PSRC now runs on Windows. Don't need Raspberry Pi

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

PSRC now runs on Windows. Don't need Raspberry Pi

Postby Maxxgold » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:55 pm

See the whole thread below, but you can now run PSRC right from Windows. Titan 2 works perfectly as well.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19784
Last edited by Maxxgold on Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxxgold
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: PSRC now runs on Windows. Don't need Raspberry Pi

Postby Maxxgold » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:36 pm

To be clear, PS5 users can now use their Titan Two, and other devices with no perceived latency. I’ve been kicking ass and taking names like I used to, before Sony locked us out with the DualSense.

The videos show that the Titan Two and XIM both introduce 2 frames of latency over USB, and no latency using PSRC. Using PSRC is the proof though. The timings of a video can’t be totally trusted, but when using PSRC you can tell that it is legit.
Maxxgold

Postby gman1212 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:58 pm

I've read through both threads and I've got a question that doesn't seem to be mentioned about this. What's the difference between using this and just using remote play? How the program works really isn't explained.
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby UK_Wildcats » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:56 pm

gman1212 wrote:I've read through both threads and I've got a question that doesn't seem to be mentioned about this. What's the difference between using this and just using remote play? How the program works really isn't explained.

It is remote play, but the connection is optimized to provide the least amount of lag.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby alanmcgregor » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:27 pm

Having PSRC on Windows is awesome.

I still use/prefer Raspberry Pi 4B, even though I have my windows PC very close.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby gman1212 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:56 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:
gman1212 wrote:I've read through both threads and I've got a question that doesn't seem to be mentioned about this. What's the difference between using this and just using remote play? How the program works really isn't explained.

It is remote play, but the connection is optimized to provide the least amount of lag.

Thanks for the info! I've been playing horizon forbidden west and so far remote play isn't terrible but I will probably check this out.
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Maxxgold » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:32 am

Yeah, if you are playing single player games, you could probably get by with just Remote Play, but if you play competitive games online, that remote play connection is just to laggy. I would definitely check out PSRC because it gives you an excellent connection that doesn’t drop.
Maxxgold

Postby gman1212 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:03 pm

Maxxgold wrote:Yeah, if you are playing single player games, you could probably get by with just Remote Play, but if you play competitive games online, that remote play connection is just to laggy. I would definitely check out PSRC because it gives you an excellent connection that doesn’t drop.

I will give it a shot and see how it goes. The only real problem I have is I have to use keyboard and mouse capture since I'm kind of gimpy which means to use this I would need to get an android box or pi since you can't capture on the same computer you're trying to play on. Currently I've been getting around the remote play problem with this program:
https://github.com/starshinata/PS4-Keyb ... se-Adapter
it works really good but I can't use any of the scripts I have. Although I did come across another thing that could be a solution in the future.i was watching a video on the jailbreak they are working on for PlayStation five and noticed something very interesting towards the end. It has a jailbreak setting called "controller workaround" which if I'm guessing right and the name suggests so when they get a stable release you could just jailbreak your system and be able to use any controller you want or at least the PlayStation 4 controller which would mean the Titan would work again. It would cause problems if you play games online but for the single player crowd it's a fix that's in the works.
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby alanmcgregor » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:35 am

Yeah, you don't actually need a raspberry pie but if you have one or get one man is so way more convenient
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby Wonderfalls » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:53 am

Is there any news on when PSRC invites will resume? I can't use the DualSense due to carpal tunnel, and I've been waiting weeks to get access to PSRC as a way to address this. I only learned of it a couple of months ago, and it seems I might have missed out :icon_frown:
Wonderfalls
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device