Driving Force GT emulate DS3

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Driving Force GT emulate DS3

Postby hoeveler » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:01 pm

HI! First time posting here, I have read up on the method of using maxaim di plugin to allow DFGT wheel and pedals on PS4, XBOX, etc. But I'm just trying to use my wheel and pedals on the PS3 for games that aren't made to use the DFGT like Farming Simulator 2013. So my question is, since the wheel runs natively on the PS3, do I need to do all that (connecting titan one to PC, installing driver on pc, connecting wheel to pc) if I'm just wanting the DFGT to remap to DS3 controller functions?
I'm going to attempt to answer my own question today by using the remap plugin and I'll follow up with my findings, as I've not seen any other posts of this sort.
hoeveler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Driving Force GT emulate DS3

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:32 am

The Titan One, via the MaxAim DI plugin, can be used to interface PC compatible Steering Wheels to be used on PS3 (and also on PS4, PS5, XSX, XB1, Xbox 360, PS TV). The MaxAim DI captures the wheel inputs, convert these inputs according to user made layout and, through the Titan One device, sends the commands to console.

For example, the connections for PS3:

(1) Titan One on PS3;
(2) Titan One on PC (mini-USB cable)
(3) The Steering Wheel connected on PC

On PC, launch Gtuner Pro and open the MaxAim DI plugin.

MaxAim documentation:
https://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/maxa ... cation.htm

The video liked below shows how this setup works for the Driving Force GT, the approach is the same for any Steering Wheel.

In our forums there are tutorials to setup the Steering Wheels with the Titan One and MaxAim DI:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1216
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1664
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hoeveler » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:30 pm

Thanks for clarifying that. I got it set up just like you describe, having my Driving Force GT connected to the PC, and the PC connected to the TitanOne, in order to connect the accelerator and brake pedals to the L2/R2 buttons for games like Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing that don't officially support the steering wheel.
NOW my question is, since I'm using a device that is officially supported by PS3 (the DFGT wheel and pedals), why is it not possible to simply use the Remap plugin and bypass the MaxAim DI entirely? What I mean is that I'm not needing to translate from one (PS3 unsupported) input device to another using a PC and MaxAim DI for the translation. So if the remap plugin had access to whatever button or analog input the pedals (and shifter) are set to, I could just remap that to the L2/R2 buttons. Is that possible?
hoeveler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby hoeveler » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 am

J2Kbr wrote:In our forums there are tutorials to setup the Steering Wheels with the Titan One and MaxAim DI:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1216
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1664

Thanks for the tutorial links, did you ever get a chance to track down the Driving Force realism script? The link is broken.
hoeveler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support