Custom rack for the T2

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Just want thank you Scachi again for this and for all the messages we exchanged via PM on this matter. :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby mjfame » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 am

Scachi wrote:Hi,

i want to share a newer design of my rack for the T2, drawn with tinkercad, printed with a prusa i3 3d home printer (material PLA). It requires two 90 degree angle usb adapter (like this one amazon.de).

T2h-1.JPG
T2h-2.JPG
T2h-3.JPG

It has three parts: front, base, ring
The front and base did fit perfectly on the first try and can be secured with a small screw from the bottom. The ring is used for holding the cables. The vertical support of the base holds the T2 in place and in angle of 90 degrees to not damage the front usb port by the weight of the three cables on the top going to the back.

The best improvement ... it is black this time - the old one was posted here ;-)

You can access/view the 3d model at tinkercad : https://www.tinkercad.com/things/cUk4qPdd31s feel free to use it if you want to print one yourself, but remember to print it in three parts as the colors suggests. The front has to be rotated face down for easy printing.
Here is a link to the model with parts separated and rotated for printing https://www.tinkercad.com/things/jrm0L7p1U7l

Screenshot from tinkercad:
t2-rack.png
t2-rack-complete.png

:joia: very cool
Kolibri King | https://tinyurl.com/BF1KK

I take pride in the fact that I achieved this the honorable way. With an unmodded official XB1 controller.. Without the help of any other foreign device. Grind, well, spent.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby michaelrs » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi,
I got the rack for the Titan Two from user Scachi - really great rack.
Finally I have the Titan Two in view.
I think the ideal addition to the Titan Two !!!

THANK YOU to Scachi - your rack is perfect !!!

michaelrs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Thank you for sharing the pics with us michaelrs. I also have this hack it is really nice, 100% agree with you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Entropy512 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:49 pm

How did I miss this? (admittedly I did not need it until I set up my new TV stand...)

I definitely need to order two rightangle adapters to set this up. Mine won't look quite so nice - I've got white HIPS loaded into my printer and I'm too lazy to put in the blue PLA.
--------
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1935

The TL;DR - Do not private message me unless your question HAS to be private, please ask questions in a public location. I will not answer PMs that contain non-private questions.
Entropy512
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby jelly44 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks for sharing the design, Scachi!

I've just ordered my parts :D

Unfortunately amazon DE won't ship the 90 degree angle usb adapter to where I live. So I hope the adapters I bought will fit the 3D printing and are good enough so that the T2 performance won't be affected!
- My recommendation for learning C programming: 'C Programming Absolute Beginner's Guide'
- Create your own scripts with GPC2 Scripting
jelly44
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Scachi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

jelly44 wrote:Thanks for sharing the design, Scachi!

Unfortunately amazon DE won't ship the 90 degree angle usb adapter to where I live. So I hope the adapters I bought will fit the 3D printing and are good enough so that the T2 performance won't be affected!

I have used 4 different brands now (printed some racks for friends with name-tags on the front), all did fit somehow..some where a bit loose and one was too big (usb-front height) that it did almost break the printed front part..but it works.

Best plan is to order the usb angle adapter first and measure them, so you can adjust the drawing if required.
Or pm me the dimension and I will adjust one for you if you have trouble doing the changes yourself.

I'll modify the post and add the max dimensions for the usb adapters :wink:
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby jelly44 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Scachi wrote:
jelly44 wrote:Thanks for sharing the design, Scachi!

I have used 4 different brands now (printed some racks for friends with name-tags on the front), all did fit somehow..some where a bit loose and one was too big (usb-front height) that it did almost break the printed front part..but it works.

Best plan is to order the usb angle adapter first and measure them, so you can adjust the drawing if required.
Or pm me the dimension and I will adjust one for you if you have trouble doing the changes yourself.

I'll modify the post and add the max dimensions for the usb adapters :wink:

Thank you - well, it is a bit too late now, all is ordered. If any troubles, I will let you know :D
- My recommendation for learning C programming: 'C Programming Absolute Beginner's Guide'
jelly44

Postby jelly44 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi Scachi - not only did I buy the wrong 90 USB parts but my rack wasn't properly printed. Either the red part was too big or the green part was too small. So the parts don't fit.

Would you be able to send me the measurements of the red part, for the parts where the green part would fit? So that thin tower and the squared looking base?

Thanks a lot
jelly44

Postby Scachi » Sat May 04, 2019 12:50 pm

jelly44 wrote:Hi Scachi - not only did I buy the wrong 90 USB parts but my rack wasn't properly printed. Either the red part was too big or the green part was too small. So the parts don't fit.

Would you be able to send me the measurements of the red part, for the parts where the green part would fit? So that thin tower and the squared looking base?

Thanks a lot

The lower part is 7mm, the upper vertical stabilization triangle like part is 2mm wide.
The parts are a tight fit, it depends a bit on the printer if the resulted parts will fit easily.
You should be able to cut the opening of the green part a bit easily with a sharp knife like a cutter-knife or scalpel like knife.

I will adjust the green part a bit so the next person printing it will have no problems.

What are the dimensions of your usb adapters ? Or what is wrong with them so I can add more information to the first post.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device