DESTINY - Titan Fun Pack

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: DESTINY - Titan Fun Pack

Postby Apocalypse » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:07 am

hey all, im using a xim4 with this pack but am having some issues with some settings (or maybe i just dont know how to use them?) primarily the titan skating and the auto melee. I know im supposed to hold jump to activate skating but for some reason it just doesnt kick in. the auto melee seems to not work either. The anti recoil pulls down a lot also but thats whatever. anyone have any ideas?
Apocalypse
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:29 am

Apocalypse wrote:hey all, im using a xim4 with this pack but am having some issues with some settings (or maybe i just dont know how to use them?) primarily the titan skating and the auto melee. I know im supposed to hold jump to activate skating but for some reason it just doesnt kick in. the auto melee seems to not work either. The anti recoil pulls down a lot also but thats whatever. anyone have any ideas?

At first glance it seems this is an button layout mismatching. The script seems to be configured to use the game default button layout, please check if that is what you have set in your game settings.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Apocalypse » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:15 am

yeah I always run default controller. that's why I'm confused.. the controller rumbles so i know its active but only some mods work while others dont. Auto melee and skating dont work but the rest do it seems.
Apocalypse
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby antithesis » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:19 am

Apocalypse wrote:yeah I always run default controller. that's why I'm confused.. the controller rumbles so i know its active but only some mods work while others dont. Auto melee and skating dont work but the rest do it seems.

All combos work. Read through the green comments in the script to understand how they work and if they have dependencies on other mods.

For example, skating relies on the stick position not being stationery. It also allows for single and double-presses of Jump as to not disrupt normal functionality. Hold the right analog stick in the direction you want to go, tap sprint if not using Auto-sprint, then hold Jump to skate.

Auto-melee is more complex as it ties into things like auto-Shoulder Charge, auto-melee after Shoot (no-scope mod), wombo combo etc.

As mentioned, it's best to read through the script to get the full picture of how it all works.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Apocalypse » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 am

i did read through them and read through them again because of what you wrote in case i missed something. maybe i just assumed it would be different or maybe i have to tweak them to my liking. i enabled the mods needed for these two things and maybe thought it was going to be different because im not noticing anything very drastic or not at all. hmm... i guess ill just have to sit down and try to mess with the script.
Apocalypse
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby antithesis » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:05 am

Auto-melee does a few things -

1. Holding melee will rapid-fire melee as the default behaviour. This is rarely used.
2. Auto-melee + no-scope + moving forwards or sidewards will automatically punch after shooting. Destiny's a bit funny about detecting a shot within melee range and will sometimes skip the shot and hit just the punch, so there's a define to tweak the timing.
3. Auto-melee + quick-scope + moving backwards has slightly different timing to allow for a defensive punch after a quick-scope snipe.
4. In the Hunter Fun Pack, auto-melee on a Nightstalker will toss a Wombo Combo by tapping grenade.
5. Auto-melee + no-scope on a Striker creates an auto-shoulder charge. Get the shoulder charge blur going, tap crouch, then shoot and you'll auto-shoulder charge. Here's an example -

Titan skate should be dead simple - hold your analog stick (or WASD) in the direction you want to travel, initiate sprint, then hold jump shortly thereafter. You should hear 3 short puffs to indicate the skate jumps and your Titan will move at a progressively faster pace (depending on terrain e.g speed builds quicker going uphill). Auto-sprint makes Titan Skate easier, but has quite a complex list of conditions to allow it to work properly (e.g while riding using a Sparrow) and interact with other mods (e.g using Sniper Mode without breaking ADS).

There's a tonne of stuff going on in the script and I advise trying one out at a time to wrap your head around the functionality. Everything's been debugged out the wahoo, so I know it all works (100+ hours went into the Destiny scripts) and there are defines to allow for load-out specific changes or to tweak the timing for mods.

What most people trip up on is the OPTIONS mod, which disables all mods while the character menu is open to prevent FUBARs like dismantling gear or rapid-fire Engram purchases. If the OPTIONS mod remains active when spawning into a map (due to the spaceship cutscene), stuff like Rapid-fire, Weapon Tracking and Titan Skate won't work. The script is looking for the Close menu action (tap Crouch) and that doesn't occur in this instance. Tapping Crouch, ADS or Shoot will re-enabled all mods.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Babushka » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Will you do a Titan Two version of this script?
I already tried converting it to T2 but I failed.
Scachi and J2kbr tried to help but it does not work.

I like this script very much. <3
Last edited by Babushka on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babushka
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Yes, there will be a Titan Two version, but it's not in the immediate future due to work and family commitments.

I have bigger plans for T2 scripts, so hold tight, it'll all be revealed in due time ;)
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bigboom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:53 pm

How well does the anti recoil work for XIM4 users now?
bigboom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby antithesis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 am

bigboom wrote:How well does the anti recoil work for XIM4 users now?

The AR I've integrated into this script is as good as it gets on Titan One for Xim4.

The alternatives either drop your reticle to the floor as soon as you move under the horizon, or don't account for both horizontal and vertical recoil. My code fixes both issues as well as separating AR for Primary ADS, Primary HIP, Special ADS and Special HIP.

Note that AR is not auto-aim and Destiny adds randomness to the bullet spread, so use with discretion.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to GPC1 Script Programming