Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Beak wrote:Or can I just leave the T2 and wireless adapter plugged onto my Xbox at all times and just keep my controller wirelessly connected to the adapter?

Just like that. :joia: :joia:

The authentication with the console can be performed wirelessly. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:12 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Beak wrote:Or can I just leave the T2 and wireless adapter plugged onto my Xbox at all times and just keep my controller wirelessly connected to the adapter?

Just like that. :joia: :joia:

The authentication with the console can be performed wirelessly. :smile0517:

That is amazing! I'm so excited! Thank you!
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby fade23 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:19 am

Does this support mutliple Xbox One controllers synced to the wireless adapter in addition to the hardwired input controllers? I realize that we still only get one output presented to the console, but if my current configuration is Xbox One wired on input B, a Hori keypad on input B, a Stinky footpad on input A, can I now have keypad + footpad + multiple Xbox One wireless controllers all merged to a single output?
fade23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:21 am

@fade23, At this stage only a single Xbox One controller can be used wirelessly with the Xbox Wireless Adapter. The next step is include the support for controller headsets, similarly as we already have for wired connections.

Currently I don't have plans for supporting multiple controllers using the Wireless Adapter, specially because I can't see why this is necessary. If you give me more details on why this would be useful for you, I may change this position. Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby paname » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:16 pm

nice, Any idea of a similar thing can be done for the DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adaptor?
paname
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Played with this last night, about 3 hours. Played great! Kids didn't have to worry about tripping over the cords, I didn't have to in turn worry about the health of the T2! Plugged in, light went orange for a few seconds, then green. Authorized with my Xbox with no issue, controller connected just fine. Did not see any noticeable delay or anything else while using this method. Only thing that happened is that I actually had to remember to change out the batteries in my Elite controller. LOL This is a great step forward for controllers without Bluetooth capability.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby Prototype » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:36 pm

paname wrote:nice, Any idea of a similar thing can be done for the DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adaptor?

I believe this Adaptor is usefull only for the PS4 pc remote play, and Steam, because the DS4 isn't Xinput.
But maybe it should be possible to use it as bluetooth dongle when support for it will come?
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:42 pm

The_Rabid_Taco wrote:Plugged in, light went orange for a few seconds, then green. Authorized with my Xbox with no issue, controller connected just fine

:joia: :joia: awesome ... very happy with your confirmation that everything is working as expected.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:47 pm

paname wrote:nice, Any idea of a similar thing can be done for the DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adaptor?

The wireless support for the PS4 controller (and all Bluetooth based controllers) will be mainly provided by the Titan Two Bluetooth Module. The support for external Bluetooth dongles (like the DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adapter) still in consideration, in some preliminary tests it was verified some conflict handling two different Bluetooth input devices simultaneously, not sure yet if it is fixable or not.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Wonderfalls » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Does this allow the use of a wireless Xbox One controller on a PS4?
Or does this update just allow Titan 2 users to go wireless on the Xbox One?
Wonderfalls
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device