Destiny - Hunter Fun Pack

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Destiny - Hunter Fun Pack

Postby antithesis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 pm

rainbow47 wrote:Thanks for this script. Just a quick question. I ahve auto sprint enabled. So when I sprint and then reload the script stops sprinting. But then after the reload it does not start sprintig again. So I have to stop running and start running again. Is that on purpose or am I doing something wrong?

It's been awhile since I've played Destiny, but I think you do need to tap forward again after a reload.

There's no way around that as auto-sprint affects a tonne of other stuff (like Reload, riding a Sparrow, moving while ADS etc) and it's as clean and functional as it can be within the constraints of the Destiny engine.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pjb125 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Anyone know if this gamepack performs well for destiny 2?
pjb125
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:38 pm

There's a tonne of changes from the first game, so it'll work only in parts. Hunter's the one most likely to remain intact.

Things like weapon tracking work, auto-sprint and sparrow should be ok, as should wombo combo and shadestep. Other stuff like NLB reload and Skating for Titans will obviously be broken.

I will get around to rewriting the fun packs for D2, but the game doesn't interest me enough at the moment to bother. Try Rabid Taco's or Scachi's or bonefisher's D2 scripts.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pjb125 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 am

I'm most concerned with anti-recoil and crouch/strafe while ADS. Would these mods still function well in D2? Thanks for getting back to me.

Regarding the other scripts, I can't seem to find D2 scripts for titan one; they all seem to be for T2 :/
pjb125
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 am

Yep, anti-recoil works fine, as does weapon tracking and rapid-fire. However in Destiny 1&2, you're largely better off getting used to a weapon's recoil pattern. The big exception to that rule is SMGs, which greatly benefit from anti-recoil. Sidearms too, to a lesser degree, but they don't have the kick they had in D1.

Could you elaborate on crouch/strafe while ADS? Do you mean anti-recoil changes while crouched and/or while strafing? Crouch-based anti-recoil is possible, but it potentially adds a tonne of bytecode due to functionality replication. A multiplier might work in that case, i.e if ADS + SHOOT + CROUCH, Recoil_V = Recoil_V * 0.9. I'd need to play with it, let me know what you have in mind.

Strafing can't really be accommodated for anti-recoil, except when the guy you're shooting at does it and you need to adjust your aim quickly, in which case AR reduces based on how far you've moved your aim.

If you mean will double-clicking CROUCH perform a dodge in D2? Yep, that should still work.

There's some funky stuff going on when first using these scripts on T2 due to the bit_operations, but resetting all toggles sorts that out.

I've just started playing D2 again during Iron Banner, let me see what I can recycle for D2 on T1.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pjb125 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:05 pm

I just mean, most destiny gamepacks I've looked at only allow you to activate strafe mode or crouch mode when you are NOT aiming down sights. With this pack, is it possible for me to enable strafe mode why ADS? It seems to me that strafing has much more utility when you are in a close gunfight with someone. In which case, its very unlikely that anyone would be shooting without ADS.

Or is it possible to continually crouch while aiming down sights? I feel like this would have by far the best utility in trials and competitive pvp with helping to win close gunfights.
pjb125
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Midnight » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 pm

pjb125 wrote:Or is it possible to continually crouch while aiming down sights? I feel like this would have by far the best utility in trials and competitive pvp with helping to win close gunfights.

Yeah, it would be just great to get possibility to continuously "crouch-stand" move (like repeated automatic double-clicking CROUCH), when you go full-on with rapid with ADS.

It will be a GREAT addition!
If it's possible to implement of course.
Midnight
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby antithesis » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:28 pm

So you mean tea-bagging while ADS + SHOOT'ing? Can be done, the timing is much slower than a dodge.

Auto-strafing is also possible. However, keep in mind that strafing in D2 is like manoeuvring a battleship - there's a huge delay when changing direction. That's not a terrible thing as I tend to believe it helps with AA when using a kb, but the massive bump in AA and bullet magnetism in the Crucible also applies to the guy shooting at you, so it may not help a great deal.

I'm a m/kb user, so I naturally strafe randomly while shooting so it's not something I'd personally use, but it may free up some mental CPU cycles and prove useful on a controller. Worth trying, easy to do. Thanks for the suggestion :)
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to GPC1 Script Programming