I was afraid about this.

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: I was afraid about this.

Postby creedkiller » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 am

Why do people look at a long beta period as a bad thing? I much prefer a long beta than the poor practice of greedy companies rushing through a beta and delivering a product which is not ready. The long beta shows J2Kbr actually gives a shit about his device and its issues.

This guy also says there are other products which "offer similar functionality to this device" but he does not give any names or links. From all the research I have done I can tell you there is NO DEVICE with scripting capability as sophisticated as the one J2Kbr has created for us.

The fact that this guy is comparing the Titan 2 to a "evil/scuff" controller shows that really he has no idea what the Titan 2 is all about.

Granted, this product in its current beta state is not for the lazy layman, but I would have thought that was obvious by the simple fact that it is IN BETA.

If you are an impatient layman and are only interested in "plug and play", I'd suggest the Titan 1.
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby battlelog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 am

Good post man but from a business point of view, it would help the bottom line to have made it more simpler to use. I know J2K and as a business my self you put a product out to make money for all the time and investment you have put in. That's the truth, and now a days people want everything at the moment, they don't want to learn how to use a device. It's the world we live in man sad but true.

Now for the millions of causal players out there that don't have a clue how to code or just don't want to put effort into learning how to use the device. You give them 2 options, a device or controllers that you just plug and play or 2. a device that you will have to put time into to learn how to use you it. I bet you 80% out of 100 will choose number 1.

Now J2k has put in alot of his blood and sweat in to the t2, and I know he would want his new product to out shine the t1, I mean it's just good business. The T1 is a great device and it will be around for a while but it's also a bit old too.

Now do you think that the people over there at CM want the T2 to succeed, he'll no! They aways talk bad about the T1, I have seen a few posts on there forums saying this and that. Is the CM a good product, yes it is, it's the same as the T1.

That's why I believe that the T2 has to succeed. The guy just made some valid points on his video, that's all.

I just think in my opinion that the T2 just needs more proper how to videos and documentation in order for the casual crowd to catch on and buy the product.

Look I just want this product to succeed because it is a great device and I believe in it, so hopefully some good press by the big youtu.be reviewers out will help it break though. :smile0202:
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eyekeelu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:40 am

Ya know, I just wanted to throw this out there, I just recorded some macros, then converted them to scripts, just for fun, and I gotta say, it was awesome, you don’t have to know how to do anything other than add this in the beginning of the script it creates

Main {
If ( get_val ( BUTTON Whatever) ) combo_run ( macro combo) ;
}

And that’s it, I followed the instructions, only had one issue... I couldn’t find how to record them, lol, the instructions don’t tell you that you have to go to the device monitor tab to record, I figured you’d do it all from the editor, but after 15 minutes, ok, maybe an hour, lol, of looking, I figured it out, and it’s really cool. So I guess, why bother learning how to write scripts, this thing does it for you. I know the titan one recorded macros too, but this is better, this is accurate, and has a nice editor. Check it out.
Eyekeelu
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby battlelog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 pm

:smile0517:
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Munkee915 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:08 pm

This guy is an idiot. Right off the bat he says the connection kit and SD card are both "required" which is not true. I didnt have to put an SD card in mine until I started using the wireless xbox controller adapter. In the comments he keeps claiming that there is no support from developers on the T2 but J2Kbr has been awesome with support despite how much he has to deal with, and the community support is great too. He points out a thread on the forum saying no one is helping but has 2 pages of replies in 3 days. I cant take anything he says seriously.
Munkee915
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 pm

I found this video while in vacation couple weeks ago. Really unfair, the device was in beta period. His complaints regarding the motion sensor on Nintendo Switch are long fixed and working flawlessly now.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby heyguyslol » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:21 am

I've taken the time to read thru all the comments on this post both good and bad. I will be making another updated video on the Titan Two to clarify a few things as there are misunderstandings on both sides. The info I presented in the video I posted was based on my experience and what I was told via thru these forums or from Uncanny X-Clan facebook.

I personally have no desire to see the Titan Two fail. I bought two T2's hoping it would work or at least half work (since it is in beta) which sadly it did not. All it did was frustrate me and waste a lot of my time which after reading thru several of the forum posts others shared the same sentiment.

While I do not know how to script with the T1 or T2 I'm not completely ignorant as to how scripting works as I've written a few simple Autohotkey scripts (which yes I know is completely different) the point is as stated by the OP and myself is gamers want to game not code script or at least provide a gui interface that allows for basic scripting conversion.

I have no doubts I can learn the T2 scripting language, however the problem is I didn't buy this device to learn to script and sadly unless you are scripting regularly it isn't like riding a bike (at least imo).

In response to who ever said ppl are too impatient and want things now or not at all, well yes that's true we all pick and choose our battles for the time we have. The T2 was not a battle I desired to continue with after loosing many hours and not getting anywhere. I imagine the comment comes from a subjective point of view as the T2 clearly works for your needs but guess what not everyone is like you and nor should they be :P

As far as my pro controller I'm using it works perfectly fine for my needs and isn't using any mod packs so therefore no patch will render it useless and it was cheaper. Granted yes this is comparing apples to oranges but again I will clarify all this in my next vid about this topic.
heyguyslol
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby TTV_Atlas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:57 am

This guy is an idiot, he was facing issue with the SD CARD he was probably not clever enough to understand how a FS works and then was posting on video on YouTube don't buy.
So far you only need SD CARD if you want extended memors slot for script or use Xbox Wireless adapter or the Built in Bluetooth.

People now a days instead of trying to understand just post videos on YouTube.
TTV_Atlas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby heyguyslol » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm

The idiot is back, enjoy guys... lol

https://youtu.be/mlWuzWUFw0M
heyguyslol
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby heyguyslol » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm

TTV_Atlas wrote:This guy is an idiot, he was facing issue with the SD CARD he was probably not clever enough to understand how a FS works and then was posting on video on YouTube don't buy.
So far you only need SD CARD if you want extended memors slot for script or use Xbox Wireless adapter or the Built in Bluetooth.

People now a days instead of trying to understand just post videos on YouTube.

People now a days instead of listening to the full YouTube video just make idiotic comments on forums :P
heyguyslol
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device