Latest Titan Two update + XIM4

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Latest Titan Two update + XIM4

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:05 am

I have not tested yet, but it should work.

The latest firmware update opens a new way to use XIM4 with the Titan Two. Normally you plug XIM4 to the Titan Two, but if the output protocol is set to "USB Multi Interface HID", you can have the mouse/keyboard connected on the Titan Two AND the Titan Two to XIM4, allowing script rapidfire and any other mod direct on the keyboard and mouse inputs. :joia: :joia:

if any one test this, please let us know the results.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Latest Titan Two update + XIM4

Postby antithesis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:37 am

What the what what?!?

Obvious question - can macro keys that are not bound to in-game controls on T2 or Xim4 be bound to a keyboard and trigger on T2 in this configuration?

I'll need to test this :)
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:09 am

antithesis wrote:Obvious question - can macro keys that are not bound to in-game controls on T2 or Xim4 be bound to a keyboard and trigger on T2 in this configuration?

yes, perfectly possible. any key or mouse button can be used for this purpose.

antithesis wrote:I'll need to test this :)

:joia: Basic script to enable keyboard/mouse passthru:
Code: Select all
init {
    // Umap the keyboard and mouse from joystick output
    keymapping();
    mousemapping();

// Change the output protocol to USB Multi Interface HID
    port_connect(PORT_USB_C, PROTOCOL_HID);
}

main {
    // Pass through the keyboard and mouse inputs to output
    key_passthru();
    mouse_passthru();

// From here, script any mod with:
    // key_status(), mouse_status(), key_set(), mouse_set()
}

J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 am

Alright, yesterday I tried this, it works but there is an issue. As the name imply, the Multi Interface HID have 3 HID interfaces: Keyboard, Mouse and Joystick. All three are recognized by XIM4, but the joystick is causing interference. On XIM4 configuration is possible "unmap" the joystick digital buttons, but not the axis and triggers.

I have little experience with XIM4, I wonder if is possible to complete disable the joystick support on it?

If not, we will need add an option on the HID output to suppress the joystick interface.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:56 am

There's no option to disable the joystick in Xim Manager. Given a Nav registers as a joystick, you'll likely need to support this config as a large segment of XIm users prefer Nav+mouse over kb+mouse.

No Xim users (except idiots like me who do it for testing) will connect a kb, Nav and mouse concurrently to a Xim. It'll almost always be Nav+mouse OR kb+mouse, so perhaps you can work around it from that perspective.

You may find Xim users who wants to use kb, mouse and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick (the only Xim-supported joystick) for games like Battlefield, but it's uncommon.

Aaaannndd...I think G13 registers as a joystick rather than a kb. That's problematic as those who don't use a Nav tend to use a G13 if they want analog movement.

Or (the simplest solution) simply hide the fact that a T2 can be connected to a Xim when Xim into T2 works perfectly. Well, close to perfectly - I need to unplug and replug my Xim into the T2 after console boot-up on PS4, but that's small potatoes.

Honestly, I've never considered connecting a T2 to a Xim as the benefit has always been Xim into T1/T2 or CM. So you really need to ask if it's worth the time to nut this one out when no-one will use it if we don't tell anyone about it.

I'd personally prefer that time be spent working out how to load external files into a GPC script *nudge nudge wink wink* :)
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:03 am

antithesis wrote:There's no option to disable the joystick in Xim Manager
̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶h̶e̶n̶t̶i̶c̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶j̶o̶y̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶x̶i̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶
Edit: You're right, I forgot about the actual thumb sticks. They cant be unbind, only swapped. But the triggers should have no problem, being unbind. However, not that this should matter. The triggers act as digital buttons with the non authenticated controller. Just one and off. They are not analog.

