8bitdo SN30+ Pro controller not recognized in Switch mode?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

8bitdo SN30+ Pro controller not recognized in Switch mode?

Postby _rejectoid » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:49 am

Hi folks, I just got a T2, not too savvy with the technical side of its capabilities yet, and although I've gone through the wiki, I'm having an issue I haven't been able to solve.

I'm using an 8bitdo SN30+ Pro controller on my Switch. It has the ability to run in 'Switch Mode' or PC Mode [Xinput], for use with PC games. I can connect to my Switch via bluetooth with no issues, but after loading a gamepack and plugging the controller into my T2 via USB, I've noticed that it does not seem to recognize the input unless I have it set to PC mode. The result of this is that my gyro controls don't work, which is a real bummer with the game in question.

I have followed the instructions to set up the switch for use with the T2 as far as I can tell [wired communication is set to on, a Gamepack has been successfully loaded into one of the memory slots of the T2, it is currently plugged into my Switch via the 'Output' port, not the Prog port. And it WILL recognize the input when I plug in my controller, but ONLY if I have the controller set to Xinput mode, which apparently does not support gyro. Is there a reason the T2 would have an issue with a Switch controller in USB mode? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: wired* communication is on, not wireless.
_rejectoid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan Two Device