Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Postby nycz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:39 pm

Bought a wireless adapter a while ago just for this. Finally got it to work with now that my new SD card arrived, but just realized audio doesn't work through the headphone jack?

I hope this is fixed soon, I only ever play with headphones. Back to the long usb cord for me. :ashamed:
nycz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby JakeBaddLands » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:59 am

Hey guys sorry if this has been stated already but I am about to rip my hair out. I bought the T2 and the Microsoft wireless adapter (newer smaller model). I followed a video I saw in YouTube to the finest detail.

I plugged the adapter into my pc and updated the firmware.
I formatted and configured my SD Card
I inserted my wireless adapter and paired it successfully to my Xbox one Elite controller.
I removed the T2 from my pc and plugged it into my Ps4 pro.
Powered on the Ps4 with my wireless adapter in the A input and my Ds4 controller wired into the B input
I once again successfully pair my Xbox elite controller to the wireless adapter
(now this is where it all falls apart)
At the profile select screen my Xbox one elite controller is unresponsive to anything on the screen.
Oddly enough holding down the LB and tapping the guide button I can scroll through game packs saved on the T2
But that is all I can do.
The Ds4 controller however is completely responsive and reacts as if it is the primary controller.
I've tried reformatting and reconfiguring I've tried using a power supply. I've tried using both controllers wired
But the outcome remains the same.
It is 2am and I have to work in 3 hours so I am calling it a night but any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
ALSO a side note. When removing the T2 the bottom of the unit where Input A is, is extremely hot. I removed the SD card and it too was extremely hot. I'm not sure if I may have received a faulty unit? Thanks for any help guys. I really want to enjoy this product and can't wait to rectify my situation.
JakeBaddLands
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Squidward » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:17 am

JakeBaddLands wrote:Hey guys sorry if this has been stated already but I am about to rip my hair out. I bought the T2 and the Microsoft wireless adapter (newer smaller model). I followed a video I saw in YouTube to the finest detail.

I plugged the adapter into my pc and updated the firmware.
I formatted and configured my SD Card
I inserted my wireless adapter and paired it successfully to my Xbox one Elite controller.
I removed the T2 from my pc and plugged it into my Ps4 pro.
Powered on the Ps4 with my wireless adapter in the A input and my Ds4 controller wired into the B input
I once again successfully pair my Xbox elite controller to the wireless adapter
(now this is where it all falls apart)
At the profile select screen my Xbox one elite controller is unresponsive to anything on the screen.
Oddly enough holding down the LB and tapping the guide button I can scroll through game packs saved on the T2
But that is all I can do.
The Ds4 controller however is completely responsive and reacts as if it is the primary controller.
I've tried reformatting and reconfiguring I've tried using a power supply. I've tried using both controllers wired
But the outcome remains the same.
It is 2am and I have to work in 3 hours so I am calling it a night but any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
ALSO a side note. When removing the T2 the bottom of the unit where Input A is, is extremely hot. I removed the SD card and it too was extremely hot. I'm not sure if I may have received a faulty unit? Thanks for any help guys. I really want to enjoy this product and can't wait to rectify my situation.

I'm having basically the same issue, but it was all working just fine yesterday, and I'm using the first gen adapter on Xbox, and I'm using "paring method A" from here instead -- https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ss_adapter

I'm going insane too because about once every month or two my controller will disconnect from the adapter and then I'll spend literally 2 or 3 hours fighting with it for it to still not work.

My main issue is this: following pairing method A or B both yield the same results... Following method A, I connect my controller to input A on the T2 with a cable. It connects to the Xbox just fine and I can use it perfectly while it's plugged in. According to the instructions, I'm supposed to just unplug my controller from the T2, plug in the adapter, and then my controller is supposed to be paired to the adapter. And I think it kind of is paired. Because the light on the Elite Controller stays on solid. But the issue is that the controller cannot control the console at all. In fact, if I'm in a game at this step, what happens is the game continues to tell me that my controller is still disconnected. It makes no sense.

