[Maxaim/Gtuner] Getting Full Analog Control With MaxAimDI?

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

[Maxaim/Gtuner] Getting Full Analog Control With MaxAimDI?

Postby Fluid_O » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:59 am

Essentially what I'd like to do is get an XInput controller, like for example a gamecube controller with a mayflash adapter, and run it through MaxaimDI, into a Titan One, and finally get the inputs to my switch.

Anyone that follows Parsec may have an idea of what I'm trying to do here, I'd like to get inputs from my friends over parsec to my switch using the Titan One, and as a proof of concept I'd like to get a fully functioning XInput controller through Maxaim DI to the switch locally with my own controller.

So far, I've got everything working properly, except there's one issue - I can't use full analog control sticks, which is basically a requirement for the game I'd like to play (Modded Smash Brothers.) All that ends up happening is my character walks to the left or right (instead of running) when I press the analog stick left or right because its not utilizing full analog input.

To take all the fluff out and tl;dr it into one complete question, Is it possible for me to use maxaim DI and set the sticks to just be analog 1-to-1 from Xinput, instead of saying "push the stick left to emulate a left push like I'm pressing a key on a keyboard."? Thanks in advance. :smile0517:
Fluid_O
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: [Maxaim/Gtuner] Getting Full Analog Control With MaxAimD

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Welcome to our forums.

You could fix this issue with a simple GPC script running on MaxAim DI. The script would read the analog input and scale it to reach the full -100 to 100 range.

For better help you with this script, please let me know what is the range that the analog currently does. You can check on Gtuner's Device Monitor.

Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fluid_O » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 pm

It goes from -76 to 76 on LX, and -88 to 74 on LY, thanks for the quick reply.
Fluid_O
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Fluid_O wrote:It goes from -76 to 76 on LX, and -88 to 74 on LY, thanks for the quick reply.

Thank, here is the script:
Code: Select all
main {
    sensitivity(XB1_RX, NOT_USE, 136);
    sensitivity(XB1_RY, NOT_USE, 136);
    sensitivity(XB1_LX, NOT_USE, 136);
    sensitivity(XB1_LY, NOT_USE, 136);
}

Please note, when using MaxAim DI the script should be loaded on the active MaxAim Layout, and not on the device's memory slot. For that, open the Script on Gtuner Pro code editor and run MaxAim DI via plugin menu. On MaxAim, click on Menu Layout -> Load GPC Script.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fluid_O » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:40 am

Works perfectly, but while I'm here I'd like to solve a second problem.

LT and RT are bound to shield in that game, is there a way that I can set a deadzone with a GCP script so its like "if LZ/LRZ goes above 30, input LT/RT?", or the opposite, "If LZ/LRZ is less than 30, do not input LT/RT?"

I tried using the deadzone in the direct input settings but that doesn't encompass LZ and LRZ. At the moment they usually sit at around 0 - 20, so using LZ/LRZ+ just makes it constant input LT/RT, so I just shield forever.

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to figure out how to accomplish this on my own, thank you so much for your assistance.
Fluid_O
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:34 am

Fluid_O wrote:EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to figure out how to accomplish this on my own, thank you so much for your assistance.

:smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Coyoteway » Sat May 29, 2021 6:11 am

Hey, do you know the method which fixed the Shoulder Buttons as well as the Z Button as I'm having the same issues with the input?
Coyoteway
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support