Xim and titan 2 and r6 siege on PS5

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Xim and titan 2 and r6 siege on PS5

Postby nameuser » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:28 pm

I know with the new r6 siege update xim has been broken....is the titan 2 broken 2 does it work on ps5 version of siege with the hori game pad or equivalent 3rd party controller?
nameuser
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Xim and titan 2 and r6 siege on PS5

Postby Mad » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:39 pm

With the new update they forced the use of the dualsense.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby CodeBreaker » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Hello, how are you?

Does that mean the Titan 2 won’t ever work for the PS5 version of Rainbow Six Siege anymore? Thanks.
CodeBreaker
Private
Private

Postby battlelog » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:44 pm

For the time being yes, it will not work. I think there is a work around with share play or something like that, but not sure. There is a list of games that will not work anymore using the t2. Also here is the link to the thread about this, last few pages of the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16773&start=750

Doom Eternal
Back 4 Blood
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Call Of Duty: Vanguard
Diablo II: Resurrected
Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut
Wreckfest

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby antithesis » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:20 am

Remote Play for the PS5 version of Siege still works at 120FPS, as does the PS4 version of the game at 60FPS.

We've been discussing Remote Play on the XIM forums. OBsIV measured additional input lag in Remote Play from wired PC to wired PS5 roundtrip at less than 1ms.

There is no additional lag that any human being will detect if Remote Play is setup correctly. Just be sure to use the PS5's screen and not the Remote Play video feed as that's where noticeable display lag over Remote Play will manifest.

A DualSense controller works with XIM APEX over Remote Play on PC, so no PS4 controller is required. I posted a guide in the Tutorials section of the XIM forums for more info.

I need to do some testing for Titan Two to see if anything is different and will post an update here based on those findings.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby KatoTheWolf » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:02 pm

antithesis wrote:Remote Play for the PS5 version of Siege still works at 120FPS, as does the PS4 version of the game at 60FPS.

We've been discussing Remote Play on the XIM forums. OBsIV measured additional input lag in Remote Play from wired PC to wired PS5 roundtrip at less than 1ms.

There is no additional lag that any human being will detect if Remote Play is setup correctly. Just be sure to use the PS5's screen and not the Remote Play video feed as that's where noticeable display lag over Remote Play will manifest.

A DualSense controller works with XIM APEX over Remote Play on PC, so no PS4 controller is required. I posted a guide in the Tutorials section of the XIM forums for more info.

I need to do some testing for Titan Two to see if anything is different and will post an update here based on those findings.

Is there a way to use the remote play workaround with an Xbox controller lol, not being able to play on the ps5 with an Xbox controller is hell lol
KatoTheWolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:16 pm

Search for Chiaki Remote Play on Google. It's a PC app that doesn't need a controller.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Polsy37 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:16 am

Hey guys, losing my marbles here.

Switching to remote play. Nothing I do can get the PS5 to recognize any inputs from my MnK. Followed the guide on xim.tech forums. No luck. Here is my setup:

PS5 setup for remote play
Software on PC and connected to my 5
Set output as both 4 & 5. Tried with both dual shock and dual sense. Both with both output settings. The controller won't control the screen. The MnK won't either.
Then I used my normal lap board and that would control the 5. Unplugged that, my gaming MnK still won't control it.
I've tried both 2.0 & 3.0 USB ports, no difference.
I've tried plugging the controller, mouse, keyboard into different ports of the titan 2, still no response.

WHAT SIMPLE STEP AM I MISSING?

I've also begun downloading the ps4 version of siege, at first try it seems to work directly on the 4. I'll update once I confirmed, but that may be another option for those of us who sold our 4.
Polsy37
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Polsy37 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:09 am

Disregard. It was in the wrong tab that I set output protocol to ps4. I did it in device monitor originally, this time is used the device tab. Worked like a charm.

Can also confirm that running ps4 version on ps5 works. But after getting used to 120 frames, it's crippling to play on.
Polsy37
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device