[Problem] Frequent disconnects with Xbox Wireless Adapter

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

[Problem] Frequent disconnects with Xbox Wireless Adapter

Postby Squidward » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am

I play Xbox with the T2, an Xbox Elite controller, and the first gen Xbox Wireless adapter. But for the last 3-4 days, about once or twice an hour while playing, my controller will just disconnect from the adapter and I have a heck of a time trying to reconnect it. What I have to do is pair the controller directly to the Xbox, turn off the controller, unplug the T2 from the Xbox, turn on the controller, turn on the T2 into Programming mode (shows P on the display), then turn the T2 to normal mode, then try and pair the controller to the adapter again, but even then sometimes it doesn't pair. On almost every occasion that this has happened, I've spent upwards of 5-10 minutes just trying to get the controller to pair with the adapter properly. Each time it does easily pair with the adapter, but the Xbox still thinks that a controller is unplugged and no controller input works on the controller. Also, when it pairs but doesn't do it properly, each time the little LED on the adapter is on solid. But each time the controller pairs properly and works as it should, the LED is only ever on while pairing (i.e. flashing) but then turns off once the controller is paired.

This is causing me to die frequently in game and is really a major issue for me. Any idea what's causing this and what I can do to fix it? Is the first gen adapter just garbage? Do I need to upgrade to the new adapter? As a side note, I just updated the firmware on my T2 last week Thursday or Friday, or something like that.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [Problem] Frequent disconnects with Xbox Wireless Adapte

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 pm

It was found a issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter where the rumble data packets were overflowing the Xbox Wireless Adapter, causing controller disconnection. The firmware released today implements a flow control to prevent that to happen, please test and let me know if the disconnections were fixed. Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 pm

J2Kbr wrote:It was found a issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter where the rumble data packets were overflowing the Xbox Wireless Adapter, causing controller disconnection. The firmware released today implements a flow control to prevent that to happen, please test and let me know if the disconnections were fixed. Thank you.

Thanks, man! I'll give it a shot and let you know!
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Omnivirex » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Ich still have Disconnects after some Amount of Inputs, the Inputs get slower and slower til you can feel a lag shortly after it the connenction is lost.
Its a littel bit sad for me to pay over 120 USD and to get a not working Device .
The compatibility with Xb1 Wireless Adapter was the only funktion i was realy interested to play with my xbox elite controller on ps4 .
Since i got the Divice it is useless. Also the GTunes userinterce seems very rudimentary has much less funktions than my device maxplus i terms of accecibility for the user. i dont want spend 30 days to learn first how code a script to the divicee working.
The most scrips i used from the source are useless beacuse the paddles are mapped to share or touch button, its a major back step.
Its not my job to get the divice working especialy when the funktion of the divice is promissed. I thought the beta test is allready finished.
Omnivirex
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 am

The issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter is my top priority at the moment. You can expect progress on this matter within the upcoming days.

As for Gtuner IV, I respectfully disagree from you. Gtuner IV without doubts is more advanced and modern than the mentioned software. It also have back compatibility for previous devices scripts, not requiring you to learn a new scripting language.

The paddles on the Elite controller can be remapped to anything you want, even be disabled if that is the case. You can perform this configuration via script or via Input Translator. Input Translators can be used along with scripts, so this option should solve the issue you are reporting on this.

Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Alright, I believe to have found the cause of the issue (finally, debugging this over week now). I will be doing some tests during the upcoming hours and the firmware update will possible be available today. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby what2be » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 pm

I have the latest update (today, March 17) on one of my Titan Two's (i own 2) and it works great. Hopefully yours does as well now. I was having some intermittent issues with the other Titan two I own but i will update it as well and see if it fixes that one as well. I do know one thing, USB cables are NOT all the same, and the longer the cable, the better chances it WILL disconnect. I would definitely be using the cables in the accessory kit (if you purchased that) and if not I would find the shortest usb cable you could between the Titan two and the console. Im using a 3m (9 feet) cable right now and it works great but when I was having issues I always tested with the ones that came in the accessory kit. I did try other cables that I had (a 6' and a different 9' and both had issues that I fixed by ordering a few new cables off amazon. There is a difference in quality between cables and it does make a difference. (not saying thats your problem, but regardless to troubleshoot it correctly you need to be using a short cable (1 foot or less). My .02 cents anyway
what2be
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Omnivirex » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Thank you the Support and fast Debugging,

with the latest Firmaware for the Titan two the Wireless Adapter works great. Fast response, no lags, no disconnects.
I managed to remap my back paddels on my elite controller and shut off the anoying popup of the sharescreen.
This is a workaround but i needs still a fix on itself.
I have one issue wich i had not with device max plus. When the ps4 controller is plugged in for authetification its permanentely on and vibrated simultaniuosly with my xbox controller.
Is it posslily to fix this porblem without shuttig of vibration completly.
The other question and reaquest at same time .
Is it possible to implement the Addons like max maper vor titan one for gtuner ? It is anoyning to programm it myself.
There are also several games wich use split touchpad for the ps4 controller to extend menue funktion.
A game like metal gear survie even splits the touchpad in four parts.
It would be nice to able to remap these for xb1 and xb1 elite controller with combinations.

Thank you again for the fast respone and support.
Omnivirex
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby f00lio » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Omnivirex wrote:Thank you the Support and fast Debugging,

with the latest Firmaware for the Titan two the Wireless Adapter works great. Fast response, no lags, no disconnects.
I managed to remap my back paddels on my elite controller and shut off the anoying popup of the sharescreen.
This is a workaround but i needs still a fix on itself.
I have one issue wich i had not with device max plus. When the ps4 controller is plugged in for authetification its permanentely on and vibrated simultaniuosly with my xbox controller.
Is it posslily to fix this porblem without shuttig of vibration completly.
The other question and reaquest at same time .
Is it possible to implement the Addons like max maper vor titan one for gtuner ? It is anoyning to programm it myself.
There are also several games wich use split touchpad for the ps4 controller to extend menue funktion.
A game like metal gear survie even splits the touchpad in four parts.
It would be nice to able to remap these for xb1 and xb1 elite controller with combinations.

Thank you again for the fast respone and support.

Glad you were able to get everything working. The friendliness and fast response of this community and in particular the direct involvement of the guy who makes it all was a big part of the reason I got this and returned the competing product. I know it may seem like a bit more work at first, but I think you'll see soon enough that it's relatively easy to get results on your own with help here when needed.

As to your first question, just go into device configuration and turn off FFB for the port you have your authentication ds4 plugged into. For your second question, I'm not 100% certain what you're asking, but I'd recommend looking into what bonefisher has provided with his Xbox elite fix header that can be included in and script. In fact, I'd really recommend looking into all of his work as it is shared freely and is incredibly useful/educational.
f00lio
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you guys for the feedback and support. :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device