Titan Connection Kit fullfiled by Amazon

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Titan Connection Kit fullfiled by Amazon

Postby tomtay79 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:13 pm

I couldn't find these anywhere on Amazon, just as well there's a link here for them. Ordering first thing tomorrow , may as well get the recommended cables. Alternating sizes is a good idea, less hanging wires and dust just loves those wires.
tomtay79
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:03 pm

tomtay79 wrote:I couldn't find these anywhere on Amazon, just as well there's a link here for them.

Here is the link for the cables kit on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XSDN1L

ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UK_Wildcats » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:13 pm

Please see my previous post on this topic regarding the data link adapter.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:Please see my previous post on this topic regarding the data link adapter.

Sorry, I missed this one.

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:I received the Titan Connection Kit today and based upon the above quotes, I can only assume that the USB to USB cable from the kit is the "data link adapter". I have the data link cable connected between the laptop and PROG port on the Titan 2. With the laptop powered on and PS4 powered OFF but connected, why is the T2 still powered on? Based upon your quoted information above, I would not expect the T2 to be powered on through the data transmission lines only.Even when I disconnect the OUTPUT port, the T2 is still powered on and it still operates (i.e. switch memory slots)

Okay, this is how this works. The Titan Two can be powered from 3 different sources: (1) external power supply, (2) OUTPUT USB port and (3) PROG USB port.

If the (1) is plugged, the 5V line of (2) and (3) are completely "disconnected" from the Titan Two.

If (1) is not connected and only one of (2) or (3) is connected, the connected USB will be used to power the device.

If (1) is not connected and both (2) and (3) are connected, the Titan Two needs to decide which port to use to power the device. For this purpose there is a dedicate IC that measures the voltages of (2) and (3) and selects the one with higher voltage. This works perfectly if the cables connected to (2) and (3) have similar quality and length. However, consider the case where the PROG cable is much longer than the cable on OUTPUT. At the initial moment the measured voltage is -lets say- 5.12V on PROG and 5.07V on OUTPUT, so PROG is selected. But as soon as current is draw there will be voltage drop due the resistance of the cable (longer the cable, higher is the resistance), this will make the IC select OUTPUT port for power. Then the PROG voltage arises again, causing a endless loop switching the power source between PROG and OUTPUT. In this scenario is where the Data Link Adapter is needed, it serves to avoid this loop situation. But if it is the only power source available, it will still power the device.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UK_Wildcats » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Great explanation. Thank you
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby ontenone » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Will this cable connection kit fit the Nintendo Switch pro controller allowing it to switch to mouse and keyboard use?
ontenone
Private
Private

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 am

The cable for the Switch Pro controller is USB-C and it is provided with the controller.
The Titan Two cables allow connect the device to the Nintendo Switch console.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby SmilesAreDaggers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 am

So I got all my T2 and connection kit from Amazon in today and everything was great except the 30CM cable was missing and it had 2 OTG adapters instead, not a biggie to me as I have tons of extra micro USB cables and such but just wanted you to know that happened.
SmilesAreDaggers
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 am

Sorry for this SmilesAreDaggers, possible the manufacturer packet wrong, I will let them know. If you want, you can return it for Amazon and get a replacement.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:59 pm

amazon site says no shipping to Canada :(
will this be possible in future?
pop
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext