Future proof ps5 controller auth idea

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Future proof ps5 controller auth idea

Postby agentx64 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:33 am

I see that the ps5 has an encryption or signed packets between the ps5 controller and console which is why you would have troubles intercepting and altering the packets between the ps5 controller and ps5 console as you need to know the encryption keys or how to sign the packets.

If I were building an adapter, I'd emulate the ps5 controller firmware on the Titan 2 device, that is allow it to be uploaded into the titan 2 device and run it inside an emulated container (assuming my adapter was using the same chipset instructions as the ps5 dualsense) and intercept/hook the syscalls or direct memory access to where the button states are. Would need to intercept the code where the firmware reads the button states. That way, sony can update their firmware all day long and change their keys with many firmware updates but if it's at a hardware level, they would only be able to stop it via changing the ps5 controller hardware itself.

If you crack the keys in the controller firmware, they can just update the firmware each time and change the key.

Food for thought, but not an easy task. PS I reverse engineer and know assembly code.
agentx64
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device