Titan 2 and Bluetooth

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Titan 2 and Bluetooth

Postby Bakiman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:41 am

Thanks for the advice, i’ll try later today. My problem is every light on the Titan is green, but the small white dot on the Xbox wireless adapter doesn’t lit up. My Xbox controller light keeps blinking and doesn’t connect.
I wait for like 5 minutes but the small white dot doesn’t lit up. Then I start messing with plugging and unplugging to get the white dot on the adapter to lit up. I’ll give it a try :-)
Thanks
Bakiman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Bakiman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Yeah, after a lot of testing I can’t find an easy way to make the Titan two “recognize” the Xbox wireless adapter. The light stays orange. Even after 15 minutes waitain’t. The only way to make it work is to plug out/in the adapter a couple of times. And after a couple of times the light goes green in 3 to 5 seconds. So if anyone has a better way for ps4. Let me know. When I turn the ps4 on after sleep (no complete power off) it starts immediately.
Bakiman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Based in your last post, it seems the initialization of the wireless adapter is not completing. From plugging it on the Titan Two to get the green led, it take about 2 seconds.

The initialization data is stored on the sd-card, I wonder if there is any issue with the card, or even with the card slot on the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Bakiman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:29 pm

I found a workaround : insert the Titan two without the wireless adapter. Wait till the display of the Titan two shows the letters u and a. Then insert the Xbox wireless adapter, two seconds later I have green light and connection. If I don’t do it like this, the light stays orange and I could wait for days to turn green. So I’m happy with the workaround, hopefully it gets easier with an update and there is no need for unplugging. My as card is 16gb, maybe this is a reason why it doesn’t work like others? Too big a card to read quickly?
Bakiman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Thank you. This is a relevant detail and definitively helps me a lot to focus on the cause.

Added to the GitHub:
https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/89

Bakiman wrote:My as card is 16gb, maybe this is a reason why it doesn’t work like others? Too big a card to read quickly?

16Gb is the same as I am using, so I don't think this is the cause.

But based on this new information your brought, I believe we can have it fixed with firmware update. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby [email protected] » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:50 am

A quick question:
It says that Titan Two supports 1x Bluetooth output (with the expansion kit I assume).
Can it be connected to the Nintendo Switch via that Bluetooth?

I remember reading something about the Switch pro controller actually having more latency when it's wired. Not sure if it's a console problem or a controller problem, but I'd like to get the expansion kit if it works.
[email protected]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Bakiman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:36 am

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you. This is a relevant detail and definitively helps me a lot to focus on the cause.

Added to the GitHub:
https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/89

Bakiman wrote:My as card is 16gb, maybe this is a reason why it doesn’t work like others? Too big a card to read quickly?

16Gb is the same as I am using, so I don't think this is the cause.

But based on this new information your brought, I believe we can have it fixed with firmware update. :smile0517:

update :

the bad news, the previous workaround only worked a couple of times.
good news, there is something that worked every time until now :

I follow the wireless setup for xbox one on ps4 (gtuner, format sd, prepare sd, insert wireless, wait till green, press connect button, connect controller). After this I put the titan two on my ps4 and it always works immediately (tested +10 times). I cannot seem to get it to work the next day. what makes it work the first time after initialization? something preloads when connected to Gtuner? that doesnt load when on ps4 output? and stays in the memory for some time? just my thoughts, would love to help getting this to work. I will try to reformat my sd to smaller size.
Bakiman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:42 am

Thank you for bringing new finding.

The PS4 emulator also access the sd-card to check if a RSA Key pair is present. this may be conflicting with the sd-card access from the Xbox wireless Adapter driver.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Bakiman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:11 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you for bringing new finding.

The PS4 emulator also access the sd-card to check if a RSA Key pair is present. this may be conflicting with the sd-card access from the Xbox wireless Adapter driver.

Strange, I found another way to make the titan recognize the wireless adapter: first plug the Titan in via the prog port, then quickly unplug and switch to the output. Light goes green in 1 second. If you do it slow, no success.
i don’t know why, but there is something about triggering the prog port that makes it work.
Bakiman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 am

Thank you again.
I just got back from vacation and this issue will be top priority for the next firmware release.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device