DESTINY - Titan Fun Pack

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: DESTINY - Titan Fun Pack

Postby jizzone » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:49 am

I just want to take the opportunity to say wow just wow this script is amazing. i use this everyday without thinking. i use it with my warlock and bladedancer i do have some things to add to this

1. i wanna skate faster! :P
2. every now and then it loses it mind and disconnects or forget which rapid fire mod is on its like when i return to orbit it reset everything an i have to close the build and re input the mods i want.

With the hunter pack the shade step must be perfect an dual womb combo with 1 button would be awsum

With Warlocks rapid melee would be amazing for Add to dictionary and some type of tuning on the focus burst jump to make him move like a beast

once again you guys have fantastic and tbh ive gotten my friends to buy it and they love it..! GG GUYS
jizzone
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:17 am

1. Skate is deceptively quick - it's still plenty fast enough to kill you when hitting a wall. It's tuned for to be low to hit more Shoulder Charges in Crucible maps but can be tweaked in the TITAN SKATE defines section and is currently set to 25ms. Muck around with other values, but values in the range of 25-30ms were the fastest and most consistent by far.

The problem with skating is it's dependent on terrain, whereas a script needs to perform the same sequence the same way every single time regardless of terrain. I tested Titan Skate alone for at least a dozen hours to get it somewhere close to consistent and as fast as possible, but it's never going to be perfect. Bytecode's also a HUGE problem for Titan One scripts and we're all outta space.

2. That's not the script, it can't forget anything because the PVARs save the toggle states on-board the Titan One.

What is likely happening is mods are disabled when the OPTIONS menu is opened to prevent accidental weapon swaps in-game. But if you have that menu open when entering a game without pressing CROUCH to close it (which re-enables the mods), you can start a game with mods still disabled.

This happens to me pretty frequently and I thought the Titan One or script had bombed, but it's always because the OPTIONS menu is still open when the entering a map.

What I'll do is add conditions for ADS and SHOOT to disable the OPTIONS menu stuff, which should sort that out :)

3. The Hunter script is available now, I'll post Warlock once I figure out the skate timing. Shadestep is a simple hold CROUCH move, like Titan Evade without the JUMP. Rumble will indicate the cooldown. Hold GRENADE for 150ms for the Wombo Combo.

4. Follow-up melee after shooting is already in all scripts, but is dependent on moving forward or backwards to activate, so you can still hit a Special weapon shot without the follow-up melee while stationery or strafing in and out of cover. Enable auto-melee, no-scope and quick-scope to get it working.

Now that I've tied the follow-up melee attack to Special weapons, I might remove the moving forwards / backwards requirement as I'm constantly missing that follow-up insta-melee myself, which sucks in game modes like Supremacy. That will mess up Sniper and Sidearm play, but follow-up melee is really only intended for Shotguns, so the answer might be to only enable auto-melee while using a Shotgun build.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short -

I'll rework the OPTIONS code to re-enable all mods if ADS or SHOOT are pressed. That's safe as neither are used for menu navigation.

Skate is as good as it's going to get as it depends on terrain. I've included the ability to adjust the timing, so play with it.

I'll pull the forward / back movement conditions for auto-melee follow-up when Shotgunning. I'll need to test that it doesn't wreck the SHOOT > Shoulder Charge behaviour.

I'm also aware of auto-sprint causing issues when riding a Sparrow, but I may need more bytecode to fix it than is available. Removing some code for auto-melee might make room, I'll experiment and see what comes of it.
Last edited by antithesis on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:23 am

Alrighty then...

ADS and SHOOT will disable the OPTIONS flag if it's hanging around when a game starts with the menu open.

Auto-melee behaviour while using a Special weapon has been changed and triggers quicker. The issue there is you'll be air-swinging after every Primary shot if the gun flags come unstuck, but at least it'll be obvious. It can be changed to event_release rather than event_press, but the auto-melee triggers noticeably slower.

Sparrow auto-sprint juking has been fixed. Ride your Sparrow with impunity.

