Guitar Hero Live Controller Support

Gtuner Pro general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Guitar Hero Live Controller Support

Postby iMattz01 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if you guys could add a support for GH Live guitar peripheral. The button layouts are quite different from all the current devices that works with the Titan One. I can play the game with the GH Live wireless receiver hooked up to the Titan One. But I cannot record/playback the buttons I pressed. The device monitor doesn't even pick up the buttons I press on the controller. :icon_frown:

There is an Achievement/Trophy for doing 1 million strums and not being able to playback a recording will make it a major grind. :icon_frown:
iMattz01
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Guitar Hero Live Controller Support

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Welcome to our community.

iMattz01 wrote:I can play the game with the GH Live wireless receiver hooked up to the Titan One. But I cannot record/playback the buttons I pressed. The device monitor doesn't even pick up the buttons I press on the controller.

Okay, this is an indication the Titan One is not actually receiving any data from the wireless receiver. My guess you controller still, some how, synced with the console and the data is not passing thru the Titan One, over usb.

Please give us more details, such the connections you have (eg. Titan One on the console by the output connector, wireless receive on the Titan One input port, etc). Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby iMattz01 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Welcome to our community.

Please give us more details, such the connections you have (eg. Titan One on the console by the output connector, wireless receive on the Titan One input port, etc). Thanks.

Thank you.

My connections looks like this: Xbox One -> Titan One (thru USB) -> GH Live Wireless Receiver (For Xbox One in Titan One USB) -> Micro USB (From Titan One to PC) -> GTuner Pro 3.50 (Detects Titan One "Connected" with Firmware version 2.42)
iMattz01
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:37 pm

thanks for the info. The GH Live Wireless Receiver is for Xbox 360? when you connect it to the Titan One, does the bottom dot turns off? or the display show an blinking 'E'?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby iMattz01 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:46 pm

No, the Receiver is for the Xbox One. The Titan One displays normally with the slot numbers. A blue light while being on 0 and red light for anything 1 and above (loaded scripts). When I open up GTuner's Device Manager, it shows Xbox One buttons but none of them are registering as being pressed. I believe the way the made the guitar controller has something do to with it. The in game buttons are numbered instead of be color coded.
iMattz01
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Got it ... thanks for the detailed info. Okay, you are right, looks like the HID report for this controller is not the same of an regular Xbox One controller. this means we need add support for this controller on the firmware. The only way to do that is having this controller in hands to study the HID report and make the proper normalization of the values.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby iMattz01 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:04 pm

No problem. I see, so this won't be addressed for quite sometime, I'm guessing. Thanks for speedy responses.
iMattz01
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:43 am

iMattz01 wrote:No problem. I see, so this won't be addressed for quite sometime, I'm guessing. Thanks for speedy responses.

If I can have access to this controller add support for it would be something really simple that could be done in couple hours. I will check if some friend have it, or if I can rent.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby omega_cup » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:03 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
iMattz01 wrote:No problem. I see, so this won't be addressed for quite sometime, I'm guessing. Thanks for speedy responses.

If I can have access to this controller add support for it would be something really simple that could be done in couple hours. I will check if some friend have it, or if I can rent.

Any news or progress on this one?
omega_cup
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:59 pm

I have not yet purchased the Guitar Hero controllers, there is not much user's demand for this support at the moment.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Pro Support