Titan Two Device API status?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan Two Device API status?

Postby goldenfly » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi J2Kbr and fellow titan elites:

Long time lurker, few time poster. I was wondering if there is any progress made on the Titan Two API? Last forum activities suggest that it was not prioritized as of Dec 17.

I've been trying to hack up some exciting research that applies state-of-the-art Deep Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning methods to modern console games. Kind of like what Google DeepMind did for Atari game, but applied to Destiny 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, etc. While I now have programmatic control over Xbox One via Titan One in Python, it's buggy as often the Titan One device seemingly freezes and needs to be unplugged and replugged into the console to reset. I suspect it might be because my Python code is not bypassing controller input to console output fast enough (e.g. < 1kHz). But also I've seen this kind of freezing issue just playing with the gamepad via Titan One; sometimes it would just freeze for no reason. In fact, my first Titan One device did this more and more over time, and finally overheated and stopped working altogether. All this to say that I'm hoping that my Titan Two would be a more responsive and reliable solution for my use cases.

I would really appreciate any updates you guys have as for the Titan Two API.

Cheers;

MiMiC
goldenfly
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Titan Two Device API status?

Postby Lollie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 am

I'd also love to know if there's any updates on the Device API, or a rough idea of when we can expect it.

I recently figured out a relatively cheap daisy-chain solution to send keyboard/mouse input from the PC to a PS1, using Titan Two. It works great for games with digital controls, but I'd love to use PC-connected gamepads, so that games with analog controls can be supported as well.
Lollie
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:22 pm

I know hit is a very wanted feature. I am currently working on the tablet/smartphone App, please allow me finish this first. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby goldenfly » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:27 am

Hi J2Kbr:

Do you have any updates as to this feature?

Cheers.
goldenfly
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Actually yes. :) I have already started working on this. -- if everything went well this feature should be release in November.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby goldenfly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Amazing! Can't wait to try it out :)
goldenfly
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby goldenfly » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:32 pm

Happy holidays J2Kbr! Any news on this API? Thanks for all your hard work and the fun that Titan One+Two provides :)
goldenfly
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:03 am

goldenfly wrote:Happy holidays J2Kbr! Any news on this API? Thanks for all your hard work and the fun that Titan One+Two provides :)

Thank you. I have already started implement the API, it shouldn't take much longer to get it released. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DarthMaulInTheMall » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:22 pm

Wow this is EXACTLY what I'm trying to do. But I'm a little disappointed as of current. I might even try to look into returning this product for a refund because in the titan 2 description it does say:

"Keyboard and Mouse direct connected to the Titan Two, or redirected from the computer via Gtuner IV, are fully supported and can be used to play console games with an unprecedented level of configuration."

But I have not seen evidence of being able to do any such thing. The next step I would have to take is to somehow interface with a mouse via arduino board to detect mouse button press then try and rig up some sort of man in the middle to send generic mouse movement data to the titan 2.

which If I have to start messing with arduinos my efforts would probably just be better spent ardunioing the controller itself...
DarthMaulInTheMall
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:13 pm

DarthMaulInTheMall wrote:"Keyboard and Mouse direct connected to the Titan Two, or redirected from the computer via Gtuner IV, are fully supported and can be used to play console games with an unprecedented level of configuration."

DarthMaulInTheMall wrote:"But I have not seen evidence of being able to do any such thing

It does exactly that, what do you need help with?

All the steps were given in your previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13915&p=91803#p91793
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to Titan Two Device