Crash course on using the Input Translator

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan Two device.

Re: Crash course on using the Input Translator

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:09 pm

This message is not related with the actual keyboard. But trying to paste a keyboard mapping which is something else.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Max10 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:53 am

J2Kbr wrote:This message is not related with the actual keyboard. But trying to paste a keyboard mapping which is something else.

Does this mean that I did the wrong connection?
Max10
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:07 am

Check the connection on Gtuner's Device Monitor. At central area are the ports status. For example, if you connect the keyboard at Input-A, the field labeled USB-A should show something like HID:K, this means the Titan Two detect a HID keyboard device in that port.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby JermTheDude » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 pm

Can you use a single keyboard with input translator to send both keyboard inputs and controller inputs to the script?

So I'd have a macro on my keyboard programmed to send X, 1, T, 2, T
The input translator would convert the X to "Playstaion X button" and the T to (Playstation triangle button)
so the inputs become "Playstaion X button", 1,(Playstation triangle button), 2, (Playstation triangle button)

I'm trying to achieve the following while using USER101's Warzone Script
(Playstation X button) > sends X button to console > Loadout is equipped (in game)
1 > Tells the script I'm on preset 1
(Playstation triangle button) > sends triangle button to console > operator switches to secondary (in game)
2 > Tells the script I'm on preset 2
(Playstation triangle button) > sends triangle button to console > operator switches to primary (in game)

Alternatively is there anyway i could stack a script on top of USERS101's warzone script to do the same thing when i pressed the 9 key?
JermTheDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:53 pm

JermTheDude wrote:Can you use a single keyboard with input translator to send both keyboard inputs and controller inputs to the script?

Yes. :smile0517:

JermTheDude wrote:So I'd have a macro on my keyboard programmed to send X, 1, T, 2, T
The input translator would convert the X to "Playstaion X button" and the T to (Playstation triangle button)
so the inputs become "Playstaion X button", 1,(Playstation triangle button), 2, (Playstation triangle button)

Create a new GIT file and open it on Gtuner's Input Translator editor. Click on "Keyboard Mapping" and then on the button "Create a new key map". In the left combo-box select the keyboard key (e.g. 'X') and on the right combo-box the controller button which that key should be mapped to (e.g. "Cross" or "BUTTON_16").
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby JermTheDude » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:33 am

ty sir
the input translator is very easy to understand i was more concerned that the script would no longer recognize my non-controller inputs but sounds like that's a non issue
JermTheDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:33 am

JermTheDude wrote:ty sir
the input translator is very easy to understand i was more concerned that the script would no longer recognize my non-controller inputs but sounds like that's a non issue

you are welcome :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Aos_Si » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:53 am

Having read through this thread twice I'm still non the wiser as far as being able to use the input translater. I'm sure it's an excellent guide for people who can understand it. Unfortunately, I'm not in that group. I would like to be able to map my DS4 key binds for Elite Dangerous to my X52 Hotas. Alas, I suspect that the impressive Titan 2 may be beyond my wit.
Aos_Si
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:22 am

Aos_Si wrote:Having read through this thread twice I'm still non the wiser as far as being able to use the input translater. I'm sure it's an excellent guide for people who can understand it. Unfortunately, I'm not in that group. I would like to be able to map my DS4 key binds for Elite Dangerous to my X52 Hotas. Alas, I suspect that the impressive Titan 2 may be beyond my wit.

Please check the guide made by the user phillow:
viewtopic.php?p=105049#p105049
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Aos_Si » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:39 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Aos_Si wrote:Having read through this thread twice I'm still non the wiser as far as being able to use the input translater. I'm sure it's an excellent guide for people who can understand it. Unfortunately, I'm not in that group. I would like to be able to map my DS4 key binds for Elite Dangerous to my X52 Hotas. Alas, I suspect that the impressive Titan 2 may be beyond my wit.

Please check the guide made by the user phillow:
viewtopic.php?p=105049#p105049

There are a couple of things that I can't understand: a) How to get the hat button on the thrust controller (left stick) to work. b) how to use input translater. If I just copy what phillow has done it doesn't work, I get different actions than I would epect in the game.

Please understand that my computer literacy is low in comparison to the people who use this forum. I have zero coding knowledge, I don't even know what many of the acronyms and abreviations mean.
Aos_Si
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and FAQs