Besavior?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Besavior?

Postby Krisp » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:21 am

I am an old Titan Two user, but stopped using the device after Sony started to disallow speciality controllers.

Now i use a Beloader Pro connected to an ethernet cable and that works very great.

My only reason to use a device like Titan Two is to allow me to use another controller than DualSense on my PS5 as i hate the DualSense. I do not use any scripts or stuff like that.

So now to my question. I just saw Beloader announced a new device, their "Besavior". It is basically a modded PS5 controller that allows you to connect third party controllers over a USB port connected to the PS5 Controller. This way they can "emulate" the PS5 controller using the DualSense chip.

If they can do that, is it not possible for the Titan Two team to release an update to their Titan Two device, and just instead of connecting a PS4 speciality controller to the Titan Two, let us connect the DualSense to the Titan Two to use Sony's DualSense chip and do the same thing the Besavior device does?

If not, can someone explain why that is not possible? It seems like we are very close to an simple "USB dongle" that converts the signal being a possibility. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Krisp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Besavior?

Postby Scachi » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:28 am

Like you said that device is a modded ps5 controller, you can connect other controllers or devices to it and it will input that information into the pcb of the dual sense for all authentication/encryption stuff to work correctly.
That order of connection is important:
any device output -> input into dual sense pcb -> dual sense output == encryption/checksum correct == PS5 is happy
You can't modify the signal after it has left the dual sense as the data package has a checksum in it that nobody was being able to reverse engineer that yet.

So their device is able to read the output from other devices, converts them back from digital to analog if required (may be required for stick inputs as an example), puts the into the correct traces on the dual sense and the dual sense does the job of encryption.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Krisp » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:16 am

Thanks for the great explanation. That makes sense.

Too bad. I like the Titan Two device a lot. Hope they figure it out in the future.
Krisp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Mavman82 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:56 pm

Has anyone confirmed that this product won’t do the trick? This company along with a few other parties suggest that the device works again for the Ps5 (Mw2 specifically). Also, the T2 is mentioned in their website.

N
Mavman82
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Scachi » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:31 am

Nobody said the besavior won't be able to use the T2 for playing on ps5 again.
The question above was a different one.

It is made for the purpose of enabling the use of mouse/km and third party devices like the T1/T2/.. on the PS5.
Yes, with the besavior you should be able to plug in the T2 into their device and use the T2 for any games on your PS5 as the ps5 will think it is only a dual sense connected. At least they are stating the ability on their website.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mavman82 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:48 pm

Ah. Sorry for the 'hi-jack'. That makes sense.
Mavman82
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Titan Two Device