error code E 2

Gtuner Pro general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

error code E 2

Postby wazo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:58 am

I suddenly started getting this error and don't know what to do. the titan one is blinking E and 2 when i try to reset it or use it on my PS4.
I've seen posts that this is error is related to the device being not genuine but I've had it for over a year i think and this never happened.
wazo
Corporal
Corporal

Re: error code E 2

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:13 am

As first troubleshot procedure, please re-flash the firmware using the recovery mode, as explained here: http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/firmw ... y_mode.htm

It may be necessary double press the reset button to enter in the programing mode (P).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby wazo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:30 am

i get the error when i reflash so this doesn't fix it for me
wazo
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:34 am

Sorry, the error E2 is preventing you to re-flash the firmware, or you were able to re-flash and the error persists after that?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby wazo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:42 am

its preventing me from reflashing
wazo
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:51 am

wazo wrote:its preventing me from reflashing

ok, so you are not being able to get the device enter in programming mode (show P on the display).

I assume, when you press the reset button, the device keep showing the up-and-down animation. What you should do is double press the reset button very quickly, to get the device to enter in Programing mode.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby wazo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:29 am

i get it on P and i do the firmware update. then when that finishes i get a flashing P and U.

it says firmware version incompatible .. the firmware installed is in recovery mode and it needs be reflashed. so i click ok to launch the firmware update wizard and as its entering programming mode i end up with E2 on my led and it says device not found on my pc asking me if i want to retry.

i can only continue by pressing the reset button and making my led on P but end up where i started with E2 when i program the device or try to use it with my ps4.
Last edited by wazo on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
wazo
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:44 am

Okay, Thank you for the detailed explanation. Please PM me the serial number of your device, so I can further check.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pbear17104 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:00 am

I just brought the Titan One. Originally I did the firmware update, it didn't go through the first time. But then by the third time I think it updated. But then I had to leave, and when I came back and plugged in the dongle into PC nothing appeared on the LED screen. I followed the instructions to put the Titan One back into firmware recovery mode by pressing the reset button on the back of the dongle...but instead of it saying a P on the LED screen, it has a solid E with a dot above and below it. I try to update the firmware but it says no device is connected and my computer doesn't even recognize the dongle as hardware.
pbear17104
Private
Private

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Welcome to our forums. It seems the device's bootloader got corrupted. Please contact the retailer you purchased the device to request a replacement. Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Gtuner Pro Support