Output text (pre-made messages) on chat?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Output text (pre-made messages) on chat?

Postby Sparky101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks for the input passarb. I don't really understand how to use this though. Would be great if there was an easier way to code text output to PS4... ;-)
Sparky101
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 am

Sparky101 wrote:Thanks for the input passarb. I don't really understand how to use this though. Would be great if there was an easier way to code text output to PS4... ;-)
you can have a toggle button to switch memory slots, to a new script that changes the output to USB Output Protocol HID, in this script, you would need to create a uint8 array filled with your desired text that you wish to send. example
Code: Select all
#include <keyboard.gph>
const uint8 text[]= { KEY_H, KEY_E, KEY_L, KEY_L, KEY_O };

Then run that array through the the set_key() function. Using a for loop, or a combo accordingly. And at the end of this script, have a function to switch memory slots, and change the output protocol back to your console.

I'm not to sure how this would work on the PS4, but I know it works for the Xbox, last I checked.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby passarb » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:16 pm

The script just lets me use the keyboard plugged into the PC without having to rewire my setup. I capture the keyboard in GTuner on the PC then with the script toggle the T2 output. So basically play with the controller and when I need to type a message, in the message box I press RB + A to switch the T2 output to HID and use the keyboard then press RB + X to switch hte T2 output back to xbox controller.

I'm not a coder, so there maybe a better way. I found this easier then typing with the controller. It's not pre made messages but I could diffidently see that being useful.

Sparky101 wrote:Thanks for the input passarb. I don't really understand how to use this though. Would be great if there was an easier way to code text output to PS4... ;-)
passarb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby passarb » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:22 pm

This looks very interesting...

Sillyasskid wrote:
you can have a toggle button to switch memory slots, to a new script that changes the output to USB Output Protocol HID, in this script, you would need to create a uint8 array filled with your desired text that you wish to send. example
Code: Select all
#include <keyboard.gph>
const uint8 text[]= { KEY_H, KEY_E, KEY_L, KEY_L, KEY_O };

Then run that array through the the set_key() function. Using a for loop, or a combo accordingly. And at the end of this script, have a function to switch memory slots, and change the output protocol back to your console.

I'm not to sure how this would work on the PS4, but I know it works for the Xbox, last I checked.
passarb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Titan Two Device