I was afraid about this.

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

I was afraid about this.

Postby battlelog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 am

Please watch the whole video to understand alot of the key points that he is right about the device.

I am in no way saying that no one should buy it, but he does have some key points on his review about the T2. I as you guys know me am a supporter of these devices, I have 2 T2's and 2 T1's. I have had no issues with both other then some requests that I have asked to be added to the game packs and also some scripts that Fish has wriiten for us. All in all the device is great but the learning curve to use the device to a layman like myself and many orther's is a big learning curve with out the proper documentation.

I for one want this device to succeed and have the community here grow. I did not know that this video even exsited until my friend who was about to buy the t2, texted me and told me about it. Now he is on the fence about it?

Anyways I hope you guys don't take the video the wrong way and for me posting this, it just hits some true key points about the development of the T2. :smile0517:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3zZflouNRU
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: I was afraid about this.

Postby Eyekeelu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:35 am

I don’t know, I’m pretty new here, and it looks like that guy posted in November, so not sure what was happening then, but he seems to spend a lot of time on the forum, and saying that he doesn’t get answered. That hasn’t been my experience, I’ve been helped in a timely manner, and am no computer genius, but I already converted a few of my scripts from the titan one to the titan two. It was a bit of a learning curve, but really it only took me a few hours to figure out what I needed to figure out. Maybe I’m different, but I feel like the info is out there, and someone will help, but you also have to help yourself. Maybe that guy needs to try harder, I don’t know, just saying. I’ll agree, the price is a little high, but I got mine through extreme mods, and I got it in 3 days, and it was only 99$, then I got a micro sd card at Walmart for ten bucks. So I’m good with that, yea, it coulda been cheaper tho, I’ll give you that. Today, I started messing around just for fun, I plugged up every controller I have, ( I have over 30, lol ) every one worked, every one, I plugged up my eagle eye converter ( yep, got one of those too) it worked, plugged in my wireless keyboard and mouse, it worked, plugged up my wired keyboard, it worked too. That’s pretty sweet. The only thing I don’t like, if I’m going to critique would be the micro usb plug for attaching to the console, I would have preferred a regular usb connection like the titan one, I just think those micro USB ports get damaged easier, and I’m worried I’m going to fk it up. Anyway, I guess his experience is different than mine, I don’t discount his, simply saying mines different.
Eyekeelu
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby battlelog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:43 am

I agree with you man, everyone I have met has been really helpful and I have tried to help other people out as much as I can. I dont know how to code so for me it was a big learning curve on the T1. To be honest I learned how to use the T1 by watching the CM yt vids. Now with the T2 and the help from leaning how to use the T1 it is pretty simple. But he did have a key point that he said, console gamers want to game not script, that speaks volume you know. He also plays on the switch which is really not supported on the gamepack and script side from what I can tell. But anyways we are here to support the T2 and help everyone out who is new to the device, I for one will help out in whatever way I can on how to set up the device or having issues with your pc not taking to the device, on the script side I cannot help, lol.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eyekeelu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 am

Yea, everybody has different ways they game, I’m a PS4/Xbox one gamer, and I’ll not lie, I was upset for about an hour or two when I first got the device, but I was scared my wife would kill me if I said it didn’t work, lol, so I had to figure it out, I didn’t have much of a choice. And I’m glad I stuck with it, I’m a golf player and my scripts were made by me, and they use timing down to the millisecond. It has to be exact, and I can tell you that my scripts (after a few hours of tweaking) are now better than ever. The titan one had a 18% fail rate for my scripts, the titan two has a 6% fail rate, and that’s the difference between winning and losing. Before I got the titan one I never scripted in my life, but nobody plays golf, so when I tried to ask for scripts, they’d help, but they didn’t really understand because they didn’t play the games I do, and I didn’t expect them to, I figured it out by looking at other scripts, it took me over a year to write my first script, and I tried for hours every day, finally it worked, and now I’m a golf genius, lol, but if you asked me to script Zelda, I’d have no clue. Necessity is the mother of invention. Anyway, I’m confident that there will be a better, more thorough manual soon, and I’m sure if that guy, or any guy, would just be a little patient, they would get the help they need
Eyekeelu
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby battlelog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:01 am

^^^^^^ Great post man!!!! :smile0517:

Hey how did you start out scripting, what did you look at. I have been thinking of taking some classes to learn how to code I guess you will call it?
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby zombielols » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 am

battlelog wrote:Please watch the whole video to understand alot of the key points that he is right about the device.

I am in no way saying that no one should buy it, but he does have some key points on his review about the T2. I as you guys know me am a supporter of these devices, I have 2 T2's and 2 T1's. I have had no issues with both other then some requests that I have asked to be added to the game packs and also some scripts that Fish has wriiten for us. All in all the device is great but the learning curve to use the device to a layman like myself and many orther's is a big learning curve with out the proper documentation.

I for one want this device to succeed and have the community here grow. I did not know that this video even exsited until my friend who was about to buy the t2, texted me and told me about it. Now he is on the fence about it?

Anyways I hope you guys don't take the video the wrong way and for me posting this, it just hits some true key points about the development of the T2. :smile0517:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3zZflouNRU
Yes, I watched the video, I bought it anyway, I don't know feels kind of like placebo once I watched it. (Like I actually noticed me dying) This isn't as long as some posts up there but you know.
zombielols
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Eyekeelu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:25 am

battlelog wrote:^^^^^^ Great post man!!!! :smile0517:

Hey how did you start out scripting, what did you look at. I have been thinking of taking some classes to learn how to code I guess you will call it?

Thanks man,

I looked at every script in the gpc library, and read their descriptions, then I disregarded all the things that were useless to me and my games, but retained the things I thought I could use. I have an iPad, so it’s easy to take pictures and notes, I write directly on the pictures, circling what’s relevant, and why. Then I read the manual front to back, and it still took forever to understand what I was doing wrong. My scripts are timing scripts, basically there’s a three click meter that I have to hit the cross button at the correct time, and I know it sounds easy, but it is in fact incredibly hard, there are so many things that cause lag, but anyway, it was extremely difficult for me to figure this stuff out. I fully understand that most gamers don’t want to do what I did, but I’m saying, most don’t have to. Most gamers here like popular games, I happen to like games nobody plays, lol. But yea, if you really want to learn, just do, every time you screw up, you will learn something.
Eyekeelu
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby battlelog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:29 am

:smile0203:
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby bonefisher » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 am

The guy actually is full of not being patient for what is actually a gold mine. If he knows about anything specially the modding world that things change and what ever modded controller he buys for $120 to $200 is set up for certain games but then the new one comes in the mods will change leaving him with playing that old games or shutting mods off that don't work for new game. Plus going through several controllers costing a lot instead using customized stock ones which are cheaper but still having your Titan Two to flow through the changes of the mods. So him saying the cost is high I disagree if you look at what you bought over the years. Now since the KB&M is working awesome this is the way to go which is even cheaper then buying controller and more precise on play!
J2Kbr is a one man show with all what he has done I think is amazing how the new Titan Two turn out to give us this awesome product that will bring us many years of mind blasting mods our community will come up with. In due time guys it will get easy for noobies when he gets a chance finishing the docs so people can follow better but patient needs to be there.

Now on people needing help with building scripts the community is great about this when they have time someone helps out. I myself try to help all I can because I do this as one of my hobbies and still don't know coding but do some amazing things by test and trial plus lots of failure but somehow see it in my mind how it should work. I started off with simple scripts maybe one thing and tinkering till I got it right which now comes automatic so if I can do it anyone can. lol! :smile0517:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby battlelog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:28 am

:smile0517: :smile0203:
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Titan Two Device