Please help me :-) the last of us script combo

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Please help me :-) the last of us script combo

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi, Thanks for your message. The combo is basically the same as posted in the beginning of this topic. Here is part related to this "glitch". Please keep me updated about what do you think.

Code: Select all
main {

if(event_release(fire_button) && get_ptime(fire_button) < 140) {
        combo_run(QuickRifleLoad);
    }

}

combo QuickRifleLoad {
    wait(80);
    set_val(GAME_RIGHT, 100);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_RIGHT, 0);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 100);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 0);
}
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Batman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:16 am

works great for me thank u :-) jihaaaaaa
Batman
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:01 am

J2Kbr wrote:Hi, Thanks for your message. The combo is basically the same as posted in the beginning of this topic. Here is part related to this "glitch". Please keep me updated about what do you think.

main {

if(event_release(fire_button) && get_ptime(fire_button) < 140) {
        combo_run(QuickRifleLoad);
    }

}

combo QuickRifleLoad {
    wait(80);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_RIGHT, 0);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 100);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 0);
}

Jefferson,

Couple of things. 1) This is the right button combination, but you need to actually have 2 sets of RIGHT, LEFT buttons in the combo as follows:
combo QuickRifleLoad {
    wait(80);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_RIGHT, 0);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 100);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 0);
    wait(40);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_RIGHT, 0);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 100);
    wait(40);
    set_val(GAME_LEFT, 0);
}

With this button combo, you can execute this glitch faster even though there are more button presses and more wait() commands.

2) This is a note that should be placed with the gamepack. This glitch works especially well for the Hunting Rifle, but it *requires* the first or second level upgrades to work. If you use this without having either upgrades in a match, it won't work and will just mess you up.

3) It might be useful to put an if-statement before this that activates the loop only if the GAME_LEFT button was pushed prior to the trigger. This combo would mess things up if you were out of ammo on the hunting rifle and were using a pistol or if you were trying to throw a bomb or molotov (up or down on the dpad).

Cheers!
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:50 am

Batman wrote:works great for me thank u :-) jihaaaaaa

you are welcome!! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:52 am

@ perfecthuntr Thanks a lot for the observations!! Shortly I'll updating the gamepack following your instructions! :joia:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Batman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:57 am

hmm now playing after a few hours i must say that is not always working perfektly. it is not so easy pressing the fire button so fast that is working. is it possible that the amount of time is longer for pressing the button? or if pressed the shot button while holding l 2 is run this combo and fully pressed like holding is run rapidfire? the second problem is. but i dont know if its possible to manage, even if he changes in the combo really fast the weapons he not always shot direktly if i press the shot button again. i mean after doing this combo he need time before he can shot again and even if i press really fast the shot button again he ignores it or changes again the weapons but do not shot. is it possible to optimize this combo that he can really fast change the weapons and can again shot really fast? i use this combo with the frontier rifle not with the hunting rifle. thank u for your support
Batman
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:41 pm

The gamepack is updated, following perfecthuntr's suggestions.

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/the_last_of_us.htm
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby perfecthuntr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:59 pm

J2Kbr wrote:The gamepack is updated, following perfecthuntr's suggestions.

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/the_last_of_us.htm

You may also want to add get_val(PS4_L2) to the loop with combo_run() in it because this game uses R2 to reload. Additionally, @Batman was asking to have the ptime increased slightly because he couldn't get it to fire every time. Also, since he says he uses this for the Frontier Rifle (I thought it was the Hunting Rifle from his original description), I may need to do some more testing with the timings to get it tuned correctly. That gun may only require one weapon switch (RIGHT and LEFT d-pad).

I'll keep you updated on my end.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:25 am

So there is a glitch with the Frontier Rifle, but it does not increase the fire rate as dramatically as the Hunting Rifle one (which requires a different button combo). I tweaked the timing of each wait() command in these combos to get them to work every time, and I've adjusted how the combo is activated. You will want to be aiming and *holding* down the shoot button for these to make sure that it will fire the second shot faster and automatically (while holding down the shoot button like rapid fire).

main {
    if (get_val(PS4_L2) && get_val(PS4_R2)) {
        set_val(PS4_R2, 0);
        combo_run(frontier);
    }
    else if (combo_running(frontier)) combo_stop(frontier);
}

combo frontier {
    set_val(PS4_R2, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_RIGHT, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_LEFT, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(860);
}

combo hunting {
    set_val(PS4_R2, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_RIGHT, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_LEFT, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_RIGHT, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_LEFT, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(300);
}

Obviously, I've not really tweaked this to be selectable for either of the weapons, but they both work. The Frontier Rifle saves 230 milliseconds while the Hunting Rifle saves 490 milliseconds compared to just using a rapid fire mod. You could set the Hunting Rifle combo up as another mod on the GamePack if you wish. Please note, the Frontier Rifle one does not require any weapon upgrades as I stated before. I was under the impression that the Hunting Rifle was the gun used in the glitch @Batman requested. If you want to add the Hunting Rifle combo, you will have to keep the statement that says "Note: you must have the weapon upgraded to Level 1 or Level 2 in a match for this glitch to work"

Also, I've perfected my Shorty glitch and have decided to post it here as well. This could be added if you wish, but this one should only be activated if PS4_RIGHT was the last d-pad button pushed (since the Shorty is a pistol). This one saves a WHOPPING 620 milliseconds compared to just using rapid fire, but the recoil can be difficult to manage. You will also need a statement that says "Note: you must have a Health Kit in your inventory for this glitch to work". Also, it should be noted that the game developer says that they are going to patch this very soon.

combo shorty {
    set_val(PS4_R2, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_UP, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(30);
    set_val(PS4_RIGHT, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(280);
    set_val(PS4_R2, 100);
    wait(50);
    wait(2600);
}

As an example of each of these glitches, I have uploaded some YouTube videos showing them in action. You can see them here:
Frontier Rifle - saves 0.23 seconds compared to rapid fire alone
Hunting Rifle - saves 0.49 seconds compared to rapid fire alone
Shorty - saves 0.62 seconds compared to rapid fire alone
but please don't share these videos.

Cheers! :joia:
Last edited by perfecthuntr on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:13 pm

thanks so much! Alright, here is my idea, please tell if you think it will work ...

Add all three combos to the gamepack, where you can select one to be activated by "taping" the fire button, as we have right now, so the rapidfire can also be used. Or, in the rapidfire selection, choose one of the combos as well, to run in a no-ending loop while holding the fire button.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to GPC1 Script Programming