Custom input device using bluetooth - hid raw - key/joy?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Custom input device using bluetooth - hid raw - key/joy?

Postby Scachi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Hello,

I am trying to create a bluetooth variant of my custom input device utilizing a blendmicro.

It has almost the same dimensions as the teensy board I have used in my device so no changes are needed to the case, just need to add a small battery to it.

I have no experience in programming using bluetooth but I found an example for the blendmicro board to be used as a keyboard over bluetooth (ble_hid_keyboard_template), so get it working as a keyboard seems not to be a problem.

The teensy board was able to act as a multi.hid device, so I could change the buttons to act as a keyboard key press or a joystick button on the fly using small configuration program utilizing the oled screen.
This allows me to have one button act as a keyboard press while another button act as a joystick button.

I would like to be able to have each button of the bluetooth variant to act as a keyboard or joystick, too.
I have found some information that this might be possible using it as a "ble hid raw" (if I did understand it correctly) so each button may be able to send a keyboard press or button press.
Or is there another / better approach how I may be able to do it ?

Does the Titan Two bluetooth module support this ? Is it able to understand that "protocol" (or whatever it is called) ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Custom input device using bluetooth - hid raw - key/joy?

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:55 am

Scachi wrote:Does the Titan Two bluetooth module support this ? Is it able to understand that "protocol" (or whatever it is called) ?

The Titan Two is fully compliant with HID standard, so yes, it will be able to understand the inputs from this board. As by now the HID input support is implemented only via USB, the support for Bluetooth is planned and should be implemented soon. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby creedkiller » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:43 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Scachi wrote:Does the Titan Two bluetooth module support this ? Is it able to understand that "protocol" (or whatever it is called) ?

The Titan Two is fully compliant with HID standard, so yes, it will be able to understand the inputs from this board. As by now the HID input support is implemented only via USB, the support for Bluetooth is planned and should be implemented soon. :smile0517:

looking forward to this :smile0203:
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Scachi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:29 pm

What is the state of the BLE HID support ?
Did I miss this feature being released or is it still in development ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:08 am

Scachi wrote:What is the state of the BLE HID support ?
Did I miss this feature being released or is it still in development ?

I didn't have time to work on this yet, but this feature will be implemented.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device