Crons Zen sucks, here's why (im banned now)

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Crons Zen sucks, here's why (im banned now)

Postby fullerorb7 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:37 am

For awhile i used my titantwo, then moved and it stayed in storage. The ZEN is so commonly praised on youtube as the holy grail of gamepacks and scripting. That "advertising" urged me to have the latest and greatest and bought one, but after 1 day of use im returning this back to amazon.

Besides the OLED screen, the ZEN is nothing but downgrades.
-ZEN requires an authorization controller for both xbox and playstation(Titan only needs one for playstation)
-ZEN - If you want to use a mic, you need to plug it in the authorization controller... making you have 2 controllers next to you at all times if you use party chat.
-My 2-3 year older titantwo works with only 1 xbox controller and mic works perfect.
-ZEN software doesnt allow you to save a single slot. When you do press save, it takes 40-120 seconds to complete depending on how heavy the gamepacks your saving, almost like it wipes clean all slots before re-writing them back to the slots... TITANTWO saves everything is less than 1 second. This is a really huge deal when your getting recoil just perfect for multple guns/attachments making 10-20 saves.
-The programming screen on the ZEN studio looks like a 1980's DOS screen. Black background with green text(as if they think it would be cool to look like hackers on movies?) They removed all the buttons up top like "Test and debug the active work". These types of buttons are on all professional programming applications... they literally have no buttons, im not joking its just a black screen with green text, thats it(you right click to "play" your test codes to device).
-Zen studio lets you record button input and replay and loop, but you cannot convert the record to code, unlike titantwo. (This is HUGE for new people trying to teach themself to make scripts. it helped me learn.)
-Zen doesnt give you an option to only show slot number on the OLED screen. Showing the full text of the gamepack is nice for some situations, but id at least like the option to choose to only see the slot number.
-Zen doesnt let you nickname slots.

Im sure i could go on for longer, but those are the MAIN reasons i think ZEN sucks. Here's a blog i just found today that lists everything else. consolemax.weebly .com/titan-two-vs-crons-zen.html **Add a "U" to the crons link**

I made a much more shorter and sweeter version of this in the ZEN discord and got banned.
I dont understand why the Crons pro had more features and almost seemed faster than the ZEN... Why would they downgrade soo much? Target the stupid class of people? less features, less to think about? The ONLY pro is the OLED screen, but for all these downgrades... im just really thankful amazon has a return policy.

If titantwo dev reads this, my only complaint for this device would be the software running on a 65in TV. For 2 years now ive been struggling with not being able to resize some things, some labels would be overlapping or totally hidden behind a window that im blocked from changing the size of. Besides that TitanTwo gets a 99/100.
LOL maybe titan devs could copy ZEN and slap together a idiot-free version of Gtuner with 70% less features.
fullerorb7
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device