8bitdo N30 Pro & Bluetooth

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

8bitdo N30 Pro & Bluetooth

Postby gashoneil » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:57 pm

Thought I would share as this was difficult to get working (for me anyway!).

I have a N30 Pro from 8bitdo and I managed to pair the device with the Titan Two over bluetooth and play PC games as if it was an xbox 360 pad.

N30 Pro - firmware 4.1
Hold A and power up the device so that the N30 Pro pretends to be a switch controller
Put the Titan Two into pairing mode in GTuner, and then press the pairing button on the controller. When it works the lights on the controller go solid blue.

Set the output mode to XBOX 360 and move the cable from Prog into Output

The important bit is holding A when turning on the controller to make the 8bitdo to act as a switch controller. If you try using other methods it won't pair (like holding just turning it on, or holding X for xbox) , it just times out.
gashoneil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: 8bitdo N30 Pro & Bluetooth

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:00 am

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us. :joia: :joia:
gashoneil wrote:Hold A and power up the device so that the N30 Pro pretends to be a switch controller

This is the important part to make this work. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby kenshin80012 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:31 pm

gashoneil wrote:Thought I would share as this was difficult to get working (for me anyway!).

I have a N30 Pro from 8bitdo and I managed to pair the device with the Titan Two over bluetooth and play PC games as if it was an xbox 360 pad.

N30 Pro - firmware 4.1
Hold A and power up the device so that the N30 Pro pretends to be a switch controller
Put the Titan Two into pairing mode in GTuner, and then press the pairing button on the controller. When it works the lights on the controller go solid blue.

Set the output mode to XBOX 360 and move the cable from Prog into Output

The important bit is holding A when turning on the controller to make the 8bitdo to act as a switch controller. If you try using other methods it won't pair (like holding just turning it on, or holding X for xbox) , it just times out.

I will be making this video soon, I have got the SN30 Pro working as well but ... i am just waiting for some more 8bitdo controllers to be supported via bluetooth like the N30 Arcade Stick, N30, and SN30 so the video can cover more than just 1 controller, but maybe ill just do the 1 controller in the video if people really want it

@J2k
Do you need the descriptors to add support for these?
kenshin80012
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 pm

yes, please. it may be helpful. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hitspark » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks for posting this info, I'll be ordering the NES30 now based on that I'll be able to use it for more than just the Switch (wirelessly) by way of the Titan Two.
hitspark
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby kenshin80012 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:36 pm

hitspark wrote:Thanks for posting this info, I'll be ordering the NES30 now based on that I'll be able to use it for more than just the Switch (wirelessly) by way of the Titan Two.

I would recommend the SN30 Pro over the NES30 Pro... just my 2 cents... and it's just as easy to connect

kenshin80012
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hitspark » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Sorry, I meant the Arcade Stick for the Switch. Their naming schemes are confusing. I had a major ordeal getting the darn thing to connect to the Switch at all so I haven't tried connecting it to the Titan yet. Hopefully it won't be as bad.
hitspark
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Titan Two Device