Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 on Xbox Series X?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 on Xbox Series X?

Postby GreenCard79 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forums, and to the Titan Two (literally just got one today) so please excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere already, but is it possible to use the HOTAS T.Flight 4 on the Xbox Series X via the Titan Two? I have hooked it up to the Xbox, HOTAS 4 in port 1, XSX controller in port 2, the buttons on the HOTAS 4 all work fine, as does the POV control, but only the up-down-left-right on the stick works (stick twist doesn't register) and the throttle doesn't register at all.

I have tried connect the HOTAS 4 to the Titan Two and checking the device monitor in GTuner, and the throttle and stick twist don't show up at all there either, so unless I'm understanding Gtuner incorrectly, there's no way to set those controls up using the input translator.

I happened across this thread from back in 2018, which suggested HOTAS 4 would be fully supported, but it looks as though it may have been left unresolved: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10487

I also came across this thread where someone had been trying to do the opposite of what I'm trying to do (trying to get the HOTAS X working on PS4), and this suggested using the input translator, but as I said above, I can't seem to get the throttle and stick twist to show up there at all: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18020&p=111464&hilit=hotas#p111464

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get this all working please? Would love to play Flight Simulator when it's released next month (as well as Elite Dangerous and Star Wars Squadrons), but I'd rather not have to buy another flight stick if I can help it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
GreenCard79
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 on Xbox Series X?

Postby GreenCard79 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:15 pm

I did a bit more digging on these forums and came across this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17655

Thanks to DeviateSquirrel and the input translator, I've now managed to get the HOTAS 4 working really well with Elite Dangerous on Xbox. Had to shuffle a couple of controls around in the game options and make a couple of sacrifices (still have to switch the control mode to get the lateral thrust working - I can't seem to find anything else to map the rocker to that seems to work, so it's mapped the same as the yaw control), but otherwise I'm good to go. I just hope that Microsoft Flight Simulator allows for control remapping to the same degree that Elite Dangerous does.

Happy days! :)
Last edited by GreenCard79 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenCard79
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 on Xbox Series X?

Postby Mad » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:58 pm

GreenCard79 wrote:Thanks to DeviateSquirrel and the input translator, I've now managed to get the HOTAS 4 working really well with Elite Dangerous on Xbox.

:joia: :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to Titan Two Device