X52 key mapping for Elite Dangerous PS4/PS5

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

X52 key mapping for Elite Dangerous PS4/PS5

Postby CTNG_spacebug » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:57 pm

I’m having some trouble and can’t figure out how to fix it.

I’ve installed and set up the Titan 2 with my PS5, downloaded and updated the software, and got the keys for the X52 input.
All seems to work well enough when connected to play Elite Dangerous, however some buttons don’t work and I can’t figure out how to remap them.
In game, they don’t function correctly in the control settings, so I figured I have to map them in the software but have no idea how to do that.
Any tips would be appreciated.
As it stands, the right-hand hat only moves left and right in the station docking menu and doesn’t allow me to open the starbase info and mission panel (which needs the right-hand hat up/down to work).

I have tried to find a tutorial or something but all I can find are small blurbs of comments stating “remapping takes time” but nothing to help guide me.

TIA
CTNG_spacebug
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: X52 key mapping for Elite Dangerous PS4/PS5

Postby thomo127 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:05 am

Hey CTNG_Spacebug

Have you inserted and configured an SD card so that the Titan Two has the x52 HID file?

Phillow has posted instructions (for Xbox but the steps will be the same) here:

https://phillow-at.medium.com/x52-hotas ... f9a9c4b3e3

Cheers
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: X52 key mapping for Elite Dangerous PS4/PS5

Postby CTNG_spacebug » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:59 am

I have not added an SD card, but the Titan has the HID file installed. Since Elite Dangerous is the only game we will be using it for, I didn’t see a need to expand the memory with a card.
however that link was the one I used to set up and get the Titan working to begin with. And it says I can change the inputs in game, but in my controller menu, I’m unable to actually change any of the controls successfully.
CTNG_spacebug
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan Two Device