Macros question for Xbox One

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Macros question for Xbox One

Postby Prince » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 pm

When recording your controller movements for a macro, can the titan two record the thumb stick movements on Xbox One? Also is a micro SD card necessary to record a macro?

I've been wanting to record a macro of me doing a single run of farming mobs in Elder Scrolls Online, and then have that run repeat over and over again. In order to do so the titan two would need to be able to record my Movements with the thumbsticks, is this possible?
Prince
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Macros question for Xbox One

Postby Sillyasskid » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Yes the Macro Recorder, can record every input on the controller. including the thumb sticks.

You do not need a Micro SD card to record a macro, You can record a macro by navigating to the Device Manager in Gtuner, and pressing the REC button located at the bottom right.

To stop the recording, you just need to press the STOP button.

You can then press the SAVE button, if you are satisfied with the recording, or press the REC button again, if you wish to record a new macro.

However You will need a micro SD Card if you wish to playback the macro using the Titan Two. Without a Micro SD card you are limited to only recording macros, and editing the macro files (*.gmk) in the macro editor you can manually convert sections of your macro to a GPC combo.

The combo can be pasted directly into your script.
This can be an alternative method for playing back your macro without a Micro SD card. Just don't be expecting to convert a long macro to a GPC combo.

Optionally, the Titan Two can record a macro by it self, instead of using the device manager, this is done with a script. By using the macro_rec(), and macro_stop() functions respectively.
A Micro SD card is also required for this type of recording.

For comparison of the 2 recording methods.
The Device managers recording, has a resolution of 10ms.
The Titan Twos recording has a resolution of 1ms.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby Prince » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I will be getting an SD Card today. Is there any way to put the macro playback on an endless automatic loop so I don't have to press any buttons to have it repeat?
Prince
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Sillyasskid » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:03 am

Of course, the simplest way would be to install this script to a memory slot, and then load the memory slot to activate the macro. The macro will run, and repeat over and over.

To stop the macro. Just unload the memory slot..
Code: Select all
main{
   macro_run("macro1.gmk");
}

Just make sure the macro_run() function is actually calling the macro that is saved on the SD card.

In the script above I wrote "macro1.gmk" as example. Your macro may be named what ever you want. just as long as its under 8 characters,
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby Prince » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:49 am

The macro works, but for some reason my character never stays on track. Like I record and end the Marco in the same exact place, but my character doesn't go to the exact spots I went to in the recording, so he ends up just running into walls. Is there any way to fix this? I used the device manager to record btw, (Not sure how to use the other one).
Prince
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 am

One important factor that can change the precision in this case is the when the macro start running. I suggest start the macro in the game menu, for example before press the button to start the stage.

Please also be sure to enable the 1000Hz output polling rate on the device settings.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Prince » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:22 pm

I've tried starting the macro recording from the start screen and ending it there so my character is in the same position, and enabling the 1000Hz output, but it still seems to not go where I went when I recorded it.

I have a feeling that the device reader may be a little off when trying to record my stick movements. Is there any way I could control the stick movements with the buttons below for more precision in the device reader, while also being able to play a macro with the remapped buttons?

Left Stick X; 100 -> DPad Right
Left Stick X; -100 -> DPad Left
Left Stick Y; -100 -> DPad Up
Left Stick Y; 100 -> DPad Down
Right Stick X; 100 -> RB
Right Stick X; -100 -> LB
Right Stick Y; -100 -> RT
Right Stick Y; 100 -> LT

(I’m not sure If I put the arrow the right way around but I wanted to control the stick movements from the Dpad, Triggers and Bumpers)

Thank you guys for your help btw, I’m really new to all of this :)
Prince
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 am

Prince wrote:Is there any way I could control the stick movements with the buttons below for more precision in the device reader, while also being able to play a macro with the remapped buttons?

yes, here is how:
Code: Select all
main {
    // Left Stick X; 100 -> DPad Right
    if(get_val(BUTTON_13)) {
        set_val(STICK_2_X, 100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_13, 0.0);
    }
    // Left Stick X; -100 -> DPad Left
    if(get_val(BUTTON_12)) {
        set_val(STICK_2_X, -100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_12, 0.0);
    }
    // Left Stick Y; -100 -> DPad Up
    if(get_val(BUTTON_10)) {
        set_val(STICK_2_Y, -100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_10, 0.0);
    }
    // Left Stick Y; 100 -> DPad Down
    if(get_val(BUTTON_11)) {
        set_val(STICK_2_Y, 100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_11, 0.0);
    }
    // Right Stick X; 100 -> RB
    if(get_val(BUTTON_4)) {
        set_val(STICK_1_X, 100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_4, 0.0);
    }
    // Right Stick X; -100 -> LB
    if(get_val(BUTTON_7)) {
        set_val(STICK_1_X, -100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_7, 0.0);
    }
    // Right Stick Y; -100 -> RT
    if(get_val(BUTTON_5)) {
        set_val(STICK_1_Y, -100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_5, 0.0);
    }
    // Right Stick Y; 100 -> LT
    if(get_val(BUTTON_8)) {
        set_val(STICK_1_Y, 100.0);
        set_val(BUTTON_8, 0.0);
    }
}

J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Prince » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 pm

I tried recording it while using the DPad and Triggers instead of the thumbsticks, and I've tried using "Macro_rec" to record also, but my character always doesn't go where I went when I recorded it. I always start and stop from the same exact place via the main menu, and I've tested it in other games and get the same result. Is there anything else I could try? Or is the Titan Two just not very accurate when recording movements?
Prince
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:48 am

How long is the macro you are creating? With the games I tested the macros were reproduced perfectly each time (tested with platform games such as Salt and Sanctuary). I have not yet tested with 3D games, which can have other factors that also should be take in consideration. I don't have ESO, but have Skyrim on PS3, will be testing with it.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device