Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Postby bw1222 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:26 am

I tried a brand new SD card and still couldn't get the wireless adapter to work.
bw1222
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:15 am

bw1222 wrote:I tried a brand new SD card and still couldn't get the wireless adapter to work.

After connecting the Wireless Adapter on the Titan Two, the LED of the corresponding USB port turns green? or it remains orange.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bw1222 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:46 pm

The light turns green immediately after plugging in the dongle. It’s hit or miss if the white light on the dongle will turn on. I know the dongle works because I’ve plugged it into the pc directly and got the controller connected without issue.
bw1222
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 am

Recently an user reported similar issue, which was solved changing the sd card with the one that is provided with the Expansion Kit. Please let me know if your sd card is from the expansion kit or not, and if you have any other sd card which can be used to test. thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bw1222 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:06 am

I've tried two different SD cards...one from a few years ago and one I just bought. I did not buy the expansion kit.
bw1222
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:38 am

thanks for confirming.

Please try this: with the Titan Two connected only to computer by the PROG port, plug only the Wireless Adapter (no other controllers). Wait the LED on the Titan Two turn green. Now press the sync button on the Adapter until the white LED start blinking. After that press the sync button on the controller. Few seconds later both the adapter and the controller should have a solid white LED color. Please let me know if this worked for you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm

i also had some problems because i bought a new controller #2, and the wireless adapter was linked to controller #1.
trying to link the wireless adapter to controller #2 while controller #1 is ON looks like a pain in the ass. it wont even sync if you used a usb cable, this only happend to me because it was sync to another controller who was also ON.
also sometimes the wireless adapter wont turn green if you connect the T2 to the xbox 1 after the xbox 1 have been turn on.

now i don't have problems at all, it is been like 4 months without any issues because i changed the order of what i did.
my T2 is never connected to my XB1 when im not playing. when i want to play i connect the T2 (with the wireless adapter) to the XB1 while it is OFF. the green light turns-on on wireless adapter 100% of the time after 2 seconds, then I turn my xbox 1 ON, after xbox 1 OS has loaded , i turn on my controller by holding the button on controller, after a few seconds of waiting, i can use it.

but your controller is not link yet so make sure all other controllers are turn off (remove batteries) when T2 (and wireless adapter) is connected to the xbox 1, turn on xbox 1, wait until it fully loads, then press the sync button on wireless adapter, then turn on the controller, and press the sync button, and they will be sync.

btw i have a sandisk ultra plus 16 bg card i bought it at walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-Ultr ... 3=&veh=sem
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Bakiman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

bw1222 wrote:The light turns green immediately after plugging in the dongle. It’s hit or miss if the white light on the dongle will turn on. I know the dongle works because I’ve plugged it into the pc directly and got the controller connected without issue.

I also thought this was my issue at first.
But look very carefully : the light of input A is not completely green but slightly orange....
You have to compare the color of the led with the led from output.
Try to look at the led at different angles. You will see an orange tint somewhere, very subtle.

If this is the case the authentication of the Xbox adapter is the problem, not the controller sync.

Then try my workaround : plug the Titan in your console with cable connected via prog port. After like 5 to 10 seconds quickly pull out the cable from prog and plug in output.

Watch the status led. Try to see if it jumps from slightly orange to a complete green. If it doesn’t do this within the first 5 seconds, try again. Waiting longer is useless. Do it quickly! You will see, it works! Let me know how it went. Best regards, Tom

In the end the issue was fixed by using a different as card.
Bakiman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby f00lio » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Beak wrote:Has anyone else had random disconnects when using the Adapter? Two or three times now, the wireless adapter and the controller kind of disconnect from each other. The only way I can fix it is by unplugging the adapter from the T2, plugging it back in, then pair the controller back to the adapter. (using Elite Controller on Xbox One)

I'm not sure if you ever found a fix for this, but I was having random disconnects in the past that were resolved with unplugging/replugging the wireless adapter as well. Unfortunately, it has gotten much worse and now my Elite controller will not stay connected to the T2 via wireless adapter for more than 1 minute (usually much less).

I have done the following and it has made no difference:

- Plug wireless adapter directly into USB-A while also using only the very short cord that came with the T2 to connect it to the PS4.
- Fresh batteries
- using a DS4 on USB-B so that it wasn't reliant on the rsa key for auth (I am not having auth issues anyway, but figured it was worth a shot)

I should note that the Elite will stay connected to the wireless adapter indefinitely when I hook it up to my computer. It only disconnects while connected to the T2. I am on the latest firmware.

The only other thing I could try at this point is a new adapter/controller, but given that they don't have any issues while connected to PC I don't think either is the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
f00lio
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Sillyasskid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pm

f00lio wrote:Any help would be appreciated.

have you tried using an external power supply on the titan 2?, if not i suggest getting an external power supply, as I've heard the wireless dongle seems to use quite a bit a power. This, could likely be the cause of the disconnects.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device