Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:24 pm

This new adapter, if not the same, should be similar to the previous one. Therefore, much of the work already did for supporting the previous one can be reused.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 pm

J2Kbr wrote:This new adapter, if not the same, should be similar to the previous one. Therefore, much of the work already did for supporting the previous one can be reused.

Oh, ok awesome. I am so excited to get the new adapter and try it out!
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Wonderfalls » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:24 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Wonderfalls wrote:Does this allow the use of a wireless Xbox One controller on a PS4?
Or does this update just allow Titan 2 users to go wireless on the Xbox One?

You can use the Xbox One controllers wirelessly on any supported console, including the PS4. :smile0517:

:smile0202: Amazing!
Wonderfalls
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby boonduckie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Great news, Jefferson!
boonduckie
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:58 am

Okey-dokes, my head's a little fuzzy from the euphoria, so I'm not sure what's real at the moment...

Xim4 in INPUT-A. DS4 in Xim4. Everything works perfectly. That would normally enough for a change of underpants. But Xim4 in INPUT-A and a wireless XB1 adapter in INPUT-B paired with an Elite and everything still works perfectly! :shocked:

Super-freaking happy! Ideal setup nailed :a1chill_angry1: You've made some incredible progress lately J2K :smile0203:

[Update] I spoke too soon :oops: T2 disconnect after 5 or so minutes. All lights are green and the LED reads 0, it's just the controls that freeze up. The PS4 key is on the SD card, I'll remove it and see if that makes a difference.

[Update 2] Power cycling the T2 and removing the ps4auth.key from the SD card sets the XIm4 back on track. The PS4 key was only ever a temporarily solution, so I'm glad it's not required.

Plugging into the Wireless XB1 adapter after the Xim4 is working can crap out the Xim controls, but the XB1 controller works fine. With a little testing, the correct boot procedure seems to be either to boot up cold with everything plugged in, or have the XB1 controller paired and active when the Xim is connected.

An hour later and everything is still AOK :smile0517:
Last edited by antithesis on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby warx23 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 am

So not sure if I should put this here, but it seems that when using the wireless adapter, gamepacks or scripts don't work correctly for some reason. How I tested this was I tried with the wireless adapter, and then tried with it connected by usb wire straight to xbox elite controller. It works when wired.

I'm pretty bad with this code scripting stuff so bear with me please :). Also wondering how to add a gamepack with another script or gamepack?

Thanks!
warx23
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:35 am

The mods still work wirelessly via the adapter using an Elite. I just tried the Shooterz Modz Pack and had no problems.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:46 am

that is great antithesis!! :smile0202:

antithesis wrote:[Update 2] Power cycling the T2 and removing the ps4auth.key from the SD card sets the XIm4 back on track. The PS4 key was only ever a temporarily solution, so I'm glad it's not required.

With a DS4 connected, even thru XIM4, the key is ignored, as there is an controller capable to reply the auth request and the Titan Two prioritizes it.

antithesis wrote:Plugging into the Wireless XB1 adapter after the Xim4 is working can crap out the Xim controls, but the XB1 controller works fine. With a little testing, the correct boot procedure seems to be either to boot up cold with everything plugged in, or have the XB1 controller paired and active when the Xim is connected.

I will try this to check if can be fixed. :smile0517: (plug the adapter after xim4)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby warx23 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 pm

antithesis wrote:The mods still work wirelessly via the adapter using an Elite. I just tried the Shooterz Modz Pack and had no problems.

Let me try to further explain the problem I'm having. So I'm using the Elite remamper V1.00 (https://github.com/J2Kbr/GtunerIV/issues/164). When I load it up and use the wireless adapter, I make sure its on slot 3 (where I loaded it into), the the paddles don't do what I set them up to do. the upper right paddle brings out my ghost which according to the script, it should be the view button. Now when I go wired, everything works perfectly, all the paddles do what I assigned them to do (top left paddle jump, lower left switch weapons etc.) and the view button takes out my ghost while the top right paddle just crouches like I set it up to do thanks to the script.

So no idea what I'm doing wrong with the wireless adapter to not work with the script while the wired way does.

Thanks for the help all.
warx23
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby robz1k » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:35 am

I do not have my T2 yet but this is a pleasing read whilst I wait. Are you all having success using this with the T2 just being fed power over USB or you using a PSU?

Seeing if I need to get a PSU on order.

Thanks
Rob
robz1k
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device