Destiny - Hunter Fun Pack

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Destiny - Hunter Fun Pack

Postby eqwoot » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:41 am

thanks for the new update, the combo works much better with smoke bomb then grenade!

actually you still can still clear some room if necessary, changing the (+/-) could change the recoil to left or right so we don't need so many Anti-Recoil_R Anti-Recoil_L coding.

RightStick_X = (get_val(RX_AXIS) + AntiRecoil_R);
eqwoot
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby antithesis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:13 am

eqwoot wrote:thanks for the new update, the combo works much better with smoke bomb then grenade!

actually you still can still clear some room if necessary, changing the (+/-) could change the recoil to left or right so we don't need so many Anti-Recoil_R Anti-Recoil_L coding.

RightStick_X = (get_val(RX_AXIS) + AntiRecoil_R);

Recoil's as slim-line as it gets. Titan One doesn't accept negative values (e.g -100), scripts won't compile and GTuner tosses an error. I tried that first time around before splitting H into L & R ;) The defines eat up bugger all code and AR's compressed via the function, so that's not a concern...it's a path already travelled.

What I have done though is left the TRACEs active in the AR function (I pulled that ages ago, not sure how it crept back in), which could cull some space :oops:

It's combos that kill bytespace more than anything and again, they're all barebones as possible while retaining functionality, including the long NLB combo. The duplicate (set_val X, 0) wait (XX), set_val (X, 0) in some combos look redundant, but they're not.

Anyway...I'm not sure I can do Smoke then Grenade without pulling the auto-melee code, which I'm not going to do. I can potentially write the combo to ignore the first GRENADE press, trigger MELEE then GRENADE, which will do what you want. But that overrides the default GRENADE press and I don't know if Super will trigger properly on GRENADE + MELEE, which is problematic.

Leave it with me, I'll give it another crack, there's room for a couple more short lines of code in the Wombo Combo. I know exactly what to do, it'll just depend on how Destiny interprets the script.
Last edited by antithesis on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:05 am

Okey-dokes, I think I've done it. The code is actually simpler than the current implementation, but overrides default Grenade functionality. I don't see that as a problem, it's called Wombo Combo for a reason.

Smoke goes first, but it requires a short hold of the Grenade button for the character animations to complete. A tap will result in only a Smoke toss. If Grenade is charged but Smoke isn't, the Grenade will toss by itself. But if both are charged and the Wombo Combo toggle is active, both will toss.

I've set the combo to trigger on event_press, I'll test get_val and event_release to see if that improves the behaviour when I've got some time tonight. I don't think it matters, it works fine as is.

As for Super, again it won't trigger by holding just Grenade, so that's not an issue. Super will however still trigger if pressing the GRENADE + MELEE buttons.

I'll upload v1.9.2, let me know if that's problem solved :)
Last edited by antithesis on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Callisto » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:49 am

thanks for the update. awesome job/script.
Callisto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mark45L6 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:58 am

I found shadestep a little inconsistent when trying to use normal crouch or sliding. Changing ShadeStepDelay from 120 to 250 solved this for me.

I also found the wombo combo wouldn't always work in that it wouldn't always throw the normal grenade after the smoke. Increasing the delay after throwing smoke (within the combo) from 25 to 50 I found solved this.

Just sharing in case anyone else encountered the same problems.
Mark45L6
Corporal
Corporal

Postby antithesis » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:01 am

I use a keyboard, which I found to be more responsive than a controller in testing. That's why the values are editable in defines.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:10 am

It looks like I forgot to upload the most recent version of the script a couple of months ago...doh! New version 1.9.4 is now in the GPC Library.

No major functionality changes, just a tidier AntiRecoil function to allow for negative values (left and up). Anti-recoil defines were changed to ints for this reason.

Tidying up AntiRecoil also created a scrap of room to slot in an option for Y-axis inversion.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby masterx1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 pm

hello i use Hunter Fun Pack in my device pro and i see this error
------ GPC: Build started ------
1: destiny__hunter_fun_pack.gpc
Bytecode size: 4108 bytes (100.29%)
ERROR: Maximum bytecode length (4096 bytes) exceeded.
masterx1
Private
Private

Postby antithesis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 pm

masterx1 wrote:hello i use Hunter Fun Pack in my device pro and i see this error
------ GPC: Build started ------
1: destiny__hunter_fun_pack.gpc
Bytecode size: 4108 bytes (100.29%)
ERROR: Maximum bytecode length (4096 bytes) exceeded.

Have you attempted to edit the script? It's already at maximum size and adding anything will tip it over the limit, which is the error you're seeing in the GPC Compiler.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby rainbow47 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks for this script. Just a quick question. I ahve auto sprint enabled. So when I sprint and then reload the script stops sprinting. But then after the reload it does not start sprintig again. So I have to stop running and start running again. Is that on purpose or am I doing something wrong?
rainbow47
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to GPC1 Script Programming