CM v2 upgrade to Titan

Gtuner Pro general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

CM v2 upgrade to Titan

Postby esistgut » Tue May 23, 2017 11:09 am

Yeah I know, blasphemy, your are probably right but I'm new to these devices and I just bought a used CM V2 device on eBay just to discover it is just an effing brick because the f*****s who made it refuse to provide a firmware upgrade tool after july 2016 so there is no way to use it, their software just say "device disconnected". Sending it across the globe just for them to provide a MANUAL upgrade is out of discussion, that would cost me more than buying a new one.
So out of desperation I've been googling for an old version of the software, discovered Gtuner and the whole history behind the Titan devices so I won't be buying CM products in the future, that is certain.
Just to try a moonshot I downloaded and executed the current Gtuner and to my surprise it actually recognizes the device better than the damn CM s****y version but it says "The device serial number is NOT Gtuner licensed. Please contact our support team." and then it proceed to print the device serial number.
So my question is: can I purchase an upgrade from a CM v2 to a Titan One firmware or the license to use the device on Gtuner? Or is there any other way to tell the Gtuner software "I despise them too but please help me".

P.S.: guess you know how bad a company is when their customer ask for support to its main competitor, for god's sake...
Last edited by esistgut on Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esistgut
Corporal
Corporal

Re: device v2 upgrade to Titan

Postby esistgut » Tue May 23, 2017 11:13 am

Ok, I guess I'm a little bit sleepy, did not notice you are already selling this, sorry.
esistgut
Corporal
Corporal

Re: device v2 upgrade to Titan

Postby esistgut » Tue May 23, 2017 12:56 pm

I bought the license and was able to use an Xbox 360 controller on my PS3 but I can't get the device to work on Xbox One S and PS4. On XB1S the authentication seems to work but when I connect the Xbox 360 controller (the same I tested on PS3) I get no input and the XB1 controller I used to do the auth is still working. On PS4 I get and E on the dongle when I connect the Dualshock4 for the authentication.
Tested automatic and XB1/PS4 specific output protocols.
The last firmware available is version 1.65 (2015-05-18) and I guess without a new firmware I'm not going to get this thing to work :ashamed:
esistgut
Corporal
Corporal

Re: CM v2 upgrade to Titan

Postby antithesis » Wed May 24, 2017 3:59 am

Silly question, but are you plugging your controllers into the CM via a USB cable?

If the XB1 / PS4 controllers aren't wired to the CM during authentication, they're obviously bypassing it.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby esistgut » Wed May 24, 2017 3:34 pm

antithesis wrote:Silly question, but are you plugging your controllers into the CM via a USB cable?

If the XB1 / PS4 controllers aren't wired to the CM during authentication, they're obviously bypassing it.

Yes, I am: I plug the CM into my PS4, it asks for authentication (A-U), I connect the DS4 to the CM using a USB cable, it shows an "E" on the display.
On the XB1S I don't get the E, but when I unplug the XB1 controller and plug another controller (for example the XB360 controller) it does not work and the XB1 controller keeps working wireless.
esistgut
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed May 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi esistgut, I am sorry for all this. -- Unfortunately the Gtuner Pro license enables only an old version of the firmware. You possible have the new ps4 controller, which is not supported by this version. The Titan One firmware is not compatible with your device due hardware differences. Please PM me the PayPal transaction id, so I can refund you. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Pro Support