More buttons ? -> Custom DS4 snap-on device

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: More buttons ? -> Custom DS4 snap-on device

Postby Scachi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:54 am

A teensy plus bluetooth plus lipo-usb loading module would need a lot space.
The blend micro I have also has bluetooth on it but would require the lipo loading module.
In the end I have edited my design a tiny bit for being able to place a "Adafruit Feather 32U4 BLE" in it.
This board has everything on it for bluetooth and for loading the lipo battery.
All the 3d printed parts are ready, I just hadn't enough time to soldering/assemble all the stuff and start programming. :ashamed:
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Scachi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Some progress...

This is a photo of the bluetooth version of my snap on device.
I had to resize the base part a bit (and its attached parts) to fit in the "adafruit feather 32u4 ble" Arduino board.
Everything is soldered/assembled and should work, hopefully.
A battery can be attached to the back of it. I already designed a casing but for programming I'll stick to power via usb for now until I figured out how to tell the board to power on/off when a battery is connected and have everything else from my teensy-usb firmware version adjusted for this board to work via bluetooth :wink:

adafruit_feather_32u4_ble_001.jpg
adafruit_feather_32u4_ble_001.jpg (159.66 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby bonefisher » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:02 am

Awesome! :smile0203:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:26 am

:smile1001: thank you for keeping us updated on the progress of this project :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:02 am

Got the code converted (and reduced in size, hitting 98%) to work on the adafruit feather 32u4 ble, finally.
I had to switch some libraries to get it working and I wasn't aware of the reduced memory of the feather 32 (32kbytes) compared to the teensy 3.2 (64kbytes) so it was more work than I have expected.
Using the teensy with a bluetooth module instead would have been a lot easier...

USB mode works fine already.

Bluetooth is working somehow, maybe. I can enable it on the feather and connect my phone (old android) with it, but can't receive any keyboard input. This may because of it is acting as a "ble keyboard" and not a "bluetooth keyboard".

I can't get it to connect to the Titan Two via bluetooth.
@J2kbr:
1. Is there anything special I have to do for the pairing, some special mode or should it find the device like my phone does ?
2. Will "ble hid keyboard" be supported by the Titan Two ? - There seems to be a difference to bluetooth keyboards, but I couldn't find more information about that.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:07 am

The generic HID support for Bluetooth devices is not yet implemented (currently only via USB). This implementation is one of the priorities I have at the moment and it shouldn't take longer to have available for use. ;)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Prototype » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:39 pm

I bought Scachi's USB snap-on device, the black/green one and it's really awesome to use! I'm impressed by the stability of the device, i can use and configure the buttons without any move of the device. And the back buttons are perfectly positioned and easy to use with a finger. Nice work :smile0517:
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Scachi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:42 pm

J2Kbr wrote:The generic HID support for Bluetooth devices is not yet implemented (currently only via USB). This implementation is one of the priorities I have at the moment and it shouldn't take longer to have available for use. ;)

Any updates on this ? Almost a year later and still no BLE HID. I would love to use my ble version wireless finally.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Scachi wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:The generic HID support for Bluetooth devices is not yet implemented (currently only via USB). This implementation is one of the priorities I have at the moment and it shouldn't take longer to have available for use. ;)

Any updates on this ? Almost a year later and still no BLE HID. I would love to use my ble version wireless finally.

Yes, I know -- sorry. Currently I am working on the support for Wii U and Wii consoles. Finishing this will get back to the Bluetooth HID.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Scachi wrote:

Yes, I know -- sorry. Currently I am working on the support for Wii U and Wii consoles. Finishing this will get back to the Bluetooth HID.

I lost my converted code for adafruit feather 32u4 ble because of a hard disk crash. So I need to do the convertion again. Before spending time doing that... Is BLE HID working already ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device