Xbox Elite controller wont authenticate

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Xbox Elite controller wont authenticate

Postby MrWuf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Back to spartanogc's original issue, I am also running into challenges with the Elite controller authenticating on a PS4 using the Titan Two. I have gotten it to connect two or three times but the connection eventually drops after a few minutes. Rumble continues to work but the buttons, paddles, etc stop responding.

Current config:
Titan 2 output > PS4 usb
Titan 2 INPUT-B > PS4 controller
Titan 2 INPUT-A > Elite controller

If I power on the PS4 with everything connected, I get the flashing A U in the middle status window and the Elite controller works. When the connection drops, the PS4 controller has powered off (I'm not sure if that is expected or not). The middle status window still has the scrolling A U. At that point, the only response I get is by powering back on the PS4 controller. The PS4 controller works but the Elite does not. I can only get the Elite controller to regain connectivity if I power cycle the PS4 with everything physically connected.

When it has dropped I still have a red solid light for INPUT - B. INPUT - A has a solid green light. If I reconnect the Elite I get the solid green light but there is no rumble and no response using the buttons, etc. I have tried re-seating everything (Titan Two, PS4 controller, etc) but have no luck unless I reboot the PS4. The middle status indicator window scrolls (no solid letter or #) as in there is no authentication.

I did verify I am using the latest firmware and software versions.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
MrWuf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:47 pm

I use elite controller all the time with no issues what so ever so I would make sure your settings in console is using USB cable instead of connection wireless. If that is not the case change cables because I have no problems!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby MrWuf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:34 pm

Thank you bonefisher! I think that is what was wrong (my controller was set to bluetooth instead of USB).

PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method > Use USB Cable
MrWuf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 pm

:smile0517:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby MrWuf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:24 am

Well I may have spoke too soon. After changing the controller connection type as bonefisher mentioned, my connection lasts longer, but it eventually drops after a few minutes.

This is on a PS4 with the original PS4 controller in INPUT B and the Elite controller in INPUT A.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
MrWuf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:22 am

MrWuf wrote:Well I may have spoke too soon. After changing the controller connection type as bonefisher mentioned, my connection lasts longer, but it eventually drops after a few minutes.

This is on a PS4 with the original PS4 controller in INPUT B and the Elite controller in INPUT A.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Do you have a power supply connect to the T2 ? If not, try to disable the rumbles in the titan two configuration for all ports, just for testing. And you might try another usb cable for port B, if you didn't already.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:30 am

Scachi wrote:Do you have a power supply connect to the T2 ? If not, try to disable the rumbles in the titan two configuration for all ports, just for testing. And you might try another usb cable for port B, if you didn't already.

In addition to that, if not using power supply, use the provided 40cm micro-usb cable to connect the Titan Two to the console. Long cables in the port that supplies power to the Titan Two can be problematic, as the long the cable is more resistance and voltage drop it will have.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby boonduckie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:22 pm

J2Kbr wrote:https://www.psxhax.com/threads/dualshock-4-ds4-ps4-firmware-dump-reversing-tools-by-ds4user.1159/

Unfortunately, this link is dead :(. Do you know of anywhere else we can grab this to get key pair?
boonduckie
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby boonduckie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 am

Edit: Answer to my question is below.

Thanks! :)
Last edited by boonduckie on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boonduckie
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:38 am

Google "Tools for working with DualShock 4"
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device