Following pairing method B does the exact same thing. One thing I've noticed is this: whenever my controller is actually paired and working properly with the adapter, the LED on the Elite controller is fairly dim. That's how I always know that it's paired properly. But whenever I have these pairing issues with the adapter, it will "pair" but the LED stays very bright and the controller still doesn't communicate with the Xbox, i.e. it's completely unusable.

J2Kbr, what can be done about this? I'm going out of my mind whenever this happens once a month.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:11 am

First try pair the controller with the Titan Two not connected to the console (only PROG connection). Test if the pairing procedure worked using gtuner's device monitor. You should see the controller inputs being activated.

Then turn off the controller and plug the Titan Two to the console, wait the wireless adapter turn the status led green and press the XBox button on the controller.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 pm

J2Kbr wrote:First try pair the controller with the Titan Two not connected to the console (only PROG connection). Test if the pairing procedure worked using gtuner's device monitor. You should see the controller inputs being activated.

Then turn off the controller and plug the Titan Two to the console, wait the wireless adapter turn the status led green and press the XBox button on the controller.

Ok so I did exactly that. I hooked up the T2 to my computer via the Prog port with Gtuner open. Then I connected the adapter to my T2 and the LED turned green. Then I turned on my controller and went through the pairing process by pressing the pair button on my controller and adapter. They then both flashed slowly and then the led on the adapter turned off and my controller's led stayed solid and brighter than usual. Then when pressing any button on my controller, the device monitor didn't register any button presses and at the same time my controller seemingly disconnected from the adapter again and started flashing slowly. Those both happened at the exact same time when I pressed any button on the controller. And this is basically the exact same behavior that happens when I try to pair them together while connected to the Xbox.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JakeBaddLands » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:16 am

OK so some progress has been made.
I plugged the T2 back into my computer and opened gtuner
I plugged in my microsoft wireless adapter and paired it to my xbox one elite controller
I navigated to the device manager tab and tested all the buttons on my controller and they all responded normally via the gtuner software.
I unplugged the T2 from my computer and plugged it into my ps4 pro.
I powered on my ps4 pro with just the T2 and the xbox wireless adapter in input A
once the light went green I Powered on my xbox one controller and it connected.
I had full control of my ps4 via my xbox controller.
I noticed the "A" and "U" flash so i grabbed my DS4 controller and plugged it in to input B
As soon as I did the DS4 controller took priority over Input A and rendered my Xbox controller while still connected useless
I powered the system down and thought maybe if i unpaired the DS4 controller from my system it wouldnt take priority but unfortunately that didnt work.

SO it appears the problem is somehow I have to get the T2 to receive the Authentication code from my DS4 but have my Xbox controller remain as the primary input device... Any thoughts?? :smile0303:
JakeBaddLands
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Squidward » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:11 am

Ok, so I got it working finally:

1. Unplugged the T2 from the Xbox and unplugged the adapter from the T2.
    2. Plugged the T2 into the Xbox using the PROG port.
    3. Orange PROG led came on on the T2.
    4. Plugged my Elite controller into input port A on the T2.
    5. Input led turned green.
    6. Powered off the controller.
    7. Plugged the adapter into input port A on T2.
    8. Input led turned green.
    9. Turned on controller and it was paired successfully with dim controller led.
    10. Turned off controller.
    11. Unplugged T2 from Xbox.
    12. Plugged T2 into the Xbox using the OUTPUT port.
    13. Input led turned green.
    14. Turned on controller.
    15. Controller successfully paired with adapter!!!
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Thank you guys for all inputs on this topic.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:26 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you guys for all inputs on this topic.

Are the steps I outlined above the steps I was supposed to follow?
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JakeBaddLands » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:36 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you guys for all inputs on this topic.

Any thoughts on how I can plug the DS4 controller in as a dummy controller for just the Auth? Everytime I plug it in it turns on and assumes command. My Xbox controller then turns into the Dummy and is unresponsive even though it looks like it's paired and all I can do is hold down LB and tap the Xbox button to rotate through game packs on the T2 but nothing on the ps4 itself... I've tried with a wired connection and still has the same results.. As well as trying both input ports..
JakeBaddLands
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device