Last of Us Remastered PS4 Flashlight Recharge

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Last of Us Remastered PS4 Flashlight Recharge

Postby TacticalBacon00 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:11 am

I just purchased a Titan One and played a bunch of Bloodborne and Spelunky on PS4 with my XBone controller, but I started playing The Last of Us Remastered today and I can't seem to find a way to make the XBone controller do the shake action to recharge the flashlight in Last Of Us. I have no idea how to write the GPC action to shake the controller. Does anyone have experience with this, and how do you write the script to simulate accelerometer doing a shake action when the left stick is pressed?
TacticalBacon00
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Last of Us Remastered PS4 Flashlight Recharge

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm afraid this is a limitation we can't overcome with a script. The PS4 categorically refuses to "read" the touchpad position and motion sensor data over USB, which is the interface the Titan One utilizes to communicate with the console.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:18 pm

I've noticed this before during the single player story. I've had to remove the Titan One and play with the DS4 over bluetooth to get it to work. To re-pair your DS4 with your PS4, just plug it into a USB port on the front.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby TacticalBacon00 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:25 pm

J2Kbr wrote:I'm afraid this is a limitation we can't overcome with a script. The PS4 categorically refuses to "read" the touchpad position and motion sensor data over USB, which is the interface the Titan One utilizes to communicate with the console.

Well, that's disappointing.

Am I correct in my configuration for the easiest way to occasionally shake the controller that I currently have set up:
-Titan One plugged into my PS4
-Dualshock 4 #1 plugged in to the Titan One for handshake.
-Titan One connected to PC, to receive input from MaxAim DI
-XBone controller also plugged into PC to feed input to Titan One through MaxAim DI
-Dualshock 4 #2 sitting on the side, so every 5 minutes of gameplay, it can be wirelessly connected to shake, then revert back to the Titan One

I need 3 separate controllers, a Titan One, and a PC just to make it possible to shake my gyro occasionally? I might be missing something, but there's gotta be a better way. Maybe through plugins or a firmware update possibly?
TacticalBacon00
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:46 pm

No, I don't think you need that much. I'm not even sure if you need to use the PC with MaxAim. I believe that just prevents you from having to re-authenticate every 10 minutes. And, you can probably just plug in DS4 #1 to do the shaking when needed.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 pm

See if this works. NOTE - You may need to make sure that you set the OUTPUT PROTOCOL to PS4 instead of Automatic. I don't know if that's required or not, but it certainly won't help. This *should* work by pushing the left thumbstick in (L3 or LS) when prompted to shake the controller. If one push doesn't work, then push L3 a couple times.

Code: Select all
main {
    if (event_press(PS4_L3)) {
        combo_restart(flashlight);
    }
}

combo flashlight {
    set_val(PS4_GYROX, 100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROY, 100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROZ, 100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCX, 100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCY, 100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCZ, 100);
    wait(100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROX, -100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROY, -100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROZ, -100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCX, -100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCY, -100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCZ, -100);
    wait(100);
}

Also, I've seen a number of other complaints on various forums asking Naughty Dog to do something other than the shaking since people were having problems with 3rd party controllers. There has been no development on that, but I did see some people posting that you could simply pause the game and hit "Restart Encounter" to reset the flashlight "battery"
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby TacticalBacon00 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:53 pm

perfecthuntr wrote:See if this works. NOTE - You may need to make sure that you set the OUTPUT PROTOCOL to PS4 instead of Automatic. I don't know if that's required or not, but it certainly won't help. This *should* work by pushing the left thumbstick in (L3 or LS) when prompted to shake the controller. If one push doesn't work, then push L3 a couple times.

Code: Select all
main {
    if (event_press(PS4_L3)) {
        combo_restart(flashlight);
    }
}

combo flashlight {
    set_val(PS4_GYROX, 100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROY, 100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROZ, 100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCX, 100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCY, 100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCZ, 100);
    wait(100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROX, -100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROY, -100);
    set_val(PS4_GYROZ, -100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCX, -100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCY, -100);
    set_val(PS4_ACCZ, -100);
    wait(100);
}

Also, I've seen a number of other complaints on various forums asking Naughty Dog to do something other than the shaking since people were having problems with 3rd party controllers. There has been no development on that, but I did see some people posting that you could simply pause the game and hit "Restart Encounter" to reset the flashlight "battery"

I think you're definitely on the right track with how you are approaching this. Unfortunately, when I throw it in the GPC compiler and try to send it to the Titan One, it throws an error "There is an error in script: TLOU Test.gpc"

I did some fiddling with it and made sure that all brackets and statements were closed, but everything looks good. Hmm...
TacticalBacon00
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:09 am

That code worked for me without any errors or compiler warnings. Make sure you hit the SELECT ALL button at the top of the code block. Then, copy and paste that into a new GPC file. If you're using it in another GPC script, then you cannot have more than one main loop and your formatting has to be correct. Paste the whole code here if that's the case, and we can help with the formatting.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby TacticalBacon00 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:57 am

perfecthuntr wrote:That code worked for me without any errors or compiler warnings. Make sure you hit the SELECT ALL button at the top of the code block. Then, copy and paste that into a new GPC file. If you're using it in another GPC script, then you cannot have more than one main loop and your formatting has to be correct. Paste the whole code here if that's the case, and we can help with the formatting.

Alright, I was being dumb and left some other code in there. I removed all of that and left ONLY your code in. It compiled successfully, but it seems that the Titan One can see the gyro data, but the PS4 just won't accept it through the Titan..even with a real DS4 plugged in.

I don't think the problem is with your script, I think it's a limitation of the Titan One itself/what the PS4 will accept. I did see J2Kbr say something relating to this about 2 months back, but I was hoping that something had developed since then.

J2Kbr wrote:Correct, the Gyroscope is not yet supported (only shows 0). We didn't work on this feature yet because -honestly- no "relevant" game makes use if it. As soon as we need it, for sure it is something that we will be enabling on Titan One!! ;)

I guess the wait will continue for me and everyone else that needs help with this one particular problem. Thanks for all your help man! :smile0303:
TacticalBacon00
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:07 am

Well, we tried. What I saw J2Kbr say was that the PS4 doesn't even support those inputs over USB. My reason to think this is that it makes sure that you are using an authentic PS4 controller connected wirelessly (via bluetooth). I would say that is a pretty logical thing to assume, especially considering how the PS4 tries to constantly authenticate it's controllers (every 5-7 seconds). I don't think there is any way to do this other than with an official DS4 controller hooked up wirelessly to the PS4. Give it a shot with just the DS4 hooked up via USB.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Next

Return to GPC1 Script Programming