Secondary Xbox Controller for Chat Issue

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Secondary Xbox Controller for Chat Issue

Postby hiroshimus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:22 am

Hey guys,

So if I have connected a xim 4 into port a (The xim has an xbox one controller connected to it), a secondary xbox controller into port b I get these 2 issues:

1. First I have to disconnect the xbox one controller that is connected to port B before turning on the Xbox One, because if I don't do this, I won't be able to use my mouse and keyboard (which are connnected to my xim 4). For example, right now, my xbox one is turned off, but I have connected my xim 4 into port a and a secondary xbox one controller into port b. The X on both controller is turned on, so it seems that if I turn on the Xbox One while both xbox one controllers (the one connected into xim 4 and the one connected into port b of the titan 2) are already on, it causes an issue with the Xim 4's signal. So if I turn the xbox one one right now, I would have to disconnect the cable that is connected into port B of the titan two, then disconnecting and reconnecting the cable that is connected into port A and then finally reconnecting the secondary xbox one controller into port b, in order to be able to use my mouse and keyboard and have the secondary xbox one controller On.
Bottom line is that, it seems that the controller which is connected to the xim 4 seems to be the one who has to be turned on first in order to not cause an issue with the xim 4.

2. When I have everything working properly (my chat pad is connected into the secondary xbox one controller which is connected into port b) it seems that people can hear me on game chat and party chat; but I can only hear people if I'm in game chat but I can't hear them if I'm in a party chat, which is very annoying. It's so weird.
Update** It's working right now but it hadn't worked for one week straight.

Any ideas why this could happen?
I've got you in my sights!
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Secondary Xbox Controller for Chat Issue

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Mic distortions are under investigation, any extra info that can potentiality help debug this issue can be added to this GitHub:

https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/74

Related with no Mic when using with XIM4 on XB1, this is a know issue. The workaround is use the XB1 controller on INPUT-B with the headset and on XIM any other controller, such as PS3 controller.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hiroshimus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:54 pm

1. Alright so basically if I'm using a Xim 4 and an Xbox One, I should connect a PS3 controller into the Xim 4 and the Xbox One controller into Port B, right?

If I wanted to use a DS4 instead of the PS3 controller (I'm asking this because I don't have a PS3 controller and because I know that if I connect a USB HUB into the Xim 4 and I connect an xbox one controller and a DS4 into it at the same time, that creates an issue and the Xim 4 doesn't work ) and the Xbox One controller into Port B, this would cause an issue with the Xim 4 if I'm playing Xbox One, am I correct?

J2Kbr wrote:Mic distortions are under investigation, any extra info that can potentiality help debug this issue can be added to this GitHub:

https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/74

Related with no Mic when using with XIM4 on XB1, this is a know issue. The workaround is use the XB1 controller on INPUT-B with the headset and on XIM any other controller, such as PS3 controller.

hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:14 pm

hiroshimus wrote:1. Alright so basically if I'm using a Xim 4 and an Xbox One, I should connect a PS3 controller into the Xim 4 and the Xbox One controller into Port B, right?

That is correct.

hiroshimus wrote:If I wanted to use a DS4 instead of the PS3 controller and the Xbox One controller into Port B, this would cause an issue with the Xim 4 if I'm playing Xbox One, am I correct?

This also will work. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hiroshimus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Hey man,

So I tried the DS4 connected into the controller port of the xim 4, and connecting the xbox one controller into port B, in order to play Xbox One.

It's not working for me right now. It seems that it's close to working, because when I turn on my Xbox one, my keyboard and mouse Leds turn on after a few seconds (This always happens in this order when I have been using an xbox one controller connected to xim 4 and another xbox controller connected to port b of the titan 2), and then the next step would be that the controller's Led should turn on, like it happened all the time.

When I tried the new setup, when the signal is about to hit the DS4, the Leds on my Mouse and Keyboard turn off and it just doesn't work.

Might it be because of the fact that I don't have the power adapter? (I will get it on friday)

J2Kbr wrote:
hiroshimus wrote:1. Alright so basically if I'm using a Xim 4 and an Xbox One, I should connect a PS3 controller into the Xim 4 and the Xbox One controller into Port B, right?

That is correct.

hiroshimus wrote:If I wanted to use a DS4 instead of the PS3 controller and the Xbox One controller into Port B, this would cause an issue with the Xim 4 if I'm playing Xbox One, am I correct?

This also will work. :smile0517:
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Thank you for the feedback and please let us know if the power supply make any difference on the results.

Soon I will work on XIM4 related improvements and will take this opportunity to also test with the DS4 controller
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hiroshimus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Now with the power adapter it works flawlessly, at least for now it does.

It seems that is extremely recommended to use a Power Adapter if you are using a Xim 4 + Titan Two, that just solved several issues for me. :joia:

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you for the feedback and please let us know if the power supply make any difference on the results.

Soon I will work on XIM4 related improvements and will take this opportunity to also test with the DS4 controller
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby hiroshimus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:41 am

Hey J2Kbr good evening,

I wanted to ask for your opinion.

Now I know that you are working on solving this issue about the Xim 4 + T2 voice chat problem (robotic voice and static).

Right now when I play Xbox One I have a DS4 connected to the Xim 4 and a Xbox One controller connected to port B of the Titan 2. This is works fine, even though sometimes people have still mentioned that my voice was distorting from time to time, but it was decent overall.

I definitely want to use the Rumble Feature because it is very useful for me. The problem is that the Rumbling on a Xbox One controller is very weak in comparison to the rumbling on a DS4. So when I'm playing and I am fully concentrated I barely notice the rumbling on my xbox one controller. I really wanna use a DS4 connected into port B so the rumbling will be very strong like I've tried it in the past.

SInce I also want to be able to communicate through voice chat and party chat because it is of the essence on a game like Overwatch and pretty much every single competitive game, would my best option be to buy a Wireless Headset for Xbox One?. Does that solve the audio chat issue if I want to have a Xim 4 connected into port a and a DS4 connected into port b?

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you for the feedback and please let us know if the power supply make any difference on the results.

hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 am

You can use a wired headset too, you just need a device that connects directly to the console and not to the Titan Two or the controller to bypass the problem.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby hiroshimus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Hey man,

Well actually the problem is that you can't use a USB Headset for Xbox, it just doesn't work. I read a lot about that last month I think. So I can't connect it directly into the console.

You can do it on Playstation 4, connect it via USB directly to the console or connect it directly to the controller.

But right now, I mainly play Xbox One for competitive Overwatch.

I don't have a problem with PS4 because I connect my headset directly into the console.

:)

Do you know a way to connect a headset directly into an Xbox One? a specific product or adapter that would work?

Scachi wrote:You can use a wired headset too, you just need a device that connects directly to the console and not to the Titan Two or the controller to bypass the problem.
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Titan Two Device