This is a Xim4 issue. though, I noticed this a long time a go.
Last edited by Sillyasskid on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Thank you antithesis and Sillyasskid for the clarifications.

antithesis wrote:So you really need to ask if it's worth the time to nut this one out when no-one will use it if we don't tell anyone about it. I'd personally prefer that time be spent working out how to load external files into a GPC script *nudge nudge wink wink* :)

The option to disable the Joysticck interface was added and will be available on the next update release. This was easy implementation, took me less than one hour. :smile0517: Everything works very good now. There is absolutely no difference having the mouse (and keyboard) connected to the Titan Two instead of directly on XIM4. I believe, at least on the beginning, the HID output will be mostly used with XIM4, as the other possibilities are very niche or intended for PC gaming.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sillyasskid » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:49 pm

I think I found a bug, but I'm not sure if this is actually just the same issue you had already found.

Basically to reproduce what I found.

I had the set up as:
Titan Two(1) HID Output ---> Xim4 ---> Titan Two(2) Xbox One Output.

In GTunerIV, when connected to Titan Two(2), The X and Y Values, were registering -98.2, without a mouse even connected to neither of the Titan Two's nor the Xim4.

Is this the issue that you have resolved, for the next update?
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby antithesis » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Thanks for the update, I'll give the next release a try.

I've noticed some start-up issues in the last few T2 FW releases -

1. Xim4 needs to be unplugged and replugged to the T2 once before it'll be detected. This is an ongoing issue for me, likely due to the T2 always being powered-on via an upstream USB switch. Nothing new there, but worth noting. I'll test with cold boots of the T2.

2. I can only tell that the T2+Xim4 is connected correctly when the Quick Menu for Power appears. What that means is a long press of the PS button is sent to the PS4 rather than a tap of PS. I'm not physically pressing anything, I think the T2 is doing it as it's not a problem with Xim4 alone. Not a big deal, but it will throw some users.

3. NEW - Once the Xim4 is detected, when I go to enter my passcode to login to that user account on PS4, pressing a d-pad button crashes the T2 INPUT port. It reboots and then allows the correct input. My first input is a face button press which is accepted, but the second is a d-pad press and it crashes at that point. Once the Xim4 is redetected, it never happens again - it's only ever on the first attempt.

4. NEW - if left alone to idle, the Xim4 controls will sometimes randomly disconnect. This hasn't been an issue for many T2 FW releases. It's been reintroduced recently, I haven't changed my setup and I haven't found a pattern.

5. NEW - sometimes the Xim4+T2 setup works right off-the-bat and I don't need to do anything. That's maybe 5% of the time. I've always needed to unplug /replug once, so something randomly goes right whereas it never did previously.
Last edited by antithesis on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby b00st_g0d » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:25 am

antithesis wrote:Thanks for the update, I'll give the next release a try.

I've noticed some start-up issues in the last few T2 FW releases -

1. Xim4 needs to be unplugged and replugged to the T2 once before it'll be detected. This is an ongoing issue for me, likely due to the T2 always being powered-on via an upstream USB switch. Nothing new there, but worth noting. I'll test with cold boots of the T2.

2. I can only tell that the T2+Xim4 is connected correctly when the Quick Menu for Power appears. What that means is a long press of the PS button is sent to the PS4 rather than a tap of PS. I'm not physically pressing anything, I think the T2 is doing it as it's not a problem with Xim4 alone. Not a big deal, but it will throw some users.

3. NEW - Once the Xim4 is detected, when I go to enter my passcode to login for that user account on PS4, pressing a d-pad button crashes the T2 INPUT port. It reboots and then allows the correct input. My first input is a face button press which is accepted, but the second is a d-pad press and it crashes at that point. Once the Xim4 is redetected, it never happens again - it's only ever on the first attempt.

4. NEW - if left alone to idle, the Xim4 controls will sometimes randomly disconnect. This hasn't been an issue for many T2 FW releases. It's been reintroduced recently, I haven't changed my setup and I haven't found a pattern.

5. NEW - sometimes the Xim4+T2 setup works right off-the-bat and I don't need to do anything. That's maybe 5% of the time. I've always needed to unplug /replug once, so something randomly goes right whereas it never did previously.

This is great detail and very much mirrors my experience as well. I've been meaning to ask, is there a way to force a rollback on upgrades for an older f/w?
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Titan Two Device