Titan Two Tanking Switch (Splatoon 3) Framerate???

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan Two Tanking Switch (Splatoon 3) Framerate???

Postby wayneradiotv » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:37 am

I have my titan 2 hooked up to my switch for Splatoon 3 using the script that converts mouse input to gyro input. it's working great, save for one thing: after using it for a while, it's causing my switch's performance to tank hard. like going from 60 to sub 30. this is fixed instantly if i restart my switch or undock and re-dock it, but it comes back pretty quickly. is there anything i can do in gtuner to fix this? a friend of mine thought it might have something to do with polling rate but changing from 1ms to protocol default didn't seem to fix it. Attached is the script I'm using, if needed. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
_JUMP.gpc
(5.85 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
wayneradiotv
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Titan Two Tanking Switch (Splatoon 3) Framerate???

Postby DaMu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:59 pm

According to the wiki on Nintendo Switch, the max polling rate is 125Hz, so I would manually set the TitanTwo's output at that or lower:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=t2:usage_guides:systems:switch

I'm concerned about constantly resetting the accelerometer and gyro values in main. I think these statements are fighting with your gyro_aim function:

Code: Select all

main {
    set_val(SWITCH_ACCZ,0.0 );
    set_val(SWITCH_ACCY, 0.0);
    set_val(SWITCH_GYROZ, 0.0 );
    set_val(SWITCH_GYROY, 0.0 );
    set_val(SWITCH_GYROX, 0.0 );
    set_val(SWITCH_ACCX, 0.0);

gyro_aim();
}

I'd cut all those "set_vals" listed above calling the gyro_aim function, they're unnecessary if your input passing through to gyro_aim can reach 0.0 anyway. You can move them to your init, but if you need to temporarily set all motion to 0.0, move all of them into its own void function and call it with a key hold or something.

Other than that, could be a power struggle caused by the Titan Two's connection to the Switch. Try a simpler script that does one action with your input devices and slowly work up from there.
DaMu
Private
Private

Return to Titan Two Device