Problem syncing XboxWireless adapter-Titan 2-Xbox Controller

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Problem syncing XboxWireless adapter-Titan 2-Xbox Contro

Postby Longfellow78 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks a lot. Just digging around in the driver files. It mentions Mediatek. Don't know if they make the official adapter or the unofficial one I have.

Edit: also saw one that looks the same made by qumox.
Longfellow78
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:53 pm

After some researching unfortunately didn't find an user-friendly way to capture the USB traffic on Windows.

The best option (no considering USB sniffers based on hardware) seems to be Wireshark + USBPcap. Both software are free, but the setup and the capturing are not easy, requiring familiarity with technical terminology and tools. Not to mention the USBPcap will install it self between the USB device drivers and the Windows, so the driver will not "talk" anymore directly with Windows, but instead with USBPcap which then forward the data packet to Windows. This can cause issue with some devices of your computer. I really don't feel comfortable ask you to try that, specially on your everyday use computer. In any case, please google for Wireshark + USBPcap, so you can have a better idea of the challenges of capturing USB traffic on Windows.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Longfellow78 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Thanks for the research, I decided on a simpler approach... Ordered an official xbox one wireless adapter (used) on ebay. When it arrives I will sell my unofficial one so hopefully it will only cost a few pounds/dollars.

I will use it wired until then. I will no doubt be posting lots of questions about scripts ;)

Thanks a lot.

edit: so decided to try converting some of my existing scripts from Cr0nusmax, and I can open a blank or existing GPC file, it says "open file error" even on a new blank file. I'm not having much luck here :(

edit2: don't know why that happening but i downloaded a file from library and overwrote it and saved, it works now...
Longfellow78
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Please keep me updated on the results with the new adapter.

Related to any other question you may have, please don't hesitate to post on the forums or PM me directly. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Longfellow78 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:58 am

It works!

I got the new Xbox dongle. It works as expected. You should add a note that the device only supports official Microsoft adapters.

Thanks for help.
Longfellow78
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby danpeak123 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Hello,

I'm still having this issue and i'm now using firmware 1.0.3.0

I have a 8GB micro USB Formatted & Configured but keep getting the following error

Xbox One Wireless: Initialization error 1 [ nav 0, type 3, size 0, pos 106 ]

this is an official xbox wireless adapter that worked in the other persons case

could you share the fix for this please as id like to use wireless xbox one on ps4

thanks for looking in to this.

Regards
Dan.P
danpeak123
Private
Private

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Welcome to our forums danpeak123.

Few weeks ago an user reached me by email with exactly the same initialization error (at pos 106). After some investigation we find out his wireless receiver was not Microsoft official (with Xbox Logo engraved on the front). He returned the third-party adapter and purchased an second-hand MS official which worked as expected.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Previous

Return to Titan Two Device