsontyphoon24 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:13 am

Hi all, new here but I seem to have a problem with my X52 Pro being fully recognized, most of the buttons on the throttle are not recognized, and one of the hat switches (top left hat switch) on the stick is also having the same issue. Where are the HID files, do I need to load them from somewhere on the computer, I am using a MAC or download them? Please help I am a bit lost here.
crimsontyphoon24
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan Two Device