Save path for MaxAim configs

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Save path for MaxAim configs

Postby Ruggie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:32 am

I replaced my computer due to motherboard and processor failure and I'd like to move my MaxAim layouts from my old hard drive to my new computer but I can't seem to find where they are stored. I'm using the plugin version inside Gtuner. The old computer no longer works but I have the hard drive connected to the new computer. I just can't seem to find where or how layouts are saved.

It took a lot of time to get the mouse inputs right for the games I play and I'm trying to avoid having to go through that again.

Thanks
Ruggie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Save path for MaxAim configs

Postby Ruggie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:49 am

I figured it out, in case anyone else runs into this issue here is how I fixed it.

The file that contains the layouts is called MaxAim.db however, Gtuner (titan one) seems to run from two different folders so my first attempt to just copy this from my old Program Files folder to the new one was not successful.

Gtuner seems to use these two folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Gtuner\
C:\Users\{Your windows user account}\AppData\Roaming\Gtuner

My old computer was Win7 and the MaxAim.db file was in my Program Files folder.
My new computer is Win10 and there is a MaxAim.db file in my Program Files folder but there is a second one in my appdata folder and that seems to be the one the MaxAim plugin is reading.

This was a little confusing since I checked my shortcut and it is definitely running the gTuner located in my Program Files folder.

If you encounter the same issue, find the MaxAim.db on your old drive that has the latest date, then copy it into both locations on the new computer.
Ruggie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Save path for MaxAim configs

Postby J2Kbr » Mon May 01, 2017 3:02 pm

You are totally correct. thank you for taking time to explain how you figure out where the MaxAim DI layouts files are stored.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support