Can we get the same Aim Assist for T1?

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Can we get the same Aim Assist for T1?

Postby warbeast5000 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Not sure if anyone's seen this video yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BJtPf1VMXg

I'm interested in a decent AA for titan 1 as well.
warbeast5000
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby gsw510 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:24 am

Can we get this please?
gsw510
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:12 am

Don't read too much into the videos. CoD games have an insane amount of AA. I've had a look at the AA code of the earlier GPC iterations of the gamepack and it doesn't do anything more than quickly wiggle or circle around a small deadzone in an attempt to get the reticle to stick to a target. If there's any positive effect, it's negligible.

Note that the mod only activates when he's ADS, you'll see what it does in a few of the longer ADS instances. In this version, it's simply wiggling the stick left and right. There's nothing happening in HIP, which is where a lot of the kills come from, nor is there any obvious effect when a target's already effectively locked by the game's AA.

If you want the AA mod, have a look on the CM forums. You'll find the code in some of the CoD and BF scripts, along with an older non-gamepack v2 or v3 of the AA script.

The v5 AA mod was poor at best with a Xim, which is the primary target control method. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the time or effort in the testing I've done with the mod. That said, a Xim has less AA pull than a pad, so you might get something out of it using a controller, but I doubt it'll be a lot better, if at all, compared to not using the mod.

I've written something for T1 that emulates the different modes of the v5 script and allow for greater fine-tuning as well as integrated anti-recoil, but I'm yet to be convinced that a) it actually works and b) it's more beneficial than the annoying wiggle it creates. I'll keep experimenting when I get the time and if it proves useful, I'll publish the script.

If you want AA for T2, try the Shooterz mod pack or the BF1 pack. I'm yet to give it a go myself, I might do that tonight to see if there's anything I've missed.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MyItchyBum » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 pm

antithesis wrote:I've got all three variants working -

1. Circular rotation
2. Side-to-side
3. Downward circular spiral

I *think* it's the same thing as the CM gamepack. Whether it's truly effective or not is up for debate...

I don't know how much effect this has on AA because it's stupidly high already and the reticle gets dragged across the screen like the demo video regardless of the script.

I'll polish the script and upload to the Library when ready.

Where do I find it? I looked under your name (*https://www.consoletuner.com/gpclib/?a=6901*) but I cannot find it.
MyItchyBum
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby MyItchyBum » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:54 am

MyItchyBum wrote:
antithesis wrote:I've got all three variants working -

1. Circular rotation
2. Side-to-side
3. Downward circular spiral

I *think* it's the same thing as the CM gamepack. Whether it's truly effective or not is up for debate...

I don't know how much effect this has on AA because it's stupidly high already and the reticle gets dragged across the screen like the demo video regardless of the script.

I'll polish the script and upload to the Library when ready.

Where do I find it? I looked under your name (*https://www.consoletuner.com/gpclib/?a=6901*) but I cannot find it.

Hi, any updates on this?
MyItchyBum
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Read 3 posts above. I've also tried bonefisher's T2 AA code and I'm unconvinced that there's anything beneficial going on. If anything, it's harder to keep track of a moving enemy, but maybe that's just me.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 pm

I will add my 2 cents. Aim Assist (AA) can be a good feature for some games that are more AI based. For multiplayer gaming with games such as Call of Duty (COD), I have tried various aim assist methods over the years and they really do not work well. The aim assist is already strong for console games.

Every game has a different style of aim assist. For example, BO3 AA was triggered when the player was moving their feet (left joystick). To get the best from BO3 aim assist, you need to straff back and forth. In general straffing in a great method to learn because it helps to when gun fights. You don't need a script for this. In fact, I tried developing straffing scripts which just caused more problems than it helped.

Xclusive Ace BO3 Aim/Target Assist

The other main type of AA is demonstrated by the video within this topic. It basically is activated as enemies are within your sights. I have tried scripts with these AA as well. Guns typically have moderate to high recoil; therefore, you have to actively adjust aiming to compensate. Scripts typically cause problems with recoil compensation.

Bottom line: I would much rather find a good recoil compensation (aka anti-recoil) for multiplayer online play.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby antithesis » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:53 am

Playing around with sensitivity is another option - AA is stronger at lower sensitivity values. The flipside is you're also slower to turn, but that can be countered using T1/T2 scripting.

As a m/kb player, although strafing is integral to both my offensive aim and defensive evasion, I don't find it helps at all with AA. This is because WASD is digital (0 or 100, vs 0 to 100 for analog) and cuts straight through AA. I barely notice it, except in extreme instances of reticle yank where a foreground opponent drags it away from a mid-range target.

Higher analog AA is why many Xim gamers prefer Nav controllers over keyboards. It's also why there's been a movement towards lower mouse DPI (3000-ish) for stronger AA, though the benefit again is arguable.

I've been experimenting with left-stick interpolation for a more analog WASD feel to see if that helps with aim assist, as well as the obvious benefit to corner-peaking, which is far more difficult with a kb. Early experimentation has been positive, but there are downsides as well, like slower strafing, however there are ways around that too.

In my experience, AA-enhancing mods are snake-oil, which is why I haven't posted the script. The reticle wiggle tosses aim off far more frequently than it helps...if it helps.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MyItchyBum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:37 pm

I have tried the CM aim assist, but I am not convinced either. Hence I wanted to try the AA from this community as well. In my opinion, the aim assist is almost seen as the holy bible for noobs who think that this mod will finally get them some (more) kills.

If you are using the in game target assist properly you can exploit this with movement (and movement mods like jumping) because it is activated when you are moving. So this AIM ASSIST MOD appears attractive to the noobs that sit in corners aiming down the site, because all of sudden their gun slightly moves whenever an Enemy passes by.

I must admit, it sticks very well to kills streaks though, even to the point that it gets you killed, because although you were trying to aim at the enemy your gun gets pulled away because of some stupid scarab.

So in short people: the Aim Assist WILL NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER. And it is NOT an AIM BOD. If you are not already good at aiming, you will not even notice that the AA mod is activated. Therefor most users also complain that they can`t notice any difference when they are using Aim Assist; they suck at aiming so how can aim ASSIST do them any good? Aim Assist will help you to STAY ON target and not to you GET ON target.

That said, so even if you are ON TARGET, you will find that this AA MOD will not be effective on the majority of the enemy players you encounter. The opposite even, in my experience it does not stick good enough but the mods prevents you from correcting your aim manually, so your gun will drag after the enemy causing you to miss even more bullets.

I was curious about the latest version of the AA mod (to see if it has improved) but they are not publishing the code anymore and I can`t play with those crappy standard gamepacks. I am curious as well about the code from antihesis, but so far, all the Aim Assists versions I have tried are only making it more difficult to stay on target and have no added value at all. The opposite even, as I mentioned before.
MyItchyBum
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby MyItchyBum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:48 pm

PS: I am btw happy to test your code antihesis, I will only use it for that purpose only. If it is any better I will let you know. Maybe yours is better, who knows, and if so, it might be worth developing it further. But I guess it will be the same, if not, worse (based on your descriptions).
MyItchyBum
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Previous

Return to GPC1 Script Programming