First impression of T2 after using with Wii U

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

First impression of T2 after using with Wii U

Postby PiterStatsy » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:57 pm

Hi All,

I've just got a Titan Two with Bluetooth extension. I wanted to use that in Splatoon and first two hours it was a nightmare to setup all. Here are my findings which are not obvious because usually were mentioned only once in a documentation or at all:

1. You can use T2 from MAC/PC while connected to Wii U, just be in PROG mode - this allows you to configure T2 as the game goes - you need just to reload script by uploading it and switching with buttons on front panel of T2, so it gets reloaded by T2

2. If you are on MAC or PC use "PROG USB" (rear panel of T2), if on console use "output USB" (it is on T2 rear panel) to supply T2 (even if you got Bluetooth module you have to supply it from output USB, not PROG USB). You can put USB-A plug into front panel of Wii U.

3. If you want to use keyboard and mouse, put keyboard into right front USB (where you suppose to put original gamepad) and mouse on the left front USB

4. Remember to format SD card and initialise it with "configure" button from GTunerIV app. Sometimes you get this device from second hand and forgot that it might be not configured properly.

5. You have pass the "pair procedure" with Wii U on each controller disconnect (after staring the console or game reload where often connected controllers are doped off). You don't have to press pair button on Wii U, you can do that via Pair+ on screen button on Gamepad (after pressing Home and Controller Settings). Anyway is there any chance to improve that experience? I mean, that we would need only press any button on mouse or keyboard to pair with Wii U console (just like it is when you press button on the Wii Remote or Wii U Pro Controller).

6. Pairing is not always successful. It depends on few factors. For example if you've installed Tiramisu or Aroma to get Homebrew on console, you have to remove the your_sd_card/wiiu/environments/aroma_or_tiramisu/modules/setup/30_bloopair.rpx". Otherwise the T2 won't sync. Also make sure that the T2 is close to the console and console itself don't have anything on top (external disk or T2 itself) because it interfere the radio signal. Also the external disk shouldn't have the Y cable.

7. Don't check any checkbox in T2 configuration if you don't understand them. In my case these were not needed and I was able to play Splatoon smoothly via keyboard and mouse.

8. You might need to increase sensitivity both on T2 and in the game itself to get satisfying speed when turning with mouse.

9. Don't try to map every key. You have many slots which can be dedicated per game title, so keep it simple until you really need something.

10. You can tests input by pressing green play button on GTunerIV and remember about saving the changes you are doing to the configuration.

11. Whenever there is mention about "UP button" on T2, this mean that you have to press "button on the right of the T2 front panel. Saying just "Up button" is just confusing because "UP symbol" is actually on the left side of the T2 front panel. So it is safer to tell people "RIGHT button" on the T2 front panel (the one which you use to switch between memory slots).

Anyway it is more convenient way to deal with mouse and keyboard than using "HID to VPAD" module - with which I've also been able to play with mouse and keyboard on Splatoon.

Keep calm and stay safe!
PiterStatsy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan Two Device