Titan Skate wait times have also been separated for more granular tweaking, but still feels best around 25-27ms for both. I don't think any change is required here - it's very easy to catch up to and kite from Guardians in the Crucible and 25-27ms keeps the Skate nice and low.

Version 1.7 has been tested and uploaded. I had to simplify the Sniper Mode sensitivity code to fit it in the Sparrow stuff, but it still works fine. Have fun Guardians.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Dagnammit...Sparrow's still borking. Will need to work on that some more :(
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby brucea382 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Quick question....dropped into patrol toggled everything on....all was good. When i dropped into PvP i couldn't get any one to work. So do i have to reset and toggle everything on again? Im new to the T1 so im still learning....thanks in advance. Also i like this script. Cant imagine how much time u spent on this....
brucea382
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mark45L6 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:29 am

Firstly, thanks for the great script, lots of cool features to have fun with.

I'm having an issue whereby sometimes it'll auto melee when I press 'shoot' and also have an issue when using auto-melee that it will randomly change from my primary weapon to special weapon automatically when I haven't pressed the change weapon button.

Any ideas what could be causing these issues?
Mark45L6
Corporal
Corporal

Postby antithesis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:37 am

Mark45L6 wrote:Firstly, thanks for the great script, lots of cool features to have fun with.

I'm having an issue whereby sometimes it'll auto melee when I press 'shoot' and also have an issue when using auto-melee that it will randomly change from my primary weapon to special weapon automatically when I haven't pressed the change weapon button.

Auto-melee by itself won't swap a weapon. You can toggle that with D-PAD UP + R1.
Auto-melee will only activate after Shoot if the no-scope trick shot is also enabled via D-PAD RIGHT + R2.

This combination is intended as a follow-up punch to a Shotgun blast to finish off an opponent and works great in modes like Supremacy. You only want to use the no-scope mod with a Shotgun, not Snipers, Sidearms or Fusions.

Likewise, if you have the weapon-swap trick shot enabled, double-clicking ADS will swap the weapon then fire it. You do NOT want that enabled in PvP where many of us open and close ADS quickly to keep track of an opponent. That's the only way a weapon will swap on its own.

Use the D-PAD RIGHT + R1, D-PAD RIGHT + L2 and D-PAD RIGHT + R2 toggles to enable / disable trickshots. I keep no-scope enabled for Shotgun PvP play, (RIGHT + R2) but leave the others disabled.

Also worth noting - the script has been updated to improve the auto-melee after Shoot timing in v1.7.1. I added a 20ms delay to the auto-melee because Destiny sometimes decides to Melee instead of Shoot if the opponent is close enough to punch. That got me killed plenty of times in Iron Banner as a 350 going up against 385s - an Aggressive Ballistics Matador shot to the face is not enough to one-shot them due to Light level differences.

The auto-melee delay ensures that the weapon fires first, then the punch lands 20ms later. Again, you really only want that enabled for Shotguns. Download v1.7.1 from the first post in this thread to ensure the script is up to date.
Last edited by antithesis on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:29 am, edited 14 times in total.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:43 am

brucea382 wrote:Quick question....dropped into patrol toggled everything on....all was good. When i dropped into PvP i couldn't get any one to work. So do i have to reset and toggle everything on again? Im new to the T1 so im still learning....thanks in advance. Also i like this script. Cant imagine how much time u spent on this....

All toggle states are saved on-board the Titan One - once enabled, they should remain enabled.

However, if you open the character menu (e.g via OPTIONS on PS4), all mods are disabled to prevent GunFlag swaps, and worse things like dismantling of weapons if Auto-revive is enabled, or rapidly purchasing stuff from vendors if Titan Skate is enabled, or minor annoyances like MELEE scrolling too fast through pages and CROUCH rapidly closing menus and tossing you out of a lobby.

Normally, pressing CIRCLE to close a menu (the default action if a menu is open) will re-enable the mods, but it's possible to load into a PvP or PvE map with mods still disabled, e.g Destiny flies your ship down to the planet and you haven't closed the menu manually.

Because the Titan One can't actually see what's going on in a game to know when to turn the mods back on, I've setup some additional conditions to resolve the open menu problem more or less automatically - just press ADS, SHOOT or CROUCH and the mods will re-enable. All other buttons are used in menu navigation (inc SPRINT if auto-sprint is enabled), so that's probably the best solution.

Update to v1.7.1 if you haven't already.

===================================

I'm getting pretty close to done with the Titan One Destiny scripts (Warlock will be posted soon) before migrating them to the Titan Two where there are nowhere near the same script size limitations.

I'm hoping to auto-disable auto-sprint when mounting a Sparrow in the next couple of days (it's proving tricky with almost no available bytecode and I don't want to remove anything to fit it in), which should pretty much wrap up the bug-fixing and clear the air for Titan Two.

I'll also add some Anti-recoil settings for popular exotics before calling it a day. Legendaries are more difficult to include in a list because perks vary wildly in terms of range and stability etc, but they're dead easy to customise yourself once you see how the Anti-recoil stuff works for exotics.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mark45L6 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:02 am

antithesis wrote:
Mark45L6 wrote:Firstly, thanks for the great script, lots of cool features to have fun with.

Auto-melee by itself won't swap a weapon. You can toggle that with D-PAD UP + R1.
Auto-melee will only activate after Shoot if the no-scope trick shot is also enabled via D-PAD RIGHT + R2.

This combination is intended as a follow-up punch to a Shotgun blast to finish off an opponent and works great in modes like Supremacy. You only want to use the no-scope mod with a Shotgun, not Snipers, Sidearms or Fusions.

Likewise, if you have the weapon-swap trick shot enabled, double-clicking ADS will swap the weapon then fire it. You do NOT want that enabled in PvP where many of us open and close ADS quickly to keep track of an opponent. That's the only way a weapon will swap on its own.

Use the D-PAD RIGHT + R1, D-PAD RIGHT + L2 and D-PAD RIGHT + R2 toggles to enable / disable trickshots. I keep no-scope enabled for Shotgun PvP play, (RIGHT + R2) but leave the others disabled.

Also worth noting - the script has been updated to improve the auto-melee after Shoot timing in v1.7.1. I added a 20ms delay to the auto-melee because Destiny sometimes decides to Melee instead of Shoot if the opponent is close enough to punch. That got me killed plenty of times in Iron Banner as a 350 going up against 385s - an Aggressive Ballistics Matador shot to the face is not enough to one-shot them due to Light level differences.

The auto-melee delay ensures that the weapon fires first, then the punch lands 20ms later. Again, you really only want that enabled for Shotguns. Download v1.7.1 from the first post in this thread to ensure the script is up to date.

Thanks for the response, I'd presumed it was one of the other settings I'd had turned on that could cause the weapon swap - the weapon-swap trick shot being enabled is the likely cause.

Yes, that's when I've been using the auto melee - after a SG hit, it's extremely effective tool for this as it means consistently following up a SG hit with a fast melee every time, something I've very inconsistent with.

With regards recoil settings, I've only had a quick play but 20 left and 50 vertical I found useful for TLW which seemed to be also ok with other HCs. Whereas changing the 20 to 12 for pulses like Hawksaw worked well too.
Mark45L6
Corporal
Corporal

Postby antithesis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Mark45L6 wrote:Yes, that's when I've been using the auto melee - after a SG hit, it's extremely effective tool for this as it means consistently following up a SG hit with a fast melee every time, something I've very inconsistent with.

With regards recoil settings, I've only had a quick play but 20 left and 50 vertical I found useful for TLW which seemed to be also ok with other HCs. Whereas changing the 20 to 12 for pulses like Hawksaw worked well too.

I've been loving the auto-melee follow-up, it's crazy fast and takes away a lot of the pressure of close-quarters engagements. The melee auto-targets the opponent even if you're not facing them, which helps line up a second volley, if needed.

Recoil can be dialed in pretty tight. It'll be possible to tweak it to a much greater degree on the Titan Two.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to GPC1 Script Programming