Titan two and XIM4 setup on PS5

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan two and XIM4 setup on PS5

Postby iOL » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:02 pm

Hi, I plan on getting a Titan Two and use my XIM4 on PS. I had a titan one on ps4 for a couple of years and I honestly think it adds missing basic features. At the moment, I play PS5 with a XIM4 via remote play on a PC (because XIM4 does not work when directly plugged in PS5) If I get a Titan Two, will it work with XIM4 if plugged directly on the console? Will i have to keep using remote play? Is the titan two compatible with remote play?

note : the Titan One with the new firmware and the output protocol set to PS5 does not work with XIM4 at all while plugged directly in console or via remote play on PC.
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Titan two and XIM4 setup on PS5

Postby Mad » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi,

Yes you can plug the T2 directly into the PS5.

A third party PS4 controller is required for authentication with the console. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16773
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby iOL » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:03 pm

Mad wrote:Hi,

A third party PS4 controller is required for authentication with the console. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16773

I need a third-party PS4 controller even with the XIM4 plugged in T2?

Thanks
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby iOL » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:26 am

iOL wrote:
Mad wrote:Hi,

Do I need a third-party PS4 controller even with the XIM4 plugged in T2?

Thanks
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby iOL » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:09 pm

I would like to get a T2 to use with the XIM4, can anyone tell me if I would no longer need to use remote play, and is there a need to get yet another remote for that setup? (I had to buy a gen2 DS4 for XIM4 to work on PS5 via remote play only)

please
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:23 am

For PS4 games on PS5, you can just use the DS4 controller with XIM 4 and connect XIM 4 direct to PS5.

For PS5 games, Titan Two supports the DualSense controller, but there will be a short controller reconnect every 8 minutes. In this case, the DualSense connects to INPUT-B, with the XIM 4 (m, kb & DS4 connected to it) in INPUT-A.

Using a supported specialty PS4 controller with Titan Two eliminates the annoying 8 minute reconnect. Nacon Compact Wired PS4 Controller is the best option.

Importantly, not all PS5 games work with either the DualSense timeout, or the specialty PS4 controller workaround.Doom Eternal, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Back 4 Blood all require a DualSense controller connected direct to the console and more games will follow. In this case, RemotePlay via PC or Mac should continue to work using a DS4 with XIM 4, but will require testing.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Titan Two Device