Is there error logging available to the prog port?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Is there error logging available to the prog port?

Postby awaxnova » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:50 pm

I'd like to gather more information add to why my t2 seems to reset and my controller briefly disconnects anytime I have the ps4 usb audio running...but stays happy if usb audio isn't selected as the audio interface.

I'm wondering if the reason for the momentary change in status lights, from green to red/off, are logged to a file I can access for more clues.
awaxnova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Is there error logging available to the prog port?

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Currently there is no error messages logging implemented on the production firmware.

Related with the issue you are describing, it was not clear for me if the "ps4 usb audio" is a separated device, or if you are referring to the controller headset. Please let me know. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby PoshLemur » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Actually I get this too, though for me there's no correlation between headset audio and disconnects.
My Titan 2 will sporadically disconnect (PS4 indicates the controller is unplugged) and then reconnects half a second later. This doesn't happen very often for me though, and I haven't seen any pattern to it.

I haven't been able to determine why yet - first hunch is maybe a CPU load issue with some KBM script I'm trying to optimize.

That or the authorization code is changing in the PS4 controller and the T2 is just a few microseconds too slow at updating. Though I have no idea how that actually works, I'm just guessing here.

Just wanted to add that awaxnova isn't the only one getting this. I do notice that sometimes the CPU load increases significantly when using my headset via the controller connected to the Titan 2 which might lend some weight to my first hunch.
My github account: [link]
PoshLemur
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:38 am

First I would suggest try use the device without any script loaded to check if the disconnection happens. this will help determine if the cause is the script or not.

Side note: The Titan Two have implemented what is called "watchdog", whenever the execution flow is stopped for over 500ms the watchdog will automatically reset the device. this can be tested with a simple script like this:
Code: Select all
init { for(;;); }

This script is just a infinite loop, which will stop the micro-controller causing device reset after 500ms.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device