USB cable with loose connection -> T2 AU stuck

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

USB cable with loose connection -> T2 AU stuck

Postby Scachi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I have a USB cable with a loose connection (don't know if this is the right word), when I move the cable a bit the controller sometimes disconnects from the T2 with "AU" showing up on the T2 and a red INPUT-A led.
When I disconnect the controller and reconnect it the LED stays red.
Connecting the controller to INPUT-B will turn the INPUT-B LED red, T2 is still showing AU.
Sometimes the T2 drop out to E4 after staying in red led mode for some time (with the controller still connected).

This only seems to happen with newer controllers, ds4 from ps4pro and I can't tell the other version of the controller that does that as it is a evil controller and I can't find any numbers on it and don't want to open this one.

With older ones (jdm-010,jdm-030) I can't get the T2 to stay in AU mode / red led.
There it just connects again when I replug the usb cable or move it a bit again.

I know "replacing the cable" is the best option, but it should be able to reconnect with all version of the ds4 controller without going to a unresponsive state where I can only get it working again by removing the cables from the T2 (powercycling it) or going to P mode and leaving it again. I think this should be investigated.

I have added a github entry too: https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/148
I am on newest firmware 0.98.1.50 (released today).
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: USB cable with loose connection -> T2 AU stuck

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 am

As always thank you for adding to GitHub. I am aware that some of your requests there were made long time ago, but will be worked on eventually. :)

The difference from the new controller and the old model is the new one have an audio USB interface, maybe is on this interface where the issue is happening. The bad connection is putting the titan Two into an unrecoverable state, and the E4 can be due the Titan Two no being able to forward to the controller the audio data packets from the console, buffering in memory until running out of available memory, resulting in E4.

If can find a way to reproduce this issue, it would greatly help me debug and implement a recover procedure.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sparky101 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:00 am

Hi folks

I have kind of a similar problem, that may be easily reproducible.

My problem is that sometimes a physical movement of the USB cable in the PS4 controller (that is connected to Input A on T2) causes a red light on Input A on T2 (whereas it was previously green). Simultaneously, the PS4 controller stops working via the T2.

I have changed cables and controllers and the problem persists.

I currently have a 2m cable from PS4 to T2 (so that T2 can lay flat on side table next to me for convenience and stability in cable connections) and 3m cable from T2 to PS4 controller.

This problem often occurs when I put down the controller either on my lap or on the side table and the cable connection is given a slight jolt.

The workaround is to unplug the T2 USB cable from the PS4, wait 3 secs, reconnect cable to PS4, and press PS button on controller. The last step (press PS button on controller) is not always necessary.

This can be rather irritating when in the middle of heated match/battle, although I just try to be extra careful when handling the controller, especially when placing it down, but the problem happens at least once an hour for me currently.

So perhaps a way to reproduce the problem is try to wiggle the cable connected to the PS4 controller (especially by pushing gently up, as if have just placed controller on your lap) and see if Input A light changes from green to red. If not, quickly unplugging and re-plugging USB cable into PS4 controller.

It would be really great if the T2 were able to handle temporary disconnections (or electrical surges or whatever) on the PS4 controller side, rather than crashing.

PS I'm happy to help out with Beta testing if wanted.
Sparky101
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:54 am

Exactly. Bending the usb connector of the cable downward or in some direction a bit and keeping it in this direction for some time causes the T2 to loose connection. This seems to work with any cable to reproduce the issue with newer controllers.

My evilcontroller is no ps4pro controller (no lightbar visible through the touchpad)
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Sparky101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:30 pm

This bug appears to have been fixed in the last firmware update! Thanks!!!!!!! :joia: :smile0203: :smile0201:
Sparky101
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:08 am

Sparky101 wrote:This bug appears to have been fixed in the last firmware update! Thanks!!!!!!! :joia: :smile0203: :smile0201:

:joia: :joia: :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:01 am

Very cool. Works for me fine now with all of my controllers. Thank you very much !
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Sparky101 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Unfortunately, this problem is back again!

I definitely wasn't imagining it when it seemed to be fixed. I clearly remember the Input A light turning red (when I put the controller down) and then would turn back to green within 1 second. It worked for a whole day (or two) and then I stopped using the T2 for a while (perhaps a week) and thereafter the bug reoccurred all the time (as previously). I hadn't updated the firmware either (so that mightn't have been a causal factor).

I have since updated the hardware (today) and retested, but the problem persists.

Puzzling.
Sparky101
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Sparky101 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:54 pm

The following is a copy from another thread:

Need a way to auto-run in Kingdom Come Deliverance
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10584&p=74266#p74266

===============================================

Thanks J2Kbr! This script works BRILLIANTLY! :-)

The problem is that I can't really use it as (now I recall why I haven't been using the T2 for several months...) my T2 often stops working.

I reported the problem here previously...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9132&p=66531#p66531

Basically, the T2 is sensitive to any wiggling on the physical cable connection and a slight movement (especially the USB cable connection to the controller) can disable the T2 (and the "USB A" light turns red from green).

I was hoping for a fix where the T2, on detecting the problem automatically reconnects to the controller and automatically selects the previously selected memory slot.

There is a workaround for the issue which is to remove and reconnect the usb cable to the ps4; the problem with this is that you have to get out of your chair to do it, and it can occur literally every minute for me.

If you could fix this I'd really appreciate it as, to be honest, I can't really continue using my T2 the way it is now. Thanks.
Sparky101
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:43 am

Sparky101 wrote:Basically, the T2 is sensitive to any wiggling on the physical cable connection and a slight movement (especially the USB cable connection to the controller) can disable the T2 (and the "USB A" light turns red from green).

I am assuming you have already tried other USB cables to check if this solves the issue. And, does this also happens when using Input-B?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device