Please help me :-) the last of us script combo

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Please help me :-) the last of us script combo

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:17 pm

J2Kbr wrote:thanks so much! Alright, here is my idea, please tell if you think it will work ...

Add all three combos to the gamepack, where you can select one to be activated by "taping" the fire button, as we have right now, so the rapidfire can also be used. Or, in the rapidfire selection, choose one of the combos as well, to run in a no-ending loop while holding the fire button.

I wrote my own script for this game, but I'm near the byte limit, so I only have the Shorty and Hunting Rifle combos added along with Rapid Fire and the other standard things like Auto Spot. The way that I activate these is independent of Rapid Fire, making my script pretty large. This way though, I could fire the Hunting Rifle with this combo but use a Revolver with rapid fire so I don't have to time each shot. I think these combos should be separated like that.

Regarding activating these combos with a quick tap of the trigger, I don't think that will work too well -- as @Batman stated, he was having problems timing the subsequent shots so that it would work as fast as possible. I've taken that into account in these combos that I wrote here, so the best way to use them is to have the combo_run() command inside an "if (get_val(PS4_L2) && get_val(PS4_R2))" statement. With that type of activation, you will hold down the aim and fire buttons and it will keep firing until you let go of either button. There's really no problem with having either (or both) of these mods enabled along with Rapid Fire, but you have to make sure that these are not running at the same time as Rapid Fire. I think you can do that just by moving these mods further down in the main loop and checking 2 extra boolean variables at the Rapid Fire mod combo_run() statement.

ADDITIONALLY these need to be enabled and disabled according to the following:

1. If PS4_UP or PS4_DOWN is pressed, don't let any of the 3 combos run (you don't want weapons switching if you're throwing a bomb or molotov)
  2. If PS4_LEFT is pressed, allow Hunting Rifle or Frontier Rifle to run but don't run Shorty (PS4_LEFT means that the primary weapon is selected, set PrimarySelected = TRUE, SecondarySelected = FALSE)
  3. If PS4_RIGHT is pressed, don't run Hunting Rifle or Frontier Rifle but allow Shorty to run (PS4_RIGHT means that the secondary weapon is selected, set PrimarySelected = FALSE, SecondarySelected = TRUE)

I'm not at my main computer for another couple of hours, but if you would like to work together on adding these to the gamepack, I'd be happy to continue via PM or Google Docs or something after I get back to look at my custom script. All of these mods should be able to be activated simultaneously, and I'm sure we can get them working correctly.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby Batman » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:20 am

i wish i could help but i dont have not really idea what you guys are talking bout :-D it is now that he changes the weapons two times for the frontier rifle it has to be one time and it has to be possible to shot direktly. is these already in the mod like in the videos? because i`m not able to shot like that. or is just not updated? im very gratefull you do these and take your time for :-)
Batman
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:51 am

These mods are not in the gamepack yet. The combo that I wrote was for the Hunting Rifle, so that is why the weapons change two times. J2Kbr updated the gamepack with this combo, so it will not work for the Frontier Rifle yet. I am going to work with him soon to have each of the 3 mods added to the gamepack. Check back in this thread to see when we update it. I'm hoping within the next 2 days.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby Batman » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:05 pm

cool
Batman
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 pm

alright guys, the Gamepack is now updated, following perfecthuntr's suggestions! For more details please check the Gamepack instruction page.

@perfecthuntr, thanks so much for helping us improve the Gamepack! :joia: :joia:

PS.: I didn't have change to test ingame. But it should be working, as in the Device Monitor everything seems to be okay.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby perfecthuntr » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 pm

J2Kbr wrote:alright guys, the Gamepack is now updated, following perfecthuntr's suggestions! For more details please check the Gamepack instruction page.

@perfecthuntr, thanks so much for helping us improve the Gamepack! :joia: :joia:

PS.: I didn't have change to test ingame. But it should be working, as in the Device Monitor everything seems to be okay.

@J2Kbr,

You need to change the Shorty reload to be enabled with D-Pad RIGHT since it is a small firearm. You also need to note that the Shorty reload mod requires a health kit to be in the inventory. I also sent you another PM. I'll be happy to test the gamepack and implement any fixes that it requires while you are busy with other ConsoleTuner things as you stated in the PM. Send me the code when you can!

EDIT -- They're also not going to work correctly right now. I looked at them under the Device Monitor, and the combos are going to need to have the fire button pressed automatically while holding it down. In the game, when you hold down the trigger it won't fire the gun again automatically, so I can add that in very easily since the combos from my script work the way I think is best.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Ok, thanks, I'm replying your PM right now!.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby perfecthuntr » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:21 am

@Batman,

I have modified the GamePack code and sent it to @J2Kbr to be published in the library. It will probably be a day or two before that happens, but keep your eyes peeled for it, and I bet he will post when this happens in this thread.

Happy Hunting,
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby Batman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:32 am

thank u very much :_)
Batman
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 am

@Batman,

The GamePack is updated. Please review the documentation here on how to activate these mods with all of the other things that you wish to use at the same time! Thank you for your suggestions and your help by providing one of these combos for us. We are glad to keep improving our GamePacks!

Regards,
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to GPC1 Script